Rumor: RW asking to be the highest paid player in history

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rob12":33x0ap10 said:
And just so I'm clear, I'm not questioning your Seahawks fandom, but am just a bit perplexed at the stance you continually take with our defense when you basically insinuate that they handed the Lombardi to Brady and the Pats when that's simply not the case at all.

Edit:

A few posts up you said "You(r) historic defense." So I'm confused - RW fan or Seahawks fan? Not sure why that statement wouldn't say, "OUR historic defense."

Again, no disrespect intended.

Dude I can be both and am.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":xblxm4su said:
Anthony!":xblxm4su said:
chris98251":xblxm4su said:
Just to play the devil here.

This is what have you done for me lately league. What was Russell's last pass, he is a 3rd round pick that made good and could be argued the system he is in makes his percentage elevated because it dictates safe plays, his yardage and attempts isn't up where the elite QB's are. He is supported by the best back in the league, he has the best defense in the league so isn't asked to carry a team. He has fundamental flaws in his game and needs to see the field better and hit his secondary receivers and learn to throw them open.

What have you done for me lately well you historic defense gave up a 10 point lead with under 10 minutes in the game. HMM As to the rest of your post well its wrong.

Oh mighty Oracle , what is wrong with the rest of the post, prove to me he can gun sling it and carry a team and lead in yardage,completions, for a whole season. Prove to me he knows how to throw guys open, find his secondary and backside receivers regulary. Prove to me that Pete allows him to audible out of a bad play selection such as the last play of the Super Bowl where he threw a interception, prove to me that having Lynch in the backfield doesn't make teams hesitate and contain him versus all out blitz's which Russell needs to learn to make teams pay for consistently.

3 yrs in the league, average career is 4 for a NFL player, he's a senior citizen by NFL standards for his draft position. The training session is over, he needs to step up to the refined level of QB now.

Dude you are speaking out of both side of your mouth. as to the rest of your post sorry its garbage avg NFL played maybe 4 years but eh avg NFL QB is way way longer.

Anthony!

Reaction score
lukerguy":3i3f2pdo said:
Just a quick summary for everyone on where we're at:

Reports are RW camp want 5 years $100MM
Reports are Seahawks Camp want 5 years $80MM

When looking at the figures, you can't look at the current contract. It is ALL about NEW money APY!

Aaron Rodgers got $22 APY in new money. He sets the benchmark as he is far and away the best QB in the league. Ben got 21.8 APY.

Let's be frank about something. There is NO way the club loses RW within the next 3 years. A club isn't going to jump at giving a player a 5 year contract for $25MM APY when they can control him with the franchise tag for 3 years at $16MM.

The Seahawks are basically willing to give the kid $20MM per year in new money- 4x$20MM= $80MM but we still get to keep the current year contract. Even if they were to "give" and make RW the highest paid player at $22.1 APY they would land on 5 years for $88.4MM, Russell Wilson's Camp reportedly wants him to earn $100MM which is $25 APY in new money which is about 2.5MM more per year than Rodgers makes.

You can see why this has come to where it has... The Seahawks have the leverage based on the fact that they can let him play out his rookie contract, then tag him for two more year and only pay him an Average APY of $16MM. That is $48MM over 3 years if we use the franchise tag versus what Wilson reportedly wants which is $75MM over 3 years (25MM in new APY money). You can see why the Seahawks are in no rush to agree to those terms. That's nearly $27MM difference over just a 3 year period to get another 2 years out of him WHILE still paying the $25MM base the next two seasons.

It sounds like Russell isn't going to be happy short of being the highest paid player in the NFL, which let's be honest he's not. He's excellent. He's Elite. But he's not even close to Aaron Rodgers...not by a bit.

From an objective viewpoint, this is how I think the contract should be structured. Pay him $21.8MM per year in APY- just below Rodgers for 4 years, with the 5th year being built in for a total of just under $88MM for 5 years.

Everyone thinks Russell has the leverage, but he really doesn't. The Seahawks do by far with the trump card called the Franchise tag.

My guess is Russell plays out this year at $750K and they would no longer have the figure to disagree about thus making him the highest paid player would be fine. I'll pay him 5 years $100MM AFTER this season, but to do that and rip up the current contract doesn't make sense.

Report: SEA unwilling to give Wilson $20M-plus
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports it's "highly unlikely" the Seahawks will extend contract-year QB Russell Wilson's deal this year.
Wilson is said to be seeking in excess of $20 million annually on a five-year extension. Per Cole, the Seahawks "have no desire to get anywhere close to that" and are willing to let him play out the final year of his rookie contract and then use the franchise tag back-to-back years through 2017. That would net Wilson around $45-48 million over the next three years. Recent reports have suggested the two sides are "10s of millions" apart in contract talks. Cole's report seconds that.

This is as expected because Russell essentially wants the Seahawks to tear up the old contract and not even consider the ELC. Seahawks could make Russell the Highest paid QB in the NFL at $22.1 MM per year and the contract would still come out as less than $20MM per year because of the $20MM in the report above.

wow I think your numbers are off. Wilson wants a 5 years ext at 100 mil or 20 mil a year, Then you add in his current year which is 1 mil that makes it 6 years at 101 mil or 16.8 mil. What this breaks down to is years and FYI the Hawks do not want to pay him 20 mil a year. You are thinking ripping u p his current deal but you said and what was said on line was extension. That means the current seal stays and you add to it, NOT redo it. "Wilson is said to be seeking in excess of $20 million annually on a five-year extension" Extension not redo so it would be 6 years 101 mil or 16.8 per year. not 22-25

Anthony!

