Russell Wilson needs to play better

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":24j67v02 said:
This was a bad weather game and Wilson did enough to protect the ball and get the W. I'm sure he'd like a number of those plays back, but it is what it is. He didn't lose us the game.

Andrew Luck just threw his second INT of the half vs. New England. First one was basically a pick-6. His mistakes are the difference in the score.
Except that this has been the norm from Wilson for some time now regardless the weather.

His body of work demands our confidence but this last month and a half has been hard to watch.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
There is more to it than just weather and good defenses stifling our passing game. Russ is mannnn. We all know that. But it's hard to keep overlooking the inaccuracy issues and not seeing the open receiver when/if they get open. But some of it is this lousy ass play calling. Do we seriously not have any quick passes? Double pumps quick throws down the sideline while teams try and jump on the bubble screen? We didnt try on back shoulder side line throw. Tight end over the middle for 6 yards with just a basketball style body block out for the endzone shots?

More quick slants I tell ya. I know they tried some today. Some were dropped, some were badly thrown. But I hope they work on that.

Im watching Brady (I know he is legendary) not hesitate for a second to throw the ball to a slanting receiver with a defender right on him but hit him perfectly in stride with outreached arms where the defender cant snag it. Russ has these opportunities a lot every game, but trying to be safe pulls them back almost all of the time. You have to be able to place the ball to covered receiver some times and not just look for completely open and uncovered receivers.

Im ok with the cautious play if we are winning. But I pray that when the time counts, or we are down, he drops the fear card and shows the world what he can really do. He is phenomenal. And only 2 things can hold him back. Bevell and Russell.

That said, time to rest and enjoy the win. Well done angry birds!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
No worries, Andrew Luck is the anointed one. He is the second coming of ... Joe +Payton+Andrew Luck himself. All in one person.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Seahawkx":dkjzumyc said:
FlyingGreg":dkjzumyc said:
Nothing is going to change until we get WRs that can get open.

Been saying it for years.

Bring in Payton Manning, this team will blow out every game 40-3. Each of Our recievers will be over 1000 yards. RW just isnt a traditional Qb.. He needs to be a duel threat to succeed, but recently he thinks he is something else and failing horribly.
In America you are entitled to your opinion, even when you are very wrong... This is a site for football fans....

Latest posts