One game does not make a great D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You so misunderstood but this entire site Is so variable we win we are suddenly the elite we lose we suck but without accepting or understanding why either result actually happened. We are currently in the hell called 8-9/9-8 until the bottom falls out or we suddenly get a quarterback like Caleb Williams or we totally clean house and hopefully get engaged ownership and the right coach to compete with McVay and Shanahan everything is irrelevant if we can't beat those two.

It's like being the Jets/Bills/Dolphins until they tried or got real quarterbacks and actual coaches with a culture that isn't 14 years old even Belichick is losing it now. But obviously the Jets like Seattle will pay forever for having the audacity to ever win a Superbowl. It took Kansas City a straight up legacy team and Mahomes probably the best quarterback ever to win after 50 years at least?

Kansas City won their first Super Bowl when I was 1 years old and their second like 3 years ago? Kansas City was in the Super Bowl when the NFL was created and went 1-1. Cleveland as usual were screwed they were probably the best ever but they were 10 years too early like Jim Brown I totally get his bitterness. That we was man before his time just like Bill Russell.

Our defense played well. We did look bad on some plays (especially the QB run two plays before Spoon's int) but on a night our offense was far from stellar, the defense stepped up won the game. Yes the Giants are a mess on the offensive side, but I am hoping this is the game that acts as a spring board for the defense to become good and last night was a dose of success that was needed.
Same but Purdy plays within himself like Stafford we have to take risks on defense to have a chance just do like what we did tonight and let the chips fall where they be. Much better then death by a million knives.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
11 sacks against any NFL team is insane. Do I expect that trend to continue? No, but damn.
Remember when Derrick made 7 sacks on Kitna and we still won so to me statistics mean nothing but when it happens in game mean everything. We didn't sit back we definitely have the talent so use it already please? I want to believe we aren't in 8-9/9-8 hell but Pete needs to adjust and this Richardson guy needs to be PAID immediately the job he's doing with the OL is ridiculous. And I see why you guys love JA but that contract is the worst ever and if he lasts 1 quarter I'd be shocked my current expectations are 10-15 plays max.

Last edited:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Wow, so much to fact check here in this thread. The Giants started the week as 1.5 point favorites against the Seahawks, and by the end of the week the Seahawks were 1 point favorites. They weren't expected to "destroy" the Giants. Yes, they have trouble on their O-line, but so do we. So I think the defensive performance is significant. The Giants were a playoff team last year, and are not a drastically different team this year. Plus they now have Darren Waller.

If you ask a Giants fan, I think he would tell you that he was shocked by the results last night.

And @SeAhAwKeR4life, yes the LOB was not only the best D in the game, it was a historically great defense.
I believe they were the best D for 4 straight seasons and the year we won it all we were by far the best D in the NFL. In fact, since then damn near every team in the league poached our coaches and mimicked our strategy. Hell, the Lions tried to get our GM.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If this means the defense stops averaging around 30 PPG earlier in the season instead of halfway like has been common the last few years, that's a good thing.

Sackfests are rare and fun to watch when your team is giving them.

Going into the bye week with this record and the face punching is fun.

strohmin

Reaction score
Look, I loved what I saw last night from the defense. They were flying around and absolutely destroyed the Giants offense.

With this said, let’s remember the Giants lost 40–0 to the Cowboys in week one and were completely destroyed. Their offensive line is in shambles, and they do not have the skill players to overcome. Before we say this defense has turned the corner, I will need to see more of this in the next number of weeks.

Again, great showing last night, but have we forgotten what has going on with this defense for the last five years with just one great performance against a truly terrible offense?
No 1 game doesnt make a great defense but every great defense does start with 1 game. Hopefully this 1 game leads to more great games by the defense 😀

Mizak

Reaction score
No, what you are saying right now is definitively wrong:

There has been NO better team in the NFC than the Hawks under Pete and John. You think moving on from these guys is going to make us BETTER? No offense but you are crazy.

So basically, the Seahawks are the LA Dodgers of the NFL. Play great in the regular season, play like $h1t in the postseason.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ESPN was funny today. Can't remember who said it, but somebody said Jones was sacked so much last night that a Seahawk player didn't even celebrate after a sack. No fist bump, nothing. Just walked back to the huddle like he was bored of sacking Jones. Lol.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So basically, the Seahawks are the LA Dodgers of the NFL. Play great in the regular season, play like $h1t in the postseason.

Pretty much. Been that way for years now.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Seahawks give up in the first three weeks:

Rams 30
Lions 31
Panthers 27

Again, great performance last night, but let’s pump the brakes folks
You can pump your own brakes dude. If you don't enjoy reading people enjoying a good old fashioned butt kicking by Seattle's defense you can look away. Tired of you wanna be "realists" posting garbage with the sole purpose of being negative.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Stats are more useless then the President both are completely fungible and can suit whatever argument you like I'm all about believe nothing you read and 50% of what you see so you disagree st

Krieg was the QB that day. Remember watching it. No biggie. Just thought i'd throw it out there.
I figured you would know and likely understand my point and figure out the sunshine site called me a shit poster. Most of them have no clue about really bad....yet.

flv2

Reaction score
The 2023 Seahawks defense looks like it can protect a 2 score lead. Given the last few seasons this is a landmark moment.

I enjoyed the last 20 minutes. I didn't feel remotely sorry for Jones or the Giants.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You can pump your own brakes dude. If you don't enjoy reading people enjoying a good old fashioned butt kicking by Seattle's defense you can look away. Tired of you wanna be "realists" posting garbage with the sole purpose of being negative.
I prefer real don't be mad sir.