Reaction score
lukerguy":3mb7aoqi said:
Anthony!":3mb7aoqi said:
well first it appears Wilson is looking for 20 mil a year for 5 and the Hawks do not want to come close to that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2465 ... e-seahawks

So more fuel for the fire

Read my edit in the bottom. Seahawks are willing to pay Wilson MORE than $20MM per year in new money, but not willing to rip that last year for nothing. Like I said, they could pay him more than Rodgers makes ($22.1) and the total APY on a 5 year deal would be less than $20MM because of 2015-2016 contract.

Read were it says extension not redo

"Wilson is said to be seeking in excess of $20 million annually on a five-year extension"

chris98251

Reaction score
Dude you are speaking out of both side of your mouth. as to the rest of your post sorry its garbage avg NFL played maybe 4 years but eh avg NFL QB is way way longer.

So QB's are not NFL players? So 3rd Round picks don't count as far as lower averages of being in the league?

As far as the rest of the post, since it can't be argued and proved it must be garbage right, you choose what you want to grandstand on and everything else doesn't count, play by these rules or I take my dice and go home?

You can say I am speaking out both sides of my mouth if you want, but mabye your talking out of a lower orafice?

Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":i6nu3my4 said:
chris98251":i6nu3my4 said:
Anthony!":i6nu3my4 said:
chris98251":i6nu3my4 said:
Just to play the devil here.

This is what have you done for me lately league. What was Russell's last pass, he is a 3rd round pick that made good and could be argued the system he is in makes his percentage elevated because it dictates safe plays, his yardage and attempts isn't up where the elite QB's are. He is supported by the best back in the league, he has the best defense in the league so isn't asked to carry a team. He has fundamental flaws in his game and needs to see the field better and hit his secondary receivers and learn to throw them open.

What have you done for me lately well you historic defense gave up a 10 point lead with under 10 minutes in the game. HMM As to the rest of your post well its wrong.

Oh mighty Oracle , what is wrong with the rest of the post, prove to me he can gun sling it and carry a team and lead in yardage,completions, for a whole season. Prove to me he knows how to throw guys open, find his secondary and backside receivers regulary. Prove to me that Pete allows him to audible out of a bad play selection such as the last play of the Super Bowl where he threw a interception, prove to me that having Lynch in the backfield doesn't make teams hesitate and contain him versus all out blitz's which Russell needs to learn to make teams pay for consistently.

3 yrs in the league, average career is 4 for a NFL player, he's a senior citizen by NFL standards for his draft position. The training session is over, he needs to step up to the refined level of QB now.

Well if you want to get technical and if you use the numbers by the NFLPA then for quarterbacks it is
11.7 years for a player with at least one pro bowl selection/appearance
9.3 years for first round draft picks
4.87 years for kickers and punters
4.44 years for quarterbacks
3.3 years for the average football player

yeah that 4.4 years is way way longer.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/...areer-length-in-the-national-football-league/

THE NFL has higher numbers on avg overall because they only include rookies that start their careers on the 53 man roster.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":1q0ydtxk said:

So QB's are not NFL players? So 3rd Round picks don't count as far as lower averages of being in the league?

As far as the rest of the post, since it can't be argued and proved it must be garbage right, you choose what you want to grandstand on and everything else doesn't count, play by these rules or I take my dice and go home?

You can say I am speaking out both sides of my mouth if you want, but mabye your talking out of a lower orafice?

dude do not try to play stupid word games with me. QBs life span in the NFL is way more than 4 year and you know, that is why you post was garbage you made an all inclusive statement about FB players that you know is not true.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
What happens first.. Russell Wilson signs his extension, or his restraining order against Anthony!

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":te7s7xje said:
chris98251":te7s7xje said:

dude do not try to play stupid word games with me. QBs life span in the NFL is way more than 4 year and you know, that is why you post was garbage you made an all inclusive statement about FB players that you know is not true.

Stealing this text and someone elses work but :

Looks pretty true to me?

Taking out your own trash now?

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cmvl0133 said:
What happens first.. Russell Wilson signs his extension, or his restraining order against Anthony!

I about spit tea over my keyboard reading that. :th2thumbs:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":2acedhpb said:
Anthony!":2acedhpb said:
chris98251":2acedhpb said:
Anthony!":2acedhpb said:

Well if you want to get technical and if you use the numbers by the NFLPA then for quarterbacks it is

yeah that 4.4 years is way way longer.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/...areer-length-in-the-national-football-league/

THE NFL has higher numbers on avg overall because they only include rookies that start their careers on the 53 man roster.

Only problem is that is QBs as a whole not just starting. All you need to do is look at the current QBs Brees, Manning, Manning, Roth, Brady, and I Can go on and on they have all been around way more than 4 years.

