Rumor: RW asking to be the highest paid player in history

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawkpower":146lbsve said:
ptisme":146lbsve said:

I'm not disagreeing with you when it comes to the eliteness of Rodgers. I love the way that Rodgers play. .

Then let me ask you this: Is Russel Wilson worthy of being paid what Rodgers is? Would Seattle's receivers have better numbers with 12 throwing them the ball? Does Wilson present as big of a challenge to the entire field as Rodgers such that you'd make him the highest paid player in the league?[/quote]

I know you arent asking me, but 99% of Seahawk fans know that Rodgers is in a class above RW.

Wilson is probably knocking at the door at the tier just below him, mostly because of his legs and moxie, but he doesnt threaten with his arm (yet) like Rodgers can.

That being said, I think Rodgers is a douche, but he is REALLY good :)[/quote]

No one here is saying that Rodgers isn't good, the thing is that we don't know what Wilson really wants. He can easily be the highest paid player if he did a 6 year 120 million, $20 million a year average. Wilson wants a long term deal, 4 years doesn't give him that wish of staying in Seattle long and maybe retiring here.

Would Rodgers make the WR for Seattle very good, yeah sure, but our offense is different than the Packers. Wilson isn't asked to throw 30+ times a game, and used the middle of the field as much as other teams. We don't know for sure. Also if you factor in our O-line who knows, Green Bay has a much better O-line to protect on passing plays.

Rodgers was injured in 2013 his O-line was ranked 24th, Seahawks were ranked 23rd at that time, Wilson is a duel threat that has been healthy even though he's been bombarded with a bad o-line. Every team that plays Wilson always have a spy put on him. If he's not dangerous than why even put a spy if they aren't worry about his ability.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rodgers is a whiny douche. It doesn't mean he doesn't also do good things - do you want a list of all the good stuff Hitler and Osama bin Laden did? No, Rodgers isn't like either of those guys, but you get the point. Doing good deeds doesn't mean bad ones or juvenile behavior doesn't happen.

Anthony!

Reaction score
ptisme":3uu0pf7e said:
Hawkpower":3uu0pf7e said:
ptisme":3uu0pf7e said:

I'm not disagreeing with you when it comes to the eliteness of Rodgers. I love the way that Rodgers play. .

Then let me ask you this: Is Russel Wilson worthy of being paid what Rodgers is? Would Seattle's recievers have better numbers with 12 throwing them the ball? Does Wilson present as big of a challenge to the entire field as Rodgers such that you'd make him the highest paid player in the league?

I know you arent asking me, but 99% of Seahawk fans know that Rodgers is in a class above RW.

Wilson is probably knocking at the door at the tier just below him, mostly because of his legs and moxie, but he doesnt threaten with his arm (yet) like Rodgers can.

We're in agreement on this 100 percent..... Wilson needs to be paid where he belongs: In that next tier.. You can't let the tail wag the dog...

BTW, Rodgers does a ton of really cool stuff with underprivileged kids, above an beyond... Good guy IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVnMB8LFgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJLjo6IFuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgVpnjev79Q

http://fox6now.com/2014/05/06/supportin ... e-tuesday/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUqm8E3Sj60[/quote]

The only problem is the next tier down, gets paid very close to what Rodgers gets paid now given his deal is several years old. Maybe he should get a new deal. FYI I like Rodgers so no issue with me. IF tis not Wilson it will be Luck or Cam one of them will get more than Rodgers.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":11tbutib said:
Hawkpower":11tbutib said:
ptisme":11tbutib said:

Then let me ask you this: Is Russel Wilson worthy of being paid what Rodgers is? Would Seattle's receivers have better numbers with 12 throwing them the ball? Does Wilson present as big of a challenge to the entire field as Rodgers such that you'd make him the highest paid player in the league?

No one here is saying that Rodgers isn't good, the thing is that we don't know what Wilson really wants. He can easily be the highest paid player if he did a 6 year 120 million, $20 million a year average. Wilson wants a long term deal, 4 years doesn't give him that wish of staying in Seattle long and maybe retiring here.

Would Rodgers make the WR for Seattle very good, yeah sure, but our offense is different than the Packers. Wilson isn't asked to throw 30+ times a game, and used the middle of the field as much as other teams. We don't know for sure. Also if you factor in our O-line who knows, Green Bay has a much better O-line to protect on passing plays.

Rodgers was injured in 2013 his O-line was ranked 24th, Seahawks were ranked 23rd at that time, Wilson is a duel threat that has been healthy even though he's been bombarded with a bad o-line. Every team that plays Wilson always have a spy put on him. If he's not dangerous than why even put a spy if they aren't worry about his ability.[/quote]

I agree I think the issue with the offer to Wilson is not dollars but length.

ptisme

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":v66pkc2c said:
Rodgers is a whiny douche. It doesn't mean he doesn't also do good things - do you want a list of all the good stuff Hitler and Osama bin Laden did? No, Rodgers isn't like either of those guys, but you get the point. Doing good deeds doesn't mean bad ones or juvenile behavior doesn't happen.

