Why does Pete Prisco and CBS hate the Seahawks?

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score
He literally does not give any evidence whatsoever other than Geno Smith faded a little bit in the second half last year. What a bullshit article. It’s writers like this that should be replaced.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
He literally does not give any evidence whatsoever other than Geno Smith faded a little bit in the second half last year. What a bullshit article. It’s writers like this that should be replaced.
If he got your click, even though you already hate him and know the article will be bad, then he's doing his job perfectly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Prisco is savvy, and knows the only way the NFL world pays attention to his mediocre sports journalism is to fan the flames of this attention seeking fire.

Write a vanilla jump on the Hawks bandwagon piece? Some clicks.

Write his 100th negative incorrect piece on the Hawks? Thousands and thousands of angry Hawk fan clicks.

I guess it's possible Smith takes a step back, but nothing we saw last year out of him would lend itself to confirming this argument. Very few of Geno's throws were out of his ass, or any part of his game you'd put in the lucky or can't duplicate that category.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How true!

If you are not simply ignoring Prisco you are subjecting yourself to needless annoyance. Save time and annoyance just ignore him his posts and his anti-Seahawks BS.

WarHawks

Reaction score
This will indeed be a telling year for Geno. I expect him to do roughly as well as last year, and we all hope much better than that. Will he? It's debatable. That's why so many of us, myself included, were hoping they would hedge their bets and get a top ranked qb, just in case he doesn't meet or exceed expectations, knowing they will be picking later in the draft next year most likely. Instead, they picked Spoon, at a position we were already deep in. Ok, it is what it is. Let's hope for the best. That's why the games are played. Popcorn ready! Go Hawks! 200

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How true!

If you are not simply ignoring Prisco you are subjecting yourself to needless annoyance. Save time and annoyance just ignore him his posts and his anti-Seahawks BS.

Sound like what I've done with some .NET members over the years! :LOL:

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
From what I've heard he hates us because supposedly he had "insider" information back in 2002 during the draft that we were going to draft TE Daniel Graham but instead we took Jerramy Stevens. He's held a grudge against Mike Holmgren and us ever since. I'll edit my comment if I can find the source where I first saw this as it's been awhile.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
At best Pete Prisco's opinions were educated guesses, based on his 30+ years as a sports writer. But, he had no coaching, scouting or other related trainings or experience. In short, he opinions were as valid as yours or mine.
Come to think of it, although I disagree with @Fade most of the time, I value opinions from @Fade more than Pete Prisco, because Fade follows the team a lot closer than Pete Prisco.

Reaction score
While there's no doubt that Pete Prisco is not friend of the Hawks, that linked article appears to have been written by John Breech

bileever

Reaction score
While there's no doubt that Pete Prisco is not friend of the Hawks, that linked article appears to have been written by John Breech
Yes, and Prisco, as dumb as he might be, actually ranked the Seahawks pretty high in his first power rankings, ahead of the Giants, Vikings and Saints:

He did, however, rank the Rams and Cardinals 31 and 32.

flv2

Reaction score
I'm going to pass on predicting how Smith will do in 2023.

...because in 2022 I was waaaaaaaay off, (as most people were).