Lets look at the top 15 in no order
Brees-14+
Roths-10+
Luck-3+(drafted 2012)
p Manning-16+
Ryan-6+
E Manning- 10+
Rodgers- 9+
Rivers-10+
Stafford-5+
Brady-14+
Tannehill-3+(Drafted 2012)
Flacco-6+
Cutler-8+
Romo-10+
Wilson-3+(drafted 2012)

So just amongst the top 15 QBs the only ones with less than 5 were just drafted 3 years ago. I can go on if you want but I think I have made my point.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":1jmn9k0h said:
Anthony!":1jmn9k0h said:
chris98251":1jmn9k0h said:

Stealing this text and someone elses work but :

Looks pretty true to me?

Taking out your own trash now?

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name

Already posted to make this post look bad so read it

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27hm9brb said:

LOL!!!

Although I get the impression that Anthony!! is a young teenager probably so that may be a logical explanation for what we see here.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1lxvskmg said:

Only looks bad when one cherry picks. First it was quarterbacks in general and their length of service in the NFL. When the data is pointed out to you then you gotta change it in a way so that once again you appear correct all along. Give me a break this is getting old.

grizbob

Reaction score
Hawkpower":qsokli97 said:
Hasselbeck":qsokli97 said:

LOL!!!

Although I get the impression that Anthony!! is a young teenager probably so that may be a logical explanation for what we see here.

Doe snot :stirthepot:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":2vbnr8f2 said:
Anthony!":2vbnr8f2 said:

Only looks bad when one cherry picks. First it was quarterbacks in general and their length of service in the NFL. When the data is pointed out to you then you gotta change it in a way so that once again you appear correct all along. Give me a break this is getting old.

NO that was what he said not me and to include all QBs is cherry picking as how many come in to the NFL do not make it and leave. I agree it is getting old, however you telling the wrong person.

