(Rumor) Justin Fields following DK on X

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
"The teams that are looking at him would be looking at him as a backup."

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Not sure how feel about Fields, could be worth a shot for one year on the cheap? Are we as Hawk fans opposed to trading Geno & 3rd for Fields? Not in love with the Idea. But it seems our options are move up for JJ or Maye. Take Penix @ 16 or Fields?. Thoughts?
This makes no sense. Trade the better QB plus a pick for a lesser QB? Pick Penix, who can be had much later and isn't even close to worth a mid-round 1st, at 16? None of these options are sensible; are you sure those are the only options you can come up with?

Atradees

Reaction score
We signed Washington's OC. We will sign Penix in the draft. So obvious. I will be right once again as I declared we were ditching last seasons linebackers. No Fields.

Last edited:

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
We signed Washington's OC. We will sign Penix in the draft. So obvious. I will be right once again as I declared we were ditching last seasons linebackers.
Grubb is watching Nix at Oregons pro day today so I don't think it's a 100% cert

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
"The teams that are looking at him would be looking at him as a backup."

The Bears also probably want some decent capital for him. Being a former 1st Rounder that has flashed, they probably want a 3rd for him or something, but no one is gonna bite on that.

12forlife

Reaction score
This makes no sense. Trade the better QB plus a pick for a lesser QB? Pick Penix, who can be had much later and isn't even close to worth a mid-round 1st, at 16? None of these options are sensible; are you sure those are the only options you can come up with?
Dieing to here your genius? Yes Geno is a finished average QB. Fields is 7 years younger with potential, that's why I "ask"

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Fields is a poor man's Lamar..another rb playing qb. Huge no thanks..would set this franchise back literal years.

xray

Reaction score
It’s reported he follows Falcons players too. Maybe he just likes to follow other NFL players.
^
So he's a gay/stalker/groupie type ? Not that's there's anything wrong with that . ;)

CPHawk

Reaction score
What would be the price for fields? A 5 or 4? No one is giving up much more than that for a short term backup, and long term project that they hope they can coach up to become the guy we all thought he could be. If that was the cost, I’d pull the trigger and draft the best player available at 16. Hopefully a DL or LB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What would be the price for fields? A 5 or 4? No one is giving up much more than that for a short term backup, and long term project that they hope they can coach up to become the guy we all thought he could be. If that was the cost, I’d pull the trigger and draft the best player available at 16. Hopefully a DL or LB.
There is no LB in this draft worth a 1st round pick. Given Macdonald has proven he can coach up LB like Pete could with CB LB's is the least of my worries. They should be available on day 3 in the draft.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
We signed Washington's OC. We will sign Penix in the draft. So obvious. I will be right once again as I declared we were ditching last seasons linebackers. No Fields.
Is your prediction Penix with pick 16?

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
I think a trade for Fields could really happen.
We still have enough cap space and his market value is losing value more and more, which means you could possibly get him for a 3rd round pick.
The contract that is due for him now will not be large because neither the performance nor the market is there.
If we like Fields you MUST get him now. He along with Grubb as the OC could really shine.