POLL: What should we do with Darrell Bevell?

What should we do with Darrell Bevell?

• Fire him as soon as possible because of his poor playcalling

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Fire him if we see he has lost the confidence of the players

Votes: 39 26.9%
  • Keep him, but on a short leash with some play calling.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Keep him, and realize that he's still our best option as OC

Votes: 46 31.7%

• Total voters

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":20z8cxe2 said:
Mojambo":20z8cxe2 said:
Tical21":20z8cxe2 said:
A bunch of the fanbase is going to want to string him up every single time there is a playcall they disagree with. You just can't continue in this city after what he did.

He's worked under a fan base like that for two years. There's nothing new here, really.
There's a bit of a difference between not running the ball in week three versus the Chargers and making the worst decision in the history of coaching, which happened to cost your team a Super Bowl. People wanted him gone before, now they want his head.

Can Bartman go back to Chicago? Can Buckner go back to Boston?
Which is the biggest reason of all I have hope that he'll quietly "resign" in a month or two.

JonRud

Reaction score
Didn't read this whole thread but my feeling is we went to 2 straight Super Bowls and won 1 with Bevell. We just lost our D-coordinator. do you really want an upheaval on the offensive side of the ball as well?

For all the Bevell hate, he is working with a sub-par O-Line, mediocre (sorry to use that word) receivers, and basically no tight ends after Miller got hurt. Yes it's frustrating to get off to a slow start in games all the time but that's how Pete wants to play and we don't exactly have the greatest playmakers on offense.

Bevell made a mistake in the Super Bowl. But I do not believe he should be fired for that mistake. He has helped develop Wilson into one of the top QBs in football and we have won 11, 13 and 12 games the past 3 years. Who's to say someone else will do any better than that?

Keep Bevell - get him some decent WRs who can get some separation. that's my vote.

Mojambo

Reaction score
The grass is always greener when Greg Knapp is your offensive coordinator, I guess.