chris98251

Reaction score
Quarterbacks
Year No. Round Pick Player Name Team College
2015 1 1 1 1 Jameis Winston Buccaneers Florida State
2 1 2 2 Marcus Mariota Titans Oregon
3 3 11 75 Garrett Grayson Saints Colorado State
4 3 25 89 Sean Mannion Rams Oregon State
5 4 4 103 Bryce Petty Jets Baylor
6 5 11 147 Brett Hundley Packers UCLA
7 7 33 250 Trevor Siemian Broncos Northwestern
2014 1 1 3 3 Blake Bortles Jaguars Central Florida
2 1 22 22 Johnny Manziel Browns Texas A&M
3 1 32 32 Teddy Bridgewater Vikings Louisville
4 2 4 36 Derek Carr Raiders Fresno State
5 2 30 62 Jimmy Garoppolo Patriots Eastern Illinois
6 4 20 120 Logan Thomas Cardinals Virginia Tech
7 4 35 135 Tom Savage Texans Pittsburgh
8 5 23 163 Aaron Murray Chiefs Georgia
9 5 24 164 AJ McCarron Bengals Alabama
10 6 2 178 Zach Mettenberger Titans Louisiana State
11 6 7 183 David Fales Bears San Jose State
12 6 18 194 Keith Wenning Ravens Ball State
13 6 37 213 Tajh Boyd Jets Clemson
14 6 38 214 Garrett Gilbert Rams Southern Methodist
2013 1 1 16 16 E.J. Manuel Bills Florida State
2 2 7 39 Geno Smith Jets West Virginia
3 3 11 73 Mike Glennon Buccaneers North Carolina State
4 4 1 98 Matt Barkley Eagles USC
5 4 13 110 Ryan Nassib Giants Syracuse
6 4 15 112 Tyler Wilson Raiders Arkansas
7 4 18 115 Landry Jones Steelers Oklahoma
8 7 15 221 Brad Sorensen Chargers Southern Utah
9 7 28 234 Zac Dysert Broncos Miami (OH)
10 7 31 237 B.J. Daniels 49ers South Florida
11 7 43 249 Sean Renfree Falcons Duke
2012 1 1 1 1 Andrew Luck Colts Stanford
2 1 2 2 Robert Griffin III Redskins Baylor
3 1 8 8 Ryan Tannehill Dolphins Texas A&M
4 1 22 22 Brandon Weeden Browns Oklahoma State
5 2 25 57 Brock Osweiler Broncos Arizona State
6 3 12 75 Russell Wilson Seahawks Wisconsin
7 3 25 88 Nick Foles Eagles Arizona
8 4 7 102 Kirk Cousins Redskins Michigan State
9 6 15 185 Ryan Lindley Cardinals San Diego State
10 7 36 243 B.J. Coleman Packers Tennessee-Chattanooga
11 7 46 253 Chandler Harnish Colts Northern Illinois
2011s 1 3 0 0 Terrelle Pryor Raiders Ohio State
2011 1 1 1 1 Cam Newton Panthers Auburn
2 1 8 8 Jake Locker Titans Washington
3 1 10 10 Blaine Gabbert Jaguars Missouri
4 1 12 12 Christian Ponder Vikings Florida State
5 2 3 35 Andy Dalton Bengals Texas Christian
6 2 4 36 Colin Kaepernick 49ers Nevada
7 3 10 74 Ryan Mallett Patriots Arkansas
8 5 4 135 Ricky Stanzi Chiefs Iowa
9 5 21 152 T.J. Yates Texans North Carolina
10 5 29 160 Nathan Enderle Bears Idaho
11 6 15 180 Tyrod Taylor Ravens Virginia Tech
12 7 5 208 Greg McElroy Jets Alabama
2010 1 1 1 1 Sam Bradford Rams Oklahoma
2 1 25 25 Tim Tebow Broncos Florida
3 2 16 48 Jimmy Clausen Panthers Notre Dame
4 3 21 85 Colt McCoy Browns Texas
5 4 24 122 Mike Kafka Eagles Northwestern
6 5 24 155 John Skelton Cardinals Fordham
7 5 37 168 Jonathan Crompton Chargers Tennessee
8 6 7 176 Rusty Smith Titans Florida Atlantic
9 6 12 181 Dan LeFevour Bears Central Michigan
10 6 30 199 Joe Webb Vikings Alabama-Birmingham
11 6 35 204 Tony Pike Panthers Cincinnati
12 7 2 209 Levi Brown Bills Troy
13 7 32 239 Sean Canfield Saints Oregon State
14 7 43 250 Zac Robinson Patriots Oklahoma State
2009 1 1 1 1 Matthew Stafford Lions Georgia
2 1 5 5 Mark Sanchez Jets USC
3 1 17 17 Josh Freeman Buccaneers Kansas State
4 2 12 44 Pat White Dolphins West Virginia
5 4 1 101 Stephen McGee Cowboys Texas A&M
6 5 15 151 Rhett Bomar Giants Sam Houston State
7 5 35 171 Nate Davis 49ers Ball State
8 6 1 174 Tom Brandstater Broncos Fresno State
9 6 5 178 Mike Teel Seahawks Rutgers
10 6 23 196 Keith Null Rams West Texas A&M
11 6 28 201 Curtis Painter Colts Purdue
12 7 23 232 Julian Edelman Patriots Kent State
2008 1 1 3 3 Matt Ryan Falcons Boston College
2 1 18 18 Joe Flacco Ravens Delaware
3 2 25 56 Brian Brohm Packers Louisville
4 2 26 57 Chad Henne Dolphins Michigan
5 3 31 94 Kevin O'Connell Patriots San Diego State
6 5 2 137 John David Booty Vikings USC
7 5 21 156 Dennis Dixon Steelers Oregon
8 5 25 160 Josh Johnson Buccaneers San Diego
9 5 27 162 Erik Ainge Jets Tennessee
10 6 20 186 Colt Brennan Redskins Hawaii
11 6 32 198 Andre' Woodson Giants Kentucky
12 7 2 209 Matt Flynn Packers Louisiana State
13 7 16 223 Alex Brink Texans Washington State
2007 1 1 1 1 JaMarcus Russell Raiders Louisiana State
2 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Browns Notre Dame
3 2 4 36 Kevin Kolb Eagles Houston
4 2 8 40 John Beck Dolphins Brigham Young
5 2 11 43 Drew Stanton Lions Michigan State
6 3 29 92 Trent Edwards Bills Stanford
7 4 4 103 Isaiah Stanback Cowboys Washington
8 5 14 151 Jeff Rowe Bengals Nevada
9 5 37 174 Troy Smith Ravens Ohio State
10 6 31 205 Jordan Palmer Redskins Texas-El Paso
11 7 7 217 Tyler Thigpen Vikings Coastal Carolina
2006 1 1 3 3 Vince Young Titans Texas
2 1 10 10 Matt Leinart Cardinals USC
3 1 11 11 Jay Cutler Broncos Vanderbilt
4 2 17 49 Kellen Clemens Jets Oregon
5 2 32 64 Tarvaris Jackson Vikings Alabama State
