Sigh..It's only fair. Draft capital needs to go to Pete's successor

TraderGary

Reaction score
Go look at my profile. Throwing out age is always a losing option. My 71st birthday is Jan 1. I will be in my 72 year.
LOL my mistake, and happy birthday next week. I know you're a passionate Hawks fan as am I and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Nothing personal. And by the way, I'm not far behind you in age. lol

Rainger

Reaction score
LOL my mistake, and happy birthday next week. I know you're a passionate Hawks fan as am I and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Nothing personal. And by the way, I'm not far behind you in age. lol
Thank you.

Ps I have been at, seen on TV or listened on the radio (in the years of blackouts) every game the Hawks have ever played since 1976.

That includes living in Canada and Australia.

That doesn't make me any better than any other fan but I have seen everything this team has ever done, good and bad.

Started watching the Raiders in 1960 and NEVER missed a single Hawks game in history.

Was at their first ever win in pre season in 1976 and their first ever playoff game and win against lol of all teams the Broncos

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
Man do you even know the organizational structure of the Hawks?????? JS,CAN NOT assume full control unless Jody gives it to him. That would require an altering of both JS and PC's contracts and the team structure.

Doesn't matter what YOU want, Pete has a contract that JS has NO control over!!!!! Go cry on Jody's shoulder maybe she will listen to you, but I doubt it. You have him until the end of 2025 get used to it.

PC

EXECUTIVE VP OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS/HEAD COACH​

JS
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER

JS does NOT sit above PC. His job is to WORK with the VP of FOOTBALL operations to help that VP build a winning team. One VP can not fire another VP without a structural change that must come from above both and an altering of existing contracts.
I know how they are structured.

"Now is the time for JS to assume full control..."

Is referring to changing the current failed structure. Placing JS at the top and moving forward without Pete, starting anew.

Pete's had 7 years to fix the defense, he can't, or he would have by now. Too many bad decisions. Malik McDowell, LJ Collier, Jordyn Brooks, Marquise Blair, Darrell Taylor, Ken Norton, Clint Hurtt, and trading for Jamal Adams.

Burning the upcoming draft haul on the track record above would be a disaster! To go with 6 years of some of the worst D coordinators this league has ever seen.

Paul Allen would have forced Pete into retirement years ago.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. However, though it was never released publicly, there were a lot of rumors going around that during last offseason, Jody stripped Pete of some of his power including over the draft. It's why many of us here believe the reason we had such a successful draft this year was because instead of PC calling the shots, JS was largely in control of the picks, and that PC was primarily responsible for the majority of the poor drafts in recent years.
I totally agree with you. Seattle just nails a couple of drafts , then inexplicably they start doing stupid stuff that has head coach written all over it.
I hope this is the case and Schneider gets to be .... Schneider.

He'll freaking kill it

BASF

Reaction score
Here's my wild guess which amounts to the same as each of yours, Clint Hurtt has had a large amount of say as who was drafted for the defensive line since he was hired as their position coach.
Malik McDowell failure
Nazair Jones failure
Rasheem Green failure
LJ Collier spectacular failure
Darrell Taylor shown somethings, but seems to have regressed
Alton Robinson done nothing yet
Boye Mafe too early to tell
Tyreke Smith too early to tell

That is a lot of failure with Hurtt's input. With Carroll promoting a failure as a position coach to the highest defensive authority, we have regressed further.