12 yards of offense in a half

fenderbender123

Reaction score
One more time with feeling, Geno had ZERO TIME to implement some of the plays that Waldron had drawn up, believe it or not, SOME PLAYS take MORE TIME to develop that others, The 'Stew-Recipe' was Waldron's the Cooking was Genos, while the Fire being extinguished was by Donald & Co. so it's Y'all that needs to dial it back, eh?

That was exactly his point.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of football. Watched plenty of teams with decimated lines.
Very rarely, almost never, have I seen a team fail to put up 25 yds of total offense in an entire half.
Maybe I missed it happening.

Also, pretty sure Donald didn't rip through the line on every snap. And if he did, the book on Donald is you run at him...not away from him.
Injuries happen during football games. Your plan to move past them shouldn't be 'ignore it, next man up'.
We were doing 5 and even 7 step drops with 2 injured starting OLs against one of the better DLs in football.
Geno 'didn't have time' because we ran plays that took too long for the WR to be in position or worse, asked the QB to read the coverage then throw AFTER the WR made his break.

It's one game. But it's been a pattern for longer. We often continue with game plans regardless of circumstance, matchup, or even effectiveness.

Even then, wrapping my head around 3 total yards of offense in a half (or 12) is still tough here. You should be getting positive yardage in most of your possessions in a drive. You should have more than 5 drives in a half.
It almost sounds like less than a yd of offense per drive in a half....

How does that happen? And when it does, does ANYTHING excuse it?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes , maybe some quick passes like the other successful teams do then catch them off balance with the run game.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It happened because Waldron didn't have a contingency plan. He thought the back ups could hold up in pass pro. Geno was pressured on 50% of the snaps after they came in. Rams smelled blood in the water.

Waldron failed to adjust. No TEs sets to help. Abandoned the run game after Walker was averaging over 5 yards per carry. That's pretty much it.

cymatica

Reaction score
It happened because Waldron didn't have a contingency plan. He thought the back ups could hold up in pass pro. Geno was pressured on 50% of the snaps after they came in. Rams smelled blood in the water.

Waldron failed to adjust. No TEs sets to help. Abandoned the run game after Walker was averaging over 5 yards per carry. That's pretty much it.
I've seen a lot of football. Watched plenty of teams with decimated lines.
Very rarely, almost never, have I seen a team fail to put up 25 yds of total offense in an entire half.
Maybe I missed it happening.

Also, pretty sure Donald didn't rip through the line on every snap. And if he did, the book on Donald is you run at him...not away from him.
Injuries happen during football games. Your plan to move past them shouldn't be 'ignore it, next man up'.
We were doing 5 and even 7 step drops with 2 injured starting OLs against one of the better DLs in football.
Geno 'didn't have time' because we ran plays that took too long for the WR to be in position or worse, asked the QB to read the coverage then throw AFTER the WR made his break.

It's one game. But it's been a pattern for longer. We often continue with game plans regardless of circumstance, matchup, or even effectiveness.

Even then, wrapping my head around 3 total yards of offense in a half (or 12) is still tough here. You should be getting positive yardage in most of your possessions in a drive. You should have more than 5 drives in a half.
It almost sounds like less than a yd of offense per drive in a half....

This is what I saw. What really bothers me is that casual fans can see the obvious, but professional coaches act clueless.

What's sad is I'm not convinced they even realize this. Pete talks like they didn't execute here and there, but the biggest issue was not adjusting.

I swear, 4 or 5 more years of this and I'm done with Pete....

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
This is what I saw. What really bothers me is that casual fans can see the obvious, but professional coaches act clueless.

What's sad is I'm not convinced they even realize this. Pete talks like they didn't execute here and there, but the biggest issue was not adjusting.

4 or 5 more YEARS? 4 or 5 more years and PETE might be done with Pete. 😂

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
We basically got outclassed and out-coached. McVay knows Waldron like the back of his hand and Hurtt just isn’t who we need as a DC. Pete needs to retire with dignity and Jody needs to sell to Bezos. We need fresh everything

WarHawks

Reaction score

Lol. I know what you mean. A dozen more years of this failure and I may have to put my foot down!

HawkFreak

Reaction score
One more time with feeling, Geno had ZERO TIME to implement some of the plays that Waldron had drawn up, believe it or not, SOME PLAYS take MORE TIME to develop that others, The 'Stew-Recipe' was Waldron's the Cooking was Genos, while the Fire being extinguished was by Donald & Co. so it's Y'all that needs to dial it back, eh?
Do they not have other plans/play drawn up to be used in various unforeseen circumstances? Expecting things to go perfectly as planned on paper seems a little naive on their part. Or at least against the familiar Rams have a set of plays drawn up for those games when AD is blowing up the line?