6 3 17 81 Charlie Whitehurst Chargers Clemson
7 3 21 85 Brodie Croyle Chiefs Alabama
8 5 15 148 Ingle Martin Packers Furman
9 5 32 164 Omar Jacobs Steelers Bowling Green
10 6 24 193 Reggie McNeal Bengals Texas A&M
11 6 25 194 Bruce Gradkowski Buccaneers Toledo
12 7 15 223 D.J. Shockley Falcons Georgia
2005 1 1 1 1 Alex Smith 49ers Utah
2 1 24 24 Aaron Rodgers Packers California
3 1 25 25 Jason Campbell Redskins Auburn
4 3 3 67 Charlie Frye Browns Akron
5 3 5 69 Andrew Walter Raiders Arizona State
6 3 21 85 David Greene Seahawks Georgia
7 4 5 106 Kyle Orton Bears Purdue
8 4 20 121 Stefan Lefors Panthers Louisville
9 5 9 145 Dan Orlovsky Lions Connecticut
10 5 16 152 Adrian McPherson Saints Florida State
11 6 39 213 Derek Anderson Ravens Oregon State
12 7 15 229 James Kilian Chiefs Tulsa
13 7 16 230 Matt Cassel Patriots USC
14 7 36 250 Ryan Fitzpatrick Rams Harvard
2004 1 1 1 1 Eli Manning Chargers Mississippi
2 1 4 4 Philip Rivers Giants North Carolina State
3 1 11 11 Ben Roethlisberger Steelers Miami (OH)
4 1 22 22 J.P. Losman Bills Tulane
5 3 27 90 Matt Schaub Falcons Virginia
6 4 10 106 Luke McCown Browns Louisiana Tech
7 5 16 148 Craig Krenzel Bears Ohio State
8 6 20 185 Andy Hall Eagles Delaware
9 6 22 187 Josh Harris Ravens Bowling Green
10 6 28 193 Jim Sorgi Colts Wisconsin
11 6 36 201 Jeff Smoker Rams Michigan State
12 7 1 202 John Navarre Cardinals Michigan
13 7 16 217 Cody Pickett 49ers Washington
14 7 17 218 Casey Bramlet Bengals Wyoming
15 7 24 225 Matt Mauck Broncos Louisiana State
16 7 47 248 B.J. Symons Texans Texas Tech
17 7 49 250 Bradlee Van Pelt Broncos Colorado State
2003 1 1 1 1 Carson Palmer Bengals USC
2 1 7 7 Byron Leftwich Jaguars Marshall
3 1 19 19 Kyle Boller Ravens California
4 1 22 22 Rex Grossman Bears Florida
5 3 24 88 Dave Ragone Texans Louisville
6 3 33 97 Chris Simms Buccaneers Texas
7 4 13 110 Seneca Wallace Seahawks Iowa State
8 5 28 163 Brian St. Pierre Steelers Boston College
9 6 19 192 Drew Henson Texans Michigan
10 6 27 200 Brooks Bollinger Jets Wisconsin
11 6 28 201 Kliff Kingsbury Patriots Texas Tech
12 7 18 232 Gibran Hamdan Redskins Indiana
13 7 27 241 Ken Dorsey 49ers Miami (FL)
2002 1 1 1 1 David Carr Texans Fresno State
2 1 3 3 Joey Harrington Lions Oregon
3 1 32 32 Patrick Ramsey Redskins Tulane
4 3 16 81 Josh McCown Cardinals Sam Houston State
5 4 10 108 David Garrard Jaguars East Carolina
6 4 19 117 Rohan Davey Patriots Louisiana State
7 5 2 137 Randy Fasani Panthers Stanford
8 5 23 158 Kurt Kittner Falcons Illinois
9 5 28 163 Brandon Doman 49ers Brigham Young
10 5 29 164 Craig Nall Packers Northwestern State (LA)
11 6 14 186 J.T. O'Sullivan Saints California-Davis
12 6 33 205 Steve Bellisari Rams Ohio State
13 7 5 216 Seth Burford Chargers Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
14 7 21 232 Jeff Kelly Seahawks Southern Mississippi
15 7 24 235 Ronald Curry Raiders North Carolina
16 7 25 236 Wes Pate Ravens Stephen F. Austin
2001 1 1 1 1 Michael Vick Falcons Virginia Tech
2 2 1 32 Drew Brees Chargers Purdue
3 2 22 53 Quincy Carter Cowboys Georgia
4 2 28 59 Marques Tuiasosopo Raiders Washington
5 4 11 106 Chris Weinke Panthers Florida State
6 4 14 109 Sage Rosenfels Redskins Iowa State
7 4 30 125 Jesse Palmer Giants Florida
8 5 18 149 Mike McMahon Lions Rutgers
9 5 24 155 A.J. Feeley Eagles Oregon
10 6 9 172 Josh Booty Seahawks Louisiana State
11 6 14 177 Josh Heupel Dolphins Oklahoma
2000 1 1 18 18 Chad Pennington Jets Marshall
2 3 3 65 Giovanni Carmazzi 49ers Hofstra
3 3 13 75 Chris Redman Ravens Louisville
4 5 34 163 Tee Martin Steelers Tennessee
5 6 2 168 Marc Bulger Saints West Virginia
6 6 17 183 Spergon Wynn Browns Southwest Texas State
7 6 33 199 Tom Brady Patriots Michigan
8 6 36 202 Todd Husak Redskins Stanford
9 6 39 205 JaJuan Seider Chargers Florida A&M
10 7 6 212 Tim Rattay 49ers Louisiana Tech
11 7 8 214 Jarious Jackson Broncos Notre Dame
12 7 28 234 Joe Hamilton Buccaneers Georgia Tech
1999 1 1 1 1 Tim Couch Browns Kentucky
2 1 2 2 Donovan McNabb Eagles Syracuse
3 1 3 3 Akili Smith Bengals Oregon
4 1 11 11 Daunte Culpepper Vikings Central Florida
5 1 12 12 Cade McNown Bears UCLA
6 2 19 50 Shaun King Buccaneers Tulane
7 3 16 77 Brock Huard Seahawks Washington
8 4 6 101 Joe Germaine Rams Ohio State
9 4 36 131 Aaron Brooks Packers Virginia
10 5 18 151 Kevin Daft Oilers California-Davis
11 7 21 227 Michael Bishop Patriots Kansas State
12 7 33 239 Chris Greisen Cardinals Northwest Missouri State
13 7 39 245 Scott Covington Bengals Miami (FL)
1998 1 1 1 1 Peyton Manning Colts Tennessee
2 1 2 2 Ryan Leaf Chargers Washington State
3 2 30 60 Charlie Batch Lions Eastern Michigan
4 3 25 86 Jonathan Quinn Jaguars Middle Tennessee State
5 3 30 91 Brian Griese Broncos Michigan
6 6 19 172 John Dutton Dolphins Nevada
7 6 34 187 Matt Hasselbeck Packers Boston College
8 7 43 232 Moses Moreno Bears Colorado State

Ok these are QB's drafted since Peyton Manning whom you had on your list, haow many are still around, going back I am in awe of all the household names on this list, teams are stocked with QB's. QB's really really have long careers :)

I wonder how they stash all these players since they have such long careers.

But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":20y51bb0 said:
Quarterbacks
Year No. Round Pick Player Name Team College
2015 1 1 1 1 Jameis Winston Buccaneers Florida State
2 1 2 2 Marcus Mariota Titans Oregon
3 3 11 75 Garrett Grayson Saints Colorado State
4 3 25 89 Sean Mannion Rams Oregon State
5 4 4 103 Bryce Petty Jets Baylor
6 5 11 147 Brett Hundley Packers UCLA
7 7 33 250 Trevor Siemian Broncos Northwestern
2014 1 1 3 3 Blake Bortles Jaguars Central Florida
2 1 22 22 Johnny Manziel Browns Texas A&M
3 1 32 32 Teddy Bridgewater Vikings Louisville
4 2 4 36 Derek Carr Raiders Fresno State
5 2 30 62 Jimmy Garoppolo Patriots Eastern Illinois
6 4 20 120 Logan Thomas Cardinals Virginia Tech
7 4 35 135 Tom Savage Texans Pittsburgh
8 5 23 163 Aaron Murray Chiefs Georgia
9 5 24 164 AJ McCarron Bengals Alabama
10 6 2 178 Zach Mettenberger Titans Louisiana State
11 6 7 183 David Fales Bears San Jose State
12 6 18 194 Keith Wenning Ravens Ball State
13 6 37 213 Tajh Boyd Jets Clemson
14 6 38 214 Garrett Gilbert Rams Southern Methodist
2013 1 1 16 16 E.J. Manuel Bills Florida State
2 2 7 39 Geno Smith Jets West Virginia
3 3 11 73 Mike Glennon Buccaneers North Carolina State
4 4 1 98 Matt Barkley Eagles USC
5 4 13 110 Ryan Nassib Giants Syracuse
6 4 15 112 Tyler Wilson Raiders Arkansas
7 4 18 115 Landry Jones Steelers Oklahoma
8 7 15 221 Brad Sorensen Chargers Southern Utah
9 7 28 234 Zac Dysert Broncos Miami (OH)
10 7 31 237 B.J. Daniels 49ers South Florida
11 7 43 249 Sean Renfree Falcons Duke
2012 1 1 1 1 Andrew Luck Colts Stanford
2 1 2 2 Robert Griffin III Redskins Baylor
3 1 8 8 Ryan Tannehill Dolphins Texas A&M
4 1 22 22 Brandon Weeden Browns Oklahoma State
5 2 25 57 Brock Osweiler Broncos Arizona State
6 3 12 75 Russell Wilson Seahawks Wisconsin
7 3 25 88 Nick Foles Eagles Arizona
8 4 7 102 Kirk Cousins Redskins Michigan State
9 6 15 185 Ryan Lindley Cardinals San Diego State
10 7 36 243 B.J. Coleman Packers Tennessee-Chattanooga
11 7 46 253 Chandler Harnish Colts Northern Illinois
2011s 1 3 0 0 Terrelle Pryor Raiders Ohio State
2011 1 1 1 1 Cam Newton Panthers Auburn
2 1 8 8 Jake Locker Titans Washington
3 1 10 10 Blaine Gabbert Jaguars Missouri
4 1 12 12 Christian Ponder Vikings Florida State
5 2 3 35 Andy Dalton Bengals Texas Christian
6 2 4 36 Colin Kaepernick 49ers Nevada
7 3 10 74 Ryan Mallett Patriots Arkansas
8 5 4 135 Ricky Stanzi Chiefs Iowa
9 5 21 152 T.J. Yates Texans North Carolina
10 5 29 160 Nathan Enderle Bears Idaho
11 6 15 180 Tyrod Taylor Ravens Virginia Tech
12 7 5 208 Greg McElroy Jets Alabama
2010 1 1 1 1 Sam Bradford Rams Oklahoma
2 1 25 25 Tim Tebow Broncos Florida
3 2 16 48 Jimmy Clausen Panthers Notre Dame
4 3 21 85 Colt McCoy Browns Texas
5 4 24 122 Mike Kafka Eagles Northwestern
6 5 24 155 John Skelton Cardinals Fordham
7 5 37 168 Jonathan Crompton Chargers Tennessee
8 6 7 176 Rusty Smith Titans Florida Atlantic
9 6 12 181 Dan LeFevour Bears Central Michigan
10 6 30 199 Joe Webb Vikings Alabama-Birmingham
11 6 35 204 Tony Pike Panthers Cincinnati
12 7 2 209 Levi Brown Bills Troy
13 7 32 239 Sean Canfield Saints Oregon State
14 7 43 250 Zac Robinson Patriots Oklahoma State
2009 1 1 1 1 Matthew Stafford Lions Georgia
2 1 5 5 Mark Sanchez Jets USC
3 1 17 17 Josh Freeman Buccaneers Kansas State
4 2 12 44 Pat White Dolphins West Virginia
5 4 1 101 Stephen McGee Cowboys Texas A&M
6 5 15 151 Rhett Bomar Giants Sam Houston State
