Geno needs to watch it -

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I get that he's got problems with the officiating.

BUT, he needs to get that under control.

As cute as the 'jedi centering move' PC threw him from the sideline just after the 'spat' with the ref yesterday was. I thought he was kinda close to getting ejected. Maybe, maybe not - but there have been at least 4 of these 'incidents' in the past month - where he gets super hot, and confrontational with the officials.

Mark my words - that's not a good look. You might win the argument, but lose the battle - phantom holding calls can always be dug up. Look at TB12 after he revealed his 'special' relationship with the refs last year. The next game was comical. It can happen.

AND, if you push it too much - I would honestly hate to see him ejected. We get it, he's got passion, and I love that - but check it before you get into red-line territory man.

Having said all that..... Geno for Prez!

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The officiating has been brutal against Seattle. If you can’t understand that then you need to get your eye’s checked out son. Go Hawks!!!!
Huh?

I know that. I posted in my "Character - that's what I saw" thread from several weeks ago - that the refs keep booting us in the nuts, and that this is the first team in 6 years that can actually pick themselves up and carry on.

Secondly - not your son.

Got it - refs are brutal. That wasn't the point. The point was that as much as I've liked the character type and 'overcome' responses of the last month - I DON'T like it when it gets into the redline/Geno can't handle it.

Particularly after the 'spat' - when he's yelling at 'someone' on the sidelines for redemption after hitting 16 'angrily'. Several times. In a "told you so" pissed off kinda way.

That's what I'm talking about -

You remember XL, right? Refs have had our number for decades. That wasn't the point.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that Tyler took away from Geno getting pi**ed by celebrating a little extra? Veteran move. And Geno was more than justified about that ridiculous false start. Blythe did NOTHING wrong. So, instead of a first down on an obviously off sides, they stop the FREE PLAY and it's 3rd and 10. Threw a rope and Tyler's catch was equally impressive. Lord Rodgers and walk on water Brady scream at refs all the time. Big deal. It's called passion and fire, Geno has BOTH.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I don't think it was egregious, and he responded perfectly.

The team is going to respect a dude that actually goes into battle with them. That's worth something.
Okay - I've obviously posted something incorrectly here -

It's not about passion. I got that. Jesus - I've been saying "Geno for Prez" for a while now.

Passion is good. Passion is great. Right up until you get ejected - or make 'oh, this douche again' frenemies out of the limited number of crews that Ref in the NFL. Ask Brady. He'll coach ya up on that.

AND, I wasn't saying that 'this episode' was ejection worthy.

Just that he has been pretty hot, and he needs to watch it in the redline type area.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It just seems like an odd concern after they dominated a damn good team on the road.
Please give us an example of the last time a QB was actually ejected from a game? Penalty at some point? MAYBE. You can't take away someone's fire. This is football, players are passionate and fired up. Good, keep doing it Geno.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that Tyler took away from Geno getting pi**ed by celebrating a little extra? Veteran move. And Geno was more than justified about that ridiculous false start. Blythe did NOTHING wrong. So, instead of a first down on an obviously off sides, they stop the FREE PLAY and it's 3rd and 10. Threw a rope and Tyler's catch was equally impressive. Lord Rodgers and walk on water Brady scream at refs all the time. Big deal. It's called passion and fire, Geno has BOTH.
Okay - flame off for me.

Obviously I've missed the point somewhere.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Also don’t forget to add, they didn’t reset the game clock and force Seattle to use a time out.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben, Cam Newton, Mahomes, Rivers, Manning (Borh) have chewed refs out in games as well before plenty of times.

And yes he was clearly hot, but he was rightfully so and within reason. I don’t think he got to testy. The official could’ve ejected him at any point, however the official as well should’ve been composed and not barked back repeatedly. If anything the official getting just as hit if not more emotional/angry just leans towards some slight biased against Seattle. I personally blame the official as he was going back and forth with Geno and Pete.

And trust me as they were yapping back and forth I was watching the refs hand carefully because I honestly was fully expecting him to throw a flag or signal for ejection. Because imo he had the look of that’s what his goal was during that argument. To piss Geno off to where he had his reason to give Geno the boot. Thankfully Pete got Geno refocused.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I hate to keep bringing up the officiating but the refs are trying to steer us into losses this year. The entire crew that did the Saints game should be banned from the league permanently

cymatica

Reaction score
I hate to keep bringing up the officiating but the refs are trying to steer us into losses this year. The entire crew that did the Saints game should be banned from the league permanently
If the NFL didn't ban the official who ignored the unmistakable PI in the Rams Saints NFCCG on national tv, then they aren't going to bat an eye at blown calls that go against the South Alaska team that were predicted to have 5 wins.

keasley45

Reaction score
Huh?

I know that. I posted in my "Character - that's what I saw" thread from several weeks ago - that the refs keep booting us in the nuts, and that this is the first team in 6 years that can actually pick themselves up and carry on.

Secondly - not your son.

Got it - refs are brutal. That wasn't the point. The point was that as much as I've liked the character type and 'overcome' responses of the last month - I DON'T like it when it gets into the redline/Geno can't handle it.

Particularly after the 'spat' - when he's yelling at 'someone' on the sidelines for redemption after hitting 16 'angrily'. Several times. In a "told you so" pissed off kinda way.

That's what I'm talking about -

You remember XL, right? Refs have had our number for decades. That wasn't the point.
It's absolutley no different than when Brady or Rivers would get mouthy with the refs and then follow it up with an F you TD or huge pass play. When they do its fiery competitiveness. When Geno does it, he has to watch it?

Geno has shown he's a gracious pro, and humble leader. If he's getting jobbed by tye refs on a BS penalty, I'd rather he call them put then stand quietly. It's often that making the refs hear you when they've screwed up results in a 'make up' call a few plays later.

Love his emotion and I think the players around him feed off of it. Especially calm, cool Tyler.

DJrmb

Reaction score
He would have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty before any kind of ejection. Player ejections are pretty rare in the NFL and even more so for a QB. I don't think they'd eject Geno unless A, he touched a ref (that's an automatic ejection for any player) or B, got 2 unsportsmanlike penalties for riding a ref too hard and not letting it go. Both of those are unlikely.

Geno also seems to play well when he gets fired up like that so I'm not sure there's enough risk to outweigh the benefit in the end. I say let Geno keep getting chippy...

Spohawks

Reaction score
Refs/umpires don't get mad when the conversation is about the sport, its when the player makes it personal that the officials start talking tally.

acer1240

Reaction score
I get what the OP is saying. If you piss off an official it can come back and bite you in the ass weeks later. They remember.
Getting thrown out of a game is rare cannot even remember if a QB has. You make a good point though, that ref may have bias next time. Geno had every right to get pissed and much like Pete, he showed his pure passion for winning.

All of us watching were just as mad as Geno.

If an NFL ref tossed a qb it would be a huge deal. Brady has been screaming at refs for years now without getting thrown. They have a tough job but they are not doing it correctly.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I get what the OP is saying. If you piss off an official it can come back and bite you in the ass weeks later. They remember.

Then do your job correctly if you dont like it as an official
Players dont typically go off unless you blow the call egregiously
And again, do St Brady and St Rodgers get shade weeks later from ticked off refs?
Ive never seen it

Latest posts