Like when he was laughing at your defense? Yeah that wasn't very nice of him....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Anthony!":2pt6ltg9 said:
Hawkpower":2pt6ltg9 said:
Anthony!":2pt6ltg9 said:
ptisme":2pt6ltg9 said:
Yeah, the jury is still out on our FO :roll:

I don't think the jury is still out on a FO that's been to back to back SB's and won one of them:)

Sorry the jury is still out when it comes to dealing with offensive FAs. They have done a great job of taking care of the defense, but out side of Lynch they have not had any other high caliber/franchise level talent to deal with till now, SO yes the jury is still out.

The FO's job is to put teams on the field that can get to a Super Bowl.

They have done that in back to back years.

To say the jury is out just because they havent signed your favorite player YET is beyond absurd.[/quote]

The jury is out on if they can keep the pieces that got us there together. This include son offense of which the jury is out. As has been pointed out they have never had to deal with this situation with a franchise QB. So the jury is still out. We will see.[/quote]

If you want to argue that the FO needs to prove they can keep an elite team together over a long haul, fine I guess.

That wasn't your original comment. You keep adding qualifiers, likely because you realized how ridiculous it sounded to type the words "jury is still out" on what is widely regarded one of the best FO's in football.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3625bvw1 said:
JimmyG":3625bvw1 said:
Shadowhawk":3625bvw1 said:
Or watch the second half of the 2012 Divisional Playoff Game in Atlanta. Or even the Hawks-Rams game in St. Louis last year. In both cases the defense was failing, the running game wasn't stepping up, so Wilson had to just cut loose and damn near won those games all by himself. (Were it not for a last-second defensive collapse in Atlanta and the second of two brutal special teams blunders in St. Louis, he would have.) If Wilson had the opportunity to just sling away more often, we wouldn't hear any of this "game manager" nonsense we've heard for the last couple of years.
When people call Wilson a game manager ("he's last in pass attempts"), the response is usually, "all the matters in the end is that he wins." When opponents score 24+ points, Seattle is 2-9. Even with Wilson balling out, we still lost both of the games you mentioned (sorry, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades). What does that tell us? I'm not sure, but it doesn't exactly scream "Wilson is the key to this team".

Wait so your saying in those 11 games our elite defense decided to let the other teams score more than 24 points and it's Russell's fault.

Wilson might of had his 3rd ring if this ELITE defense could close the deal in our last 2 playoff losses against the Falcons and Pats

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ptisme":3fdg5stt said:
RolandDeschain":3fdg5stt said:

Like when he was laughing at your defense? Yeah that wasn't very nice of him....

When was the last time Rodgers was laughing AFTER a game with the hawks?

I can recall lots of whining, not much laughing though.

So yeah, you are probably right, that may be contributing to his image :)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2p8v9czd said:
theincrediblesok":2p8v9czd said:
JimmyG":2p8v9czd said:
Shadowhawk":2p8v9czd said:
Or watch the second half of the 2012 Divisional Playoff Game in Atlanta. Or even the Hawks-Rams game in St. Louis last year. In both cases the defense was failing, the running game wasn't stepping up, so Wilson had to just cut loose and damn near won those games all by himself. (Were it not for a last-second defensive collapse in Atlanta and the second of two brutal special teams blunders in St. Louis, he would have.) If Wilson had the opportunity to just sling away more often, we wouldn't hear any of this "game manager" nonsense we've heard for the last couple of years.
When people call Wilson a game manager ("he's last in pass attempts"), the response is usually, "all the matters in the end is that he wins." When opponents score 24+ points, Seattle is 2-9. Even with Wilson balling out, we still lost both of the games you mentioned (sorry, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades). What does that tell us? I'm not sure, but it doesn't exactly scream "Wilson is the key to this team".

Wait so your saying in those 11 games our elite defense decided to let the other teams score more than 24 points and it's Russell's fault.

Wilson might of had his 3rd ring if this ELITE defense could close the deal in our last 2 playoff losses against the Falcons and Pats

Indeed.

Our league leading, historic defense is sure holding RW back.

;)

bandiger

Reaction score
Didn't like Wilson's recent tweet, its looking messy. Honestly they are playing a dangerous game when Cam and Luck get their contract.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ibin5t5 said:
theincrediblesok":1ibin5t5 said:
Remember when Golden Tate left on a lowball offered from the FO, and we sured missed him last year. Don't forget we couldn't keep Red or Clemons, and our pass rush took a dip. You let Wilson walk then it's going to be a bigger impact, game over Seattle.

lol at comparing Wilson's negotiations to Tate first of all.

The Tate loss was magnified by Percy being a failure.

The FO will not let Wilson walk or even remotely taste free agency. He won't even get to sniff it.
This guy gets it! ^

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
No they arent holding him back but their 4th quarter eliteness sure is average. I still dont trust this defense to hold a lead in the 4th quarter, ive seen too many comebacks on them....The Denver game just this year is another example and Wilson bailed them out, along with the superbowl

I dont know why there is so much whining about how much Wilson will get and should we keep him or let him go. You guys do realize Luck and Newton will most likely get paid more than Wilson next year right?