7 5 35 171 Nate Davis 49ers Ball State
8 6 1 174 Tom Brandstater Broncos Fresno State
9 6 5 178 Mike Teel Seahawks Rutgers
10 6 23 196 Keith Null Rams West Texas A&M
11 6 28 201 Curtis Painter Colts Purdue
12 7 23 232 Julian Edelman Patriots Kent State
2008 1 1 3 3 Matt Ryan Falcons Boston College
2 1 18 18 Joe Flacco Ravens Delaware
3 2 25 56 Brian Brohm Packers Louisville
4 2 26 57 Chad Henne Dolphins Michigan
5 3 31 94 Kevin O'Connell Patriots San Diego State
6 5 2 137 John David Booty Vikings USC
7 5 21 156 Dennis Dixon Steelers Oregon
8 5 25 160 Josh Johnson Buccaneers San Diego
9 5 27 162 Erik Ainge Jets Tennessee
10 6 20 186 Colt Brennan Redskins Hawaii
11 6 32 198 Andre' Woodson Giants Kentucky
12 7 2 209 Matt Flynn Packers Louisiana State
13 7 16 223 Alex Brink Texans Washington State
2007 1 1 1 1 JaMarcus Russell Raiders Louisiana State
2 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Browns Notre Dame
3 2 4 36 Kevin Kolb Eagles Houston
4 2 8 40 John Beck Dolphins Brigham Young
5 2 11 43 Drew Stanton Lions Michigan State
6 3 29 92 Trent Edwards Bills Stanford
7 4 4 103 Isaiah Stanback Cowboys Washington
8 5 14 151 Jeff Rowe Bengals Nevada
9 5 37 174 Troy Smith Ravens Ohio State
10 6 31 205 Jordan Palmer Redskins Texas-El Paso
11 7 7 217 Tyler Thigpen Vikings Coastal Carolina
2006 1 1 3 3 Vince Young Titans Texas
2 1 10 10 Matt Leinart Cardinals USC
3 1 11 11 Jay Cutler Broncos Vanderbilt
4 2 17 49 Kellen Clemens Jets Oregon
5 2 32 64 Tarvaris Jackson Vikings Alabama State
6 3 17 81 Charlie Whitehurst Chargers Clemson
7 3 21 85 Brodie Croyle Chiefs Alabama
8 5 15 148 Ingle Martin Packers Furman
9 5 32 164 Omar Jacobs Steelers Bowling Green
10 6 24 193 Reggie McNeal Bengals Texas A&M
11 6 25 194 Bruce Gradkowski Buccaneers Toledo
12 7 15 223 D.J. Shockley Falcons Georgia
2005 1 1 1 1 Alex Smith 49ers Utah
2 1 24 24 Aaron Rodgers Packers California
3 1 25 25 Jason Campbell Redskins Auburn
4 3 3 67 Charlie Frye Browns Akron
5 3 5 69 Andrew Walter Raiders Arizona State
6 3 21 85 David Greene Seahawks Georgia
7 4 5 106 Kyle Orton Bears Purdue
8 4 20 121 Stefan Lefors Panthers Louisville
9 5 9 145 Dan Orlovsky Lions Connecticut
10 5 16 152 Adrian McPherson Saints Florida State
11 6 39 213 Derek Anderson Ravens Oregon State
12 7 15 229 James Kilian Chiefs Tulsa
13 7 16 230 Matt Cassel Patriots USC
14 7 36 250 Ryan Fitzpatrick Rams Harvard
2004 1 1 1 1 Eli Manning Chargers Mississippi
2 1 4 4 Philip Rivers Giants North Carolina State
3 1 11 11 Ben Roethlisberger Steelers Miami (OH)
4 1 22 22 J.P. Losman Bills Tulane
5 3 27 90 Matt Schaub Falcons Virginia
6 4 10 106 Luke McCown Browns Louisiana Tech
7 5 16 148 Craig Krenzel Bears Ohio State
8 6 20 185 Andy Hall Eagles Delaware
9 6 22 187 Josh Harris Ravens Bowling Green
10 6 28 193 Jim Sorgi Colts Wisconsin
11 6 36 201 Jeff Smoker Rams Michigan State
12 7 1 202 John Navarre Cardinals Michigan
13 7 16 217 Cody Pickett 49ers Washington
14 7 17 218 Casey Bramlet Bengals Wyoming
15 7 24 225 Matt Mauck Broncos Louisiana State
16 7 47 248 B.J. Symons Texans Texas Tech
17 7 49 250 Bradlee Van Pelt Broncos Colorado State
2003 1 1 1 1 Carson Palmer Bengals USC
2 1 7 7 Byron Leftwich Jaguars Marshall
3 1 19 19 Kyle Boller Ravens California
4 1 22 22 Rex Grossman Bears Florida
5 3 24 88 Dave Ragone Texans Louisville
6 3 33 97 Chris Simms Buccaneers Texas
7 4 13 110 Seneca Wallace Seahawks Iowa State
8 5 28 163 Brian St. Pierre Steelers Boston College
9 6 19 192 Drew Henson Texans Michigan
10 6 27 200 Brooks Bollinger Jets Wisconsin
11 6 28 201 Kliff Kingsbury Patriots Texas Tech
12 7 18 232 Gibran Hamdan Redskins Indiana
13 7 27 241 Ken Dorsey 49ers Miami (FL)
2002 1 1 1 1 David Carr Texans Fresno State
