One game does not make a great D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
She's one of our resident shit posters. Always ready to engage in an heated argument about the team. I'm all for debate, but some forum members make posting a blood sport. I don't think it adds anything worthwhile to the forum...
It adds reality and accepting changes real changes are needed given insanity is the definition of trying the same thing over and over despite the same results.

But please do you just don't cry when we have a real chance to finish 3rd or 4th in the division this year. Kupp is back we are getting seriously injured and Arizona who we already have issues with haven't read the memo it seems. Carolina and the Giants are really bad guys really bad. Detroit we match up well to and it was close.

Last edited:

SheaD

Reaction score
I enjoyed it but it really meant nothing in the final analysis. Until we stop getting embarrassed by the Rams and dominated by the 49ers it just doesn't matter.

You are living in your own reality. None of what you said is true.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Again,

Rams 30
Lions 31
0-4 Panthers 27

Sure, we can enjoy the win but we’ll see what we really are when playing the Niners, Eagles, etc.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Seahawks give up in the first three weeks:

Rams 30
Lions 31
Panthers 27

Again, great performance last night, but let’s pump the brakes folks
But your still ignoring we still down pieces and last night was the first time this season we’ve even seen Woolen and Spoon together and saw a glimpse of what the defense could be if we’re healthy

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You are living in your own reality. None of what you said is true.
We will see who is living in their own reality soon enough. I'm hoping Burrow isn't healthy in 2 weeks otherwise it might disappoint alot of people here the Giants are horrible and that quarterback is worse Joe Burrow healthy definitely isn't nor is Cincinnati.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, I loved what I saw last night from the defense. They were flying around and absolutely destroyed the Giants offense.

With this said, let’s remember the Giants lost 40–0 to the Cowboys in week one and were completely destroyed. Their offensive line is in shambles, and they do not have the skill players to overcome. Before we say this defense has turned the corner, I will need to see more of this in the next number of weeks.

Again, great showing last night, but have we forgotten what has going on with this defense for the last five years with just one great performance against a truly terrible offense?

Meh. