Pete is going to leave us.....not get fired (Speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":8l9cz1k5 said:
Its being reported there is a high profile/successful NFL coach that wants out of his contract. I can't think of who else that could be other than Pete for a few reasons. If you heard him talk about his time at USC about a month back you can tell he loves the college game. Much more than the NFL. Pete also is loyal to his coaches and won't want to fire any of them (even though they deserve it). Pete see's his message is lost with the hawks and he loves the college game.

If I had to guess how this plays out....we barely miss the playoffs and Pete bolts back to the college game to one of the open/high profile jobs. He hopes we promote Richard to HC but we clean house.

At the end of the day this is a win/win for all. His legacy here isn't tarnished, he gets what he wants, and we get an influx of new thinking/ideas.

Just want to give you all a heads up so you are not shocked when it happens.

YUP.

Said as much toward the end of last season that rumblings were that Pete was likely done after this season. This was confirmed @ TC by some in the know prior to this season. I believe them.

It's a big organization. People talk. They appear to be talking even more now.

I think if true, it's the right move for all concerned.

We shall see...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":4fyi8k0i said:
I wouldn't be surprised. Carroll looks worn out on the sideline. I've seen him yelling at Wilson, Bevell, Richard and Cable at certain points in the season. He no longer looks like he is having fun, he doesn't looked hyped on the sidelines like he did when he first got here. I think he may just decide to hang it up at the end of the season. I'm especially of this opinion because of the Richardson, and Brown moves.

True. Again mirrors what I said earlier.

He's more tired this season than ever. Burnt out and overdone.

Finally looking his age at times...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"People talk. They appear to be talking more now."

Post those quotes in a new thread then.

Rules are clear in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.