Pete is going to leave us.....not get fired (Speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Good. This makes sense and it is time for a change. Now that Pete doesn’t have a roster full of stars on rookie contracts, things are too tough for him. He’s a decent coach, but the way we have been killed in the playoffs the last couple of years shows that this team is overmatched when facing a quality opponent.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3uy6axmi said:
Good. This makes sense and it is time for a change. Now that Pete doesn’t have a roster full of stars on rookie contracts, things are too tough for him. He’s a decent coach, but the way we have been killed in the playoffs the last couple of years shows that this team is overmatched when facing a quality opponent.

What is good? The baseless rumor? LOL.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Steve2222":3e2km1hq said:
I’d be on board with Josh McDaniels if Pete walks. I think he’s ready for his redemption tour as a HC and I think he’d be scary scheming with a QB like Russ. It’d be addition by subtraction as it would mean Bevell and Cable would be gone as well.

I would entertain this idea.

Msfann

Reaction score
Pete is too old to start over again in college. I don't believe it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This would be the best case scenario. Like the saying says 'Dont go away mad, just go away'.

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist has been saving this to stir up stuff, it's a broad scope rumor, now if any coach leaves the writer can say see I was right !

brimsalabim

Reaction score
well the NCAA has changed while Pete's been away. The University of North Carolina just showed that you can ignore the NCAA's rules if your program generates enough money.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":246hg4vc said:
Its being reported there is a high profile/successful NFL coach that wants out of his contract. I can't think of who else that could be other than Pete for a few reasons. If you heard him talk about his time at USC about a month back you can tell he loves the college game. Much more than the NFL. Pete also is loyal to his coaches and won't want to fire any of them (even though they deserve it). Pete see's his message is lost with the hawks and he loves the college game.

If I had to guess how this plays out....we barely miss the playoffs and Pete bolts back to the college game to one of the open/high profile jobs. He hopes we promote Richard to HC but we clean house.

At the end of the day this is a win/win for all. His legacy here isn't tarnished, he gets what he wants, and we get an influx of new thinking/ideas.

Just want to give you all a heads up so you are not shocked when it happens.
Keep moving along folks, there's nothing to see here, it's just bottom of the bird cage, on top of the paper stuff :17:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yep, this is definitely wild speculation. I would surmise he wants to retire in this job. Also. the script of this season hasn't fully been written yet. He may just produce the best coaching of the year yet.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":37rs8tco said:
Yep, this is definitely wild speculation. I would surmise he wants to retire in this job. Also. the script of this season hasn't fully been written yet. He may just produce the best coaching of the year yet.
This is the kind of thinking I can appreciate :2thumbs:

uncle fester

Reaction score
More likely that it's Arians or Harbaugh than Pete. Neither of their situations is redeemable in the near future, with Arians having the most to rebuild and an ongoing health problem(?) and Harbaugh stagnating.

(I'm assuming Emperor Palpatine is still quite happy in his gig in Boston, but stranger things have happened)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist” said:

This is as hilarious as saying we’d all be rocking Eddie Lacy jerseys in a few months back during free agency :lol:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised. Carroll looks worn out on the sideline. I've seen him yelling at Wilson, Bevell, Richard and Cable at certain points in the season. He no longer looks like he is having fun, he doesn't looked hyped on the sidelines like he did when he first got here. I think he may just decide to hang it up at the end of the season. I'm especially of this opinion because of the Richardson, and Brown moves.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't put much stock in this tweet at all but I do think trading away most of the top end of our 2018 draft signals a near end. Those are win now moves not win forever.

tersal

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":88jaygsq said:
Its being reported there is a high profile/successful NFL coach that wants out of his contract. I can't think of who else that could be other than Pete for a few reasons. If you heard him talk about his time at USC about a month back you can tell he loves the college game. Much more than the NFL. Pete also is loyal to his coaches and won't want to fire any of them (even though they deserve it). Pete see's his message is lost with the hawks and he loves the college game.

If I had to guess how this plays out....we barely miss the playoffs and Pete bolts back to the college game to one of the open/high profile jobs. He hopes we promote Richard to HC but we clean house.

At the end of the day this is a win/win for all. His legacy here isn't tarnished, he gets what he wants, and we get an influx of new thinking/ideas.

Prior to the SB against the Patriots I was going to start pushing Pete as the best coach in the game. Then there was the horrible pass call at the one yard line. Since then he has been good but not nearly what he was up to that point. Also let us face it this offense is being carried by the QB the blocking in the running game is horrendous. Picking up a 3rd or fourth and one is a an incredible challenge running the ball. The pass blocking has never been up to par the QB's play making ability has salvaged this team. Also the defense is better than good but no longer elite even when healthy. I wish Pete well wherever he goes next but perhaps a change is necessary. Of course continuing to put out a sub par offensive line really is not acceptable.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3loaz82d said:
I wouldn't be surprised. Carroll looks worn out on the sideline. I've seen him yelling at Wilson, Bevell, Richard and Cable at certain points in the season. He no longer looks like he is having fun, he doesn't looked hyped on the sidelines like he did when he first got here. I think he may just decide to hang it up at the end of the season. I'm especially of this opinion because of the Richardson, and Brown moves.

Good point on Brown and Sheldon....I didn’t think about that.

Exittium

Reaction score
His demeanor definitely looks like a “Just another damn day at the office” rather than his old “LETS DO THIS” insane energy level. I truly believe he’s burned out and ready for a change.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2c3ner5b said:
I've also heard that an NFL coach wants to purchase and elephant and a rhinocerous, breed them, and create a new species call a rhinocephant.
Actually, I believe the correct name of that species would be, well.... elephino, why not ask someone who knows.

netskier

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3fvjwyca said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3fvjwyca said:
I've also heard that an NFL coach wants to purchase and elephant and a rhinocerous, breed them, and create a new species call a rhinocephant.
Actually, I believe the correct name of that species would be, well.... elephino, why not ask someone who knows.

I really don't know.

I don't think there is a rule about this, but people have hybridized big cats, and tried out both names: Lion and Tiger become either Liger or Tion, and Liger seems to have won. I think people just go with the nicer sounding name.

Status
Not open for further replies.