Also correct me if im wrong but im seeing Eli and Rivers contracts coming up too...you dont think either of them will get close to or more than Wilson?

There are teams that have a lot tied up in the WR position as well which we will probably never do.. The lions have tied up 14% last year and almost 20% of their cap this upcoming year on the position. We are at 6% of our cap this year. Heck, Calvin BY HIMSELF takes up more cap than ALL of our WRs and TEs combined

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ptisme":ws8ho10f said:
I was more referring to the whining he did in the media and Wisconsin radio for MONTHS after the Fail Mary game. I actually liked Rodgers before that.

Or, you know, firing the gun and blowing the barrel after scrambling for a few yards in the Fail Mary game, for example. Like I said, he's a douche.

rodgers_gun.bmp

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2fo4xv5r said:
ptisme":2fo4xv5r said:
I was more referring to the whining he did in the media and Wisconsin radio for MONTHS after the Fail Mary game. I actually liked Rodgers before that.

Or, you know, firing the gun and blowing the barrel after scrambling for a few yards in the Fail Mary game, for example. Like I said, he's a douche.

I know this is off topic but sadly that is me with our own Baldwin now after his pathetic tacky TD celebration during the Super Bowl with all his non stop whining about the receivers being pedestrian for the last 2 seasons.

You all may now return to the lovely Wilson chatter that is mostly a regurgitation of a couple prior Wilson threads. that I am sure will be once again re-posted in the next Wilson thread.
:sarcasm_off:

Anthony!

Reaction score
ptisme":2agds10f said:
RolandDeschain":2agds10f said:

Remind me who won oh yeah not him

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":32zsbmuj said:
Anthony!":32zsbmuj said:
Hawkpower":32zsbmuj said:
Anthony!":32zsbmuj said:
I don't think the jury is still out on a FO that's been to back to back SB's and won one of them:)

Sorry the jury is still out when it comes to dealing with offensive FAs. They have done a great job of taking care of the defense, but out side of Lynch they have not had any other high caliber/franchise level talent to deal with till now, SO yes the jury is still out.

To say the jury is out just because they havent signed your favorite player YET is beyond absurd.

The jury is out on if they can keep the pieces that got us there together. This include son offense of which the jury is out. As has been pointed out they have never had to deal with this situation with a franchise QB. So the jury is still out. We will see.

If you want to argue that the FO needs to prove they can keep an elite team together over a long haul, fine I guess.

That wasn't your original comment. You keep adding qualifiers, likely because you realized how ridiculous it sounded to type the words "jury is still out" on what is widely regarded one of the best FO's in football.[/quote]

NO my original statement was the jury is still out on the FO. I never put an qualifiers on it, or parameters. So there is no changing or adding just clarifying since you needed it. You kept saying the jury was not out on them because we went to 2 SBs. I kept making it clear the jury6 is out till we see what happens with Wilson. Now lets see we are an Elite team and Wilson is on it, so therefore the jury is out on them keeping it. Not my fault you could not put 2 and 2 together.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3d68xorw said:
WilsonMVP":3d68xorw said:
theincrediblesok":3d68xorw said:
JimmyG":3d68xorw said:

Indeed.

;)

No not holding him back but they have contributed to some losses that should not have been.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

To say the jury is out just because they havent signed your favorite player YET is beyond absurd.[/quote]

The jury is out on if they can keep the pieces that got us there together. This include son offense of which the jury is out. As has been pointed out they have never had to deal with this situation with a franchise QB. So the jury is still out. We will see.[/quote]

That wasn't your original comment. You keep adding qualifiers, likely because you realized how ridiculous it sounded to type the words "jury is still out" on what is widely regarded one of the best FO's in football.[/quote]

NO my original statement was the jury is still out on the FO. I never put an qualifiers on it, or parameters. So there is no changing or adding just clarifying since you needed it. You kept saying the jury was not out on them because we went to 2 SBs. I kept making it clear the jury6 is out till we see what happens with Wilson. Now lets see we are an Elite team and Wilson is on it, so therefore the jury is out on them keeping it. Not my fault you could not put 2 and 2 together.[/quote]

And your original statement was wrong.

Our FO is considered one of the best in the league, so no the jury is not out on it.

When you realized how ridiculous that sounded, THEN you added qualifiers, like "well the jury is out on their ability to keep an elite offensive player not named Marshawn Lynch when the wind is blowing 15 mph or more from the east and Pete is wearing green!!........:)

A much simpler solution would have been to type "my bad, I typed something ludicrous" 15 posts ago, but you can continue if you like!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Wilson might of had his 3rd ring if this ELITE defense could close the deal in our last 2 playoff losses against the Falcons and Pats[/quote]

Indeed.

;)[/quote][/quote]

No not holding him back but they have contributed to some losses that should not have been.[/quote]

And our offense, including our QB, have contributed to some losses that should not have been.

We have the best defense in the league, seriously. When the RW worship causes one to spit angrily at the Front office, Marshawn and now a historic defense, it may be time take a step back..... 8)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wow this thread took a turn...where did the GB troll come from??