Our Second Bye

kidhawk

Reaction score
That game was fugly. I did watch every second until they switched the feed. Been many years since I couldn’t watch an entire game. I would have watched all had they televised it though. I certainly don’t enjoy watching the losses but I do like to see what we did and where we can improve and where we may be weak with little chance of improving.

From what I saw this game the offense again failed to hold up. The defense got wore out (maybe just gave up) and we were beat by a better team. No shock that we lost only by how much.

Our offense needs to get back that attitude of pounding the rock over and over until it works. Geno needs a good run game to feed the pass game. It won’t work the other way around.

Start of the year and I would have swore our offense would look elite by now but it’s only regressing and it has to stop somehow.

cymatica

Reaction score
I don't think there would be this level of knee jerk if the game was 30-27, or 13-10, or 27-24 loss. It'd be heartbreaking, but there would be something.

This team got throttled and played so poorly, so unimaginably bad that networks were switching to other games instead of this dumpster fire of a performance on, not just Geno, but this coaching staff and defense.
They played so bad and looked so incompetent, it actually just made me lose hope for the entire season in a single sitting. Maybe they can regain it if they start playing so good they make this game look like a fluke.

What's sad is, the defense was actually playing very well starting out. They gave the offense so many favorable starting positions. They showed up. The offense, however you slice it or whoever you want to blame, looked like trash. They were completely inept.

I actually think the defense just started to give up. If the offense showed any heart in the 2nd half, defense definitely would have held their own. It was so pathetic though, why even try at that point.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I literally turned off the game when I saw Geno’s first awful pick. I could feel it in my bones that very moment that we were not going to win the game. I didn’t watch a second more and simply would check my phone every half hour or so to see what the score was. Good grief.

Glad I spared myself the elevated blood pressure. I’m really nervous about Geno’s regression. That could have a massive impact on our playoff hopes let alone winning the division.

I don’t know what happened in the game so maybe someone can explain why our defense gave up so many points??

Every year there is a garbage game. The kind you have to just throw in the trash. This was ours.

So I am pretending this was our second bye week.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I would have watched it to the end, but the networks said otherwise. It might as well have been another bye week.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
It was the kind of game that cemented us as a non superbowl contending team. We may make the playoffs but we will most likely be knocked out quickly. Also there was nothing encouraging in this game that shows we are imrproving as a team. Even the back ups dominated us. It was embarrassing all around. We didnt even look like a capable NFL team.
We are not making the playoffs. We just don’t have the talent to. Or coaching. Who knows. But the schedule is going into the hard part of it. We may lose the next 5 games.

NoGain

Reaction score
Why are people so scared of the Commanders when they just traded away their pass rush?

Optimus25

Reaction score
If you recall how we defended Josh Jacobs last year, that was basically the run defense all day long.

Torc

Reaction score
The Ravens did the same thing to the Lions two weeks ago. Are they also not a playoff team? Jackson is 18-1 now against NFC teams. That's no coincidence.

We know Geno has not played well against man defense, which the Ravens use most of the time. To me that's a coaching issue - know your strengths and weaknesses, and plan accordingly. Waldron didn't have a game plan to mitigate Geno's weakness. The Seahawks desperately needed to establish the run game, which they failed at. The O-line needed to give Geno a smidgin of time to look at his targets, which they also failed at.

We were flat out beat by a better team, it helps a bit that they are an AFC team. The truth of the matter is that the stretch from 11/23-12/17 is going to decide our season one way or the other, but we knew that the moment the schedules were published. We're still tied for first place in the NFC West.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
T

That's because YOU ARE A QUITTER, & Yeah, that's A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Lol. What does this even mean? I'm not a player or a coach so how can I possibly quit? If your referring to me as being a fan and not rooting for the team, well that will never happen. As for expectations with the current regime, yeah I have little. I've seen the pattern for years now and I already know how its going to play out. It's strange that you don't.

bileever

Reaction score
I watched until the bitter end, and it was pretty awful watching Tyler Huntley have his way with the Seahawk defense.

This was a total beatdown, on both sides of the ball. It was the opposite of complementary football. The offensive failures contributed to the defensive failures.

The Ravens are a very good team. No one has figured out how to beat that defense yet. The outcome of this game says as much about how good the Ravens are as how mediocre the Seahawks are.

That being said, it didn't look like Shane Waldron had any clue about how to counter that defense. Hopefully, he'll come away with some lessons learned and adapt.

Not an excuse, but it was unfortunate that we had to play in the eastern time zone the day after switching to standard time, meaning that the Seahawks had to deal with a 4-hour time change.

I leave you with the immortal words of Jim Mora: "PLAYOFFS?! Don’t talk about—playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs!?!"