Question for Seahawks fans, why do you hate the Niners ?

Kakaww

Reaction score
I actually really like and respect the Niner team (though I cheer like mad for them to lose). I'm not particularly fond of Kap or Harbaugh, but I also respect them as professionals who have worked damn hard to achieve what they have.

The fans (not all fans obviously) are another matter, which has been covered exhaustively here.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Tell you the truth. I don't know them personally so how am I gonna say I hate them. I'm sure a lot of them are great people.

I just don't like their logo. It's not personal with me. It's not like I'm wanting them to get hurt out there or anything.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Ninerg":9fyenqn8 said:
As a true, die hard Niner fan, I just don't understand the degree of hatred that Seahawks fans have for the Niners. I can understand that there's a rivalry now, however its pretty new. I have never known an opposing team fan base to have as much hatred and vitriol as Seahawks fans seem do for the Niners, its crazy.

Seahawks fans hate us way more than Niner fans hate them, its not even close. We're just now realizing how much hatred you have for us. Historically, our most intense rivalry has been with the Rams, we can understand their hatred, our records against each other is like 63-62 with one tie. There was a period when they dominated us and we came back and dominated them. They have won the SB and we have won SB's, so we can understand. The Dallas Cowboys was another rivalry, we used to battle them for NFL supremacy, I can understand the hatred between the two teams and fan bases.

From what I understand, the Seahawks plan on flying a 12th man banner over Candlestick this Sunday. That quiet honestly is unprecedented, no opposing teams fan base has ever done anything like that to the Niners.

I remember when the Seahawks played the Steelers in the SB, I was actually pulling for the Seahawks to win that game and so was other Niner fans I know.

Again, I just don't understand it. It seems Seahawks fans would enjoy winning a regular season games against the Niners more than they would the Superbowl.

This is like the third or fourth time I have responded to questions like this from Niner fans. It really seems to bother you guys that someone may not envy your rings. For me its really two factors, one is the arrogance. You can't have an intelligent football conversation with a 49er fan without it ending "Oh Yeah! How many rings do you have!? Never mind the fact the last one was won before they person was even born. The second is personal, this what I have said about it before......

Look, I grew up with nothing but Niner fans around me...this has nothing to do with the internet or message board trolls. To me the internet is just a new way for them to spew their vile rhetoric. A new way for them to pass their bigoted arrogance on to their spawn. You had to have lived it, I did. It didn't matter if it was football season or not. It was a year round thing, constant and unending. What I had to endure would be considered illegal now, simply because I was a fan of another team. I literally had to fight on a weekly basis. I was belittled and harassed by adults and their children a regular basis. I want nothing more than the absolute worst for that organization and their fan base.

Seeker

Reaction score
TBH
we don't have any beef with you guys because we don't respect yall

we weren't in your conference let alone your division when you won all that stuff eons ago. we never even started the beff that was yall when we were doing it in the early 2000's (we had our eyes on the rams).

a lot of gang banging, knife pulling fans (I knw there are rowdy ones in all fan bases but the gangster warfare stuff is classic cali football fan crap. raiders, niners, chargers,etc) do yall even come for the game? are you guys really niners fans or are you just bloods?

also you guys need to be taught how to cheer for a division rivalry game and that just irritates us.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Seems its a weekly occurrence for a 49er fan to come in here and talk about this topic.. We hate them but they dont care. But then you find 40 or 50 page threads on games we play NOT AGAINST THEM on their boards. By comparison, a 49ers game generally gets a 1 or 2 page thread here, 5 if there was something particularly of note in it. There are epic threads about the Monday night game.. But, they dont even notice us, right? Please.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
In a word, Harbaugh.

He epitomizes what a true WHINER is.

His sideline antics remind me of a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum at the grocery store.

That, and the constant reminder of the five rings... as if that history has any relevance on what is happening on the field this year.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Because 99% of niner fans are delusional. Their only excuse for their butt whoopin' is Adderall, cheaters, holding secondary, Pete Carroll and his USC days, Richard Shermen, and pumped stadium noise and fan horns. Oh and Russel Wilson is a midget and is only good cus of the teams good defense. Contradicting dumb delusional fans. And might I add, Superbowl Rings.... As if those are relevant to today's NFL.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1cy4n68e said:
From the thread ebtitled "Are we officially at Super Bowl or bust status now?" which can be found here: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81410
this from page 1..........

Ninerg":1cy4n68e said:
hawksfansinceday1":1cy4n68e said:
Have to say yes.

You have to win it. If you guys don't win it you will be the same ole Seahawks, a city without a ring.

This is a perfect example of why I hate your team's fans. And you sonny are the poster boy for it. No prob though. I'm ecstatic in the knowledge that we'll have several championships in the next decade and the Whiners will be the Seahawks' bitch throughout that time frame. By then I'll just feel sorry for you guys.

No you won't.

And neither will I :lol:

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
And we are talking about niner fans here (aka whiners). The team, I'm sure are cool people... Except harbaugh.... He's a lot like most of u.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Seeker":3gfpvpxa said:
TBH

we weren't in your conference let alone your division when you won all that stuff eons ago. we never even started the beff that was yall when we were doing it in the early 2000's (we had our eyes on the rams).

a lot of gang banging, knife pulling fans (I knw there are rowdy ones in all fan bases but the gangster warfare stuff is classic cali football fan crap. raiders, niners, chargers,etc) do yall even come for the game? are you guys really niners fans or are you just bloods?

also you guys need to be taught how to cheer for a division rivalry game and that just irritates us.

I do not think most 49ers fans even noticed the existence of Seattle until this year. Based on this years' record, Seattle is undoubtedly the best team in the NFC right now, but Seattle has also let a number of mediocre teams run up the scoreboard against them, which means that they are ultimately a very vulnerable and beatable team. If a team like the 49ers got up 27 points against Seattle the way Tampa Bay did, there would be no comeback.

If you look at Seattle fans, and why many people around the nation find them annoying, look no further than the fact that they are willing to risk permanent damage to the hearing of their young children in order to create sound intimidation at Century Field. Look to the fact that they have never had a dynasty, so they do not have the experience as a fanbase to know that just because you have one of the greatest teams of all times (for instance, the 49ers during the Steve Young years) does not mean that you will be dominating the playoffs or making it to the Superbowl.

Seattle has only made it to the NFC Championships once in their history, so they do not have the perspective of how fickle the playoffs are and how you can have a great team that loses in the playoffs year after year. They expect because they have a great team this year, there is no stopping them, when statistics show that the probability of the Seahawks winning the Superbowl is quite low, maybe 1 in 4 at best, but many Seahawks fans act like they already have the ring.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":2rurggjo said:
Seeker":2rurggjo said:
TBH

I do not think most 49ers fans even noticed the existence of Seattle until this year. Based on this years' record, Seattle is undoubtedly the best team in the NFC right now, but Seattle has also let a number of mediocre teams run up the scoreboard against them, which means that they are ultimately a very vulnerable and beatable team. If a team like the 49ers got up 27 points against Seattle the way Tampa Bay did, there would be no comeback.

If you look at Seattle fans, and why many people around the nation find them annoying, look no further than the fact that they are willing to risk permanent damage to the hearing of their young children in order to create sound intimidation at Century Field. Look to the fact that they have never had a dynasty, so they do not have the experience as a fanbase to know that just because you have one of the greatest teams of all times (for instance, the 49ers during the Steve Young years) does not mean that you will be dominating the playoffs or making it to the Superbowl.

Seattle has only made it to the NFC Championships once in their history, so they do not have the perspective of how fickle the playoffs are and how you can have a great team that loses in the playoffs year after year. They expect because they have a great team this year, there is no stopping them, when statistics show that the probability of the Seahawks winning the Superbowl is quite low, maybe 1 in 4 at best, but many Seahawks fans act like they already have the ring.

Your football facts lack in truth. Not only your Seahawk facts, by the way.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Worst post ever. If you think your fans dont think about Seattle kicking your teams but for 10 years I don't know what to say about your fans. It just proves what a lot of us think, you have the most fairweather fans in the NFL.
Its called earplugs. Dumbest post EVER.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":2su2fzcd said:
Seeker":2su2fzcd said:
TBH

I make a point of not making statements that are non-factual, so if you are going to claim otherwise, you need some evidence.

Take, for example, the Seahawk's chances of winning the Superbowl. To get to a Vince Lombardi trophy, they have to beat at least three of the best teams in the NFL. Now, let us assume that Seattle is going to be the best team in all these matchups. Let us assume that 5/8 games they play against the best teams in the NFL, they will win. This would put them among the best teams of all time, so we are maybe being a wee bit generous here.

Now, assuming a first week bye and that NFL games are independent events, the probability of them winning all three games is (5/8)^3 =125/512, or about 1/4. That is still better odds than just about any team in the NFL right now, but still the odds are against them.

49ers fans have been through all this before. We know the odds are against us even when we have a terrific team. As a kid, I got really into football after watching Steve Young kick the tukis of the Chargers in the Superbowl, then watched year after year as they failed to beat Dallas or Green Bay to make it back. The fact is, in the football playoffs you only get one chance, and the best team often does not win, especially not three times in a row against other good teams.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":1mavlfgc said:
Seeker":1mavlfgc said:
TBH

1. I do not think most 49ers fans even noticed the existence of Seattle until this year. Based on this years' record, Seattle is undoubtedly the best team in the NFC right now, but Seattle has also let a number of mediocre teams run up the scoreboard against them, which means that they are ultimately a very vulnerable and beatable team. If a team like the 49ers got up 27 points against Seattle the way Tampa Bay did, there would be no comeback.

2. If you look at Seattle fans, and why many people around the nation find them annoying, look no further than the fact that they are willing to risk permanent damage to the hearing of their young children in order to create sound intimidation at Century Field. Look to the fact that they have never had a dynasty, so they do not have the experience as a fanbase to know that just because you have one of the greatest teams of all times (for instance, the 49ers during the Steve Young years) does not mean that you will be dominating the playoffs or making it to the Superbowl.

3. Seattle has only made it to the NFC Championships once in their history, so they do not have the perspective of how fickle the playoffs are and how you can have a great team that loses in the playoffs year after year. They expect because they have a great team this year, there is no stopping them, when statistics show that the probability of the Seahawks winning the Superbowl is quite low, maybe 1 in 4 at best, but many Seahawks fans act like they already have the ring.

A perfect example of Whiner logic...

1. You fail to note in this comment, that had these same teams run up the score on you, it's very doubtful your team could have done what the Hawks did and still win the game. You say "very vulnerable"...... You could say the same thing about every team, every week. But, of course the Niners are not very vulnerable at all this week are they?

2. Your team is calling for a "deafening environment" at the game this week, yet your fans have a petition to stifle the same noise at our home? It's just envy, if you could generate the same atmosphere at your field, you'd take it in heartbeat. Ever hear of ear plugs? You want to talk about hearing loss in children? Who in their right mind mind would take a child to game at the Stick? I would have thought you'd have figured out by now, that the days of dynasties in the NFL are long gone. Free agency and parity rule now.

3. Try knowing what you are talking about, do a little research, before posting things like this. I'll clue you in....Look at the Seahawks play-off record from say 1984 to 2012. Then come back tell us we don't know how fickle the play-offs can be. You are confusing ability with confidence. I seriously doubt any Seahawks fan with football knowledge are thinking along these lines. But, we are saying that this team has a better chance to do it than any other Seahawks squad has.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":heb94h16 said:
Seeker":heb94h16 said:
TBH

Well this is one of the most ignorant and stupid comments I've ever seen. If I'm taking my kids to the Clink, they're getting earplugs. Hell, I used to be in the Marines and then worked construction. My hearing is already damaged and I still wear earplugs to the game. Most people I've talked to do the same.

I also find it hilarious about how you're trying to instruct Seattle fans about the fickleness of the playoffs. If you've been a fan of any Seattle team for too long, you know how fickle the nature of professional sports is, and how hard it is to win a championship.

We almost lost the Seahawks to L.A. We did lose the Sonics. Forget playoffs, you don't even know if you'll have a team in a decade sometimes. That's part of what creates passion.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i don't hate the niners... but, they're just a bunch of big babies.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I love the way the Niner fans call us cheaters and totally forget how Carmen Policy, Eddie Jr., et al, used to cheat on the salary cap. How they got away with it for years, until Policy and Eddie Jr., had a fall out.

Now, we're not talking about a couple of players smoking pot or taking PEDs, we're talking about an entire organization being rotten from the top on down.

Talk about hypocrites!!

Hey, check out your SB Trophies, there's more than a little tarnish on them.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
You know, when all the responding Seahawks fans feel a need to make the first sentence in their response an ad hominem rather than a logical response, I think it is pretty clear who the more unjustifiably supercilious fanbase be.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CandlestickBum":1j6h4inb said:
You know, when all the responding Seahawks fans feel a need to make the first sentence in their response an ad hominem rather than a logical response, I think it is pretty clear who the more unjustifiably supercilious fanbase be.

You do realize that you're being a pretentious twit, right? Reading the Atlantic doesn't make you smart, and having rings doesn't mean your fanbase isn't fairweather or that your team isn't going to get fed its own heart. When Harbaugh finally realizes how poorly he's drafted and quits, your team will go back to being a voice in the desert.