12 yards of offense in a half

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
As much as I love Pete, the winds of change are swirling. Yes it’s one game but the writing is on the wall. This may be Jody’s last year of ownership and a sell to Bezos would make my year and would make sense to all parties involved. The injury bug has dwindled our hopes of competing this year and unless we can get some solid tackle play out of our practice squad and a guy in his 40’s, we’re screwed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep, I just read an article that said that the Seahawks are relying too much on the big plays, and not doing enough to develop the YAC to keep the chains moving.
It's become obvious that the most successful Offenses in the League are trending more towards the short game (WCO?) and that Pete & Co. have yet to get on board with it.
Teams that employ RB's that can also catch (Kenny Mac) are the ones that are seeing the most success (McCaffery)
I think Pete will get on board with this trend once he gets burned by it enough....Sooner the Better.

Two high safeties and 4-5 LB/CB/safety hybrid defenses are the new hotness.

Which is why the McVay and Haley coaching trees that employ all these complex layered short yardage RPO run and passing attacks are so successful.

Which a Waldren offense SHOULD be taking advantage of, especially with our skill position players? But we sure didn't see it last week. But that was the case all around the league, offenses looked bad all over the place.

Hopefully it'll be better this week. Hopefully.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is the problem.
SF owns the Rams recently. Why do you think that is?

Because you can run all over the Rams. Their DL is great but their LBs are almost as bad as ours.
SF has one of the best rushing offenses in the NFL. Maybe THE best.

So they run all over the Rams.
Sure the Rams secondary is suspect, both in safeties and not fantastic (but not terrible) CBs. But if you get baited into throwing on them, you are being fooled.

You run at the Rams. That's been the MO for years. Look who they lost to. Rush against their DL and rush the passer.
SF knows this.

Now, we supposedly have this great deep RB room. So why were we throwing so much? And running plays that take time to develop?
It's almost like we didn't scout them, or did, and decided to hell with it...we want to play our way, regardless of the scouting.

This probably won't be the only time we ignore the easier, and potentially obvious, path to victory.

Admittedly, not having a pass rush didn't help. Probably a bad sign considering the LA OL is below average.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Two high safeties and 4-5 LB/CB/safety hybrid defenses are the new hotness.

Which is why the McVay and Haley coaching trees that employ all these complex layered short yardage RPO run and passing attacks are so successful.

Which a Waldren offense SHOULD be taking advantage of, especially with our skill position players? But we sure didn't see it last week. But that was the case all around the league, offenses looked bad all over the place.

Hopefully it'll be better this week. Hopefully.
Nothing will change until Pete is gone he meddles in everything full stop no pass go no $200. This is what absolute power gets you an absolute mess irregardless of talent. Dallas is example number 2. Trust me they screw it up somehow like clockwork.

Pete controls everything and stifles everyone and never allows for adjustment or actually have a game plan based on the opponent. TW is absolutely correct the book on AD and the Rams is to run them right into the ground but Pete is all my way or highway. Our best hope until Jody sells is just win 4-5:games or lower for the next couple years.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nothing will change until Pete is gone he meddles in everything full stop no pass go no $200. This is what absolute power gets you an absolute mess irregardless of talent. Dallas is example number 2. Trust me they screw it up somehow like clockwork.

Pete controls everything and stifles everyone and never allows for adjustment or actually have a game plan based on the opponent. TW is absolutely correct the book on AD and the Rams is to run them right into the ground but Pete is all my way or highway. Our best hope until Jody sells is just win 4-5:games or lower for the next couple years.

Save your breath Mizzou. Most of this board is convinced the Hawks are on the right path and Pete will straighten everything out if we just keep giving him a few years. Rose colored glasses hide the true reality for so many.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It's almost like we didn't scout them, or did, and decided to hell with it...we want to play our way, regardless of the scouting.

This probably won't be the only time we ignore the easier, and potentially obvious, path to victory.

That's been the pattern over many years. No need to deviate, just execute. It worked with a historically great defense and all pro mobile QB, so no need to change it up. I don't watch many games lately where I don't say "What in the living hell is Pete thinking".

The Dallas playoff game was a great example of a coaching staff robbing a very winnable game from the players.