Our Second Bye

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I literally turned off the game when I saw Geno’s first awful pick. I could feel it in my bones that very moment that we were not going to win the game. I didn’t watch a second more and simply would check my phone every half hour or so to see what the score was. Good grief.

Glad I spared myself the elevated blood pressure. I’m really nervous about Geno’s regression. That could have a massive impact on our playoff hopes let alone winning the division.

I don’t know what happened in the game so maybe someone can explain why our defense gave up so many points??

Every year there is a garbage game. The kind you have to just throw in the trash. This was ours.

So I am pretending this was our second bye week.

strohmin

Reaction score
It was the kind of game that cemented us as a non superbowl contending team. We may make the playoffs but we will most likely be knocked out quickly. Also there was nothing encouraging in this game that shows we are imrproving as a team. Even the back ups dominated us. It was embarrassing all around. We didnt even look like a capable NFL team.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Seattle was completely dominated in all three phases of the game. The Ravens had close to 300 yards rushing, their defense destroyed Seattle's offensive line. Geno was under severe duress all game. Outside of a few positive plays, Seattle was beat just about every snap on both sides of the ball.

I expect to see some changes come from this one. Better for this to happen now vs at the end of the season. There's plenty more football to be played. Seattle will need to right the ship quickly. That was pretty poor all around.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Seattle was completely dominated in all three phases of the game. The Ravens had close to 300 yards rushing, their defense destroyed Seattle's offensive line. Geno was under severe duress all game. Outside of a few positive plays, Seattle was beat just about every snap on both sides of the ball.

I expect to see some changes come from this one. Better for this to happen now vs at the end of the season. There's plenty more football to be played. Seattle will need to right the ship quickly. That was pretty poor all around.
What changes would you like to see. We have to work with the personnel we have but hopefully the coaching staff will look at play calling and see if they can simplify it. Watching the Vikings game and the qb they picked up three days ago leads team to a victory. We need something but don’t know exactly what.

Fade

Reaction score

Pete Carroll? Changes?

Good one.

NoGain

Reaction score
The way they ran on us was very disconcerting. I thought we had cleaned a lot of that up after the last few years.

I have to count myself amongst those numbers now who are very concerned about Geno as our starting QB. He just doesn't process well enough or fast enough for today's NFL. Just doesn't. Sure, if our running game is on, if our line gives him time, and our defense isn't getting mauled, Geno is a good enough QB for us to win. We could easily right the ship (PC's great at that), and make the playoffs with Geno. But he's not good enough of a processor in live action to beat quality teams consistently with.

Just MO.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey Todd, we had a chance until coaching staff made absolutely no 2nd half adjustments.

It was ugly and like you I only paid a tiny bit of attention after the first O drive of the 2nd half.

I will not be wearing any Seahawk gear as I go about the rest of my day. I’m throughly embarrassed to be a Seahawk fan today.
It was a terrible showing in all aspects and I’m not sure that any single player had a “good” day.

Many fans considered this the measuring stick for the remainder of the season, I pray that they are wrong and this game was just a fluke. TBH I’m not convinced.

I believe something is “off” and I’m not sure what it is. We appear on paper to have all the pieces.
My concern is it may be Geno, and I hate saying that because I truly believed he was going to be serviceable.

This game was not out of reach until we made zero adjustments at the half.
When something isn’t working, you must try something else.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Pete Carroll? Changes?

Good one.
They've made plenty of changes over his tenure here in Seattle.

The big takeaway from the post game presser was that he directly mentioned that we need to call more winning plays on third down. I've mentioned the playcalling being poor at times, and it was again today.

Tackling in this game was very poor and he mentioned that as well. The level of execution needed to beat teams like Baltimore was not what was put on display.

I get you hate Pete, but not everyone here drinks that Kool Aid.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The big takeaway from the post game presser was that he directly mentioned that we need to call more winning plays on third down.
Oh, so this entire time he's been calling losing plays?

That's the biggest load of coach talk I've ever heard.

"We just need to call more winning plays, drink more water, and there's no "I" in team."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It was the kind of game that cemented us as a non superbowl contending team. We may make the playoffs but we will most likely be knocked out quickly. Also there was nothing encouraging in this game that shows we are imrproving as a team. Even the back ups dominated us. It was embarrassing all around. We didnt even look like a capable NFL team.
Unfortunately, THIS ^^

I said that we'd get an answer about who we are this game.

We got it. Not the answer anyone wanted.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

"We just need to call more winning plays, drink more water, and there's no "I" in team."
Playcalling isn't on him, getting the playcalling fixed is.

You guys with the post game knee jerk reactions....

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Playcalling isn't on him, getting the playcalling fixed is.

You guys with the post game knee jerk reactions....
I don't think there would be this level of knee jerk if the game was 30-27, or 13-10, or 27-24 loss. It'd be heartbreaking, but there would be something.

This team got throttled and played so poorly, so unimaginably bad that networks were switching to other games instead of this dumpster fire of a performance on, not just Geno, but this coaching staff and defense.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I don't think there would be this level of knee jerk if the game was 30-27, or 13-10, or 27-24 loss. It'd be heartbreaking, but there would be something.

This team got throttled and played so poorly, so unimaginably bad that networks were switching to other games instead of this dumpster fire of a performance on, not just Geno, but this coaching staff and defense.
I had this game as a probable loss. I just hoped Seattle would show up and make it an actual game. Now look at them.

Aircrew

Reaction score

This.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I actually thought the defense played well against a very good offensive team. I know the defensive stats are ugly, but that's going to happen when your offense has more punts (7) than first downs (6) and the time of possession is 19:56 to 40:04.

The NFL is a league of adjustments and the league has figured out what Geno can and can't do. It's now up to Geno and the Hawks' coaching staff to make their own adjustments. Personally, I think they're trying too hard to force the ball to JSN. I would like to see more 12 and 13 personnel with the tight ends more involved in the passing game. This seemed to work well at the beginning of the season.

cymatica

Reaction score

There's no "I" in team but there's an "m" and an "e"