2 1 3 3 Joey Harrington Lions Oregon
3 1 32 32 Patrick Ramsey Redskins Tulane
4 3 16 81 Josh McCown Cardinals Sam Houston State
5 4 10 108 David Garrard Jaguars East Carolina
6 4 19 117 Rohan Davey Patriots Louisiana State
7 5 2 137 Randy Fasani Panthers Stanford
8 5 23 158 Kurt Kittner Falcons Illinois
9 5 28 163 Brandon Doman 49ers Brigham Young
10 5 29 164 Craig Nall Packers Northwestern State (LA)
11 6 14 186 J.T. O'Sullivan Saints California-Davis
12 6 33 205 Steve Bellisari Rams Ohio State
13 7 5 216 Seth Burford Chargers Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
14 7 21 232 Jeff Kelly Seahawks Southern Mississippi
15 7 24 235 Ronald Curry Raiders North Carolina
16 7 25 236 Wes Pate Ravens Stephen F. Austin
2001 1 1 1 1 Michael Vick Falcons Virginia Tech
2 2 1 32 Drew Brees Chargers Purdue
3 2 22 53 Quincy Carter Cowboys Georgia
4 2 28 59 Marques Tuiasosopo Raiders Washington
5 4 11 106 Chris Weinke Panthers Florida State
6 4 14 109 Sage Rosenfels Redskins Iowa State
7 4 30 125 Jesse Palmer Giants Florida
8 5 18 149 Mike McMahon Lions Rutgers
9 5 24 155 A.J. Feeley Eagles Oregon
10 6 9 172 Josh Booty Seahawks Louisiana State
11 6 14 177 Josh Heupel Dolphins Oklahoma
2000 1 1 18 18 Chad Pennington Jets Marshall
2 3 3 65 Giovanni Carmazzi 49ers Hofstra
3 3 13 75 Chris Redman Ravens Louisville
4 5 34 163 Tee Martin Steelers Tennessee
5 6 2 168 Marc Bulger Saints West Virginia
6 6 17 183 Spergon Wynn Browns Southwest Texas State
7 6 33 199 Tom Brady Patriots Michigan
8 6 36 202 Todd Husak Redskins Stanford
9 6 39 205 JaJuan Seider Chargers Florida A&M
10 7 6 212 Tim Rattay 49ers Louisiana Tech
11 7 8 214 Jarious Jackson Broncos Notre Dame
12 7 28 234 Joe Hamilton Buccaneers Georgia Tech
1999 1 1 1 1 Tim Couch Browns Kentucky
2 1 2 2 Donovan McNabb Eagles Syracuse
3 1 3 3 Akili Smith Bengals Oregon
4 1 11 11 Daunte Culpepper Vikings Central Florida
5 1 12 12 Cade McNown Bears UCLA
6 2 19 50 Shaun King Buccaneers Tulane
7 3 16 77 Brock Huard Seahawks Washington
8 4 6 101 Joe Germaine Rams Ohio State
9 4 36 131 Aaron Brooks Packers Virginia
10 5 18 151 Kevin Daft Oilers California-Davis
11 7 21 227 Michael Bishop Patriots Kansas State
12 7 33 239 Chris Greisen Cardinals Northwest Missouri State
13 7 39 245 Scott Covington Bengals Miami (FL)
1998 1 1 1 1 Peyton Manning Colts Tennessee
2 1 2 2 Ryan Leaf Chargers Washington State
3 2 30 60 Charlie Batch Lions Eastern Michigan
4 3 25 86 Jonathan Quinn Jaguars Middle Tennessee State
5 3 30 91 Brian Griese Broncos Michigan
6 6 19 172 John Dutton Dolphins Nevada
7 6 34 187 Matt Hasselbeck Packers Boston College
8 7 43 232 Moses Moreno Bears Colorado State

Ok these are QB's drafted since Peyton Manning whom you had on your list, haow many are still around, going back I am in awe of all the household names on this list, teams are stocked with QB's. QB's really really have long careers :)

I wonder how they stash all these players since they have such long careers.

But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

again how many are or were starters? Then lets look at it, Hmm you included QBs drafted since 2011, which means they cannot be in the league for more than 4 years thus skewing your numbers, good job that is a way to ensure your right even when you are wrong. I already showed you how every QB in the top 15 has over 4 years in the league except those who have not been in the league for 4 years. I proved my point enjoy.

chris98251

Reaction score
If your in the top 15 then your numbers are skewed, how do you know your going to have a starter when you draft him as far as career length?

I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change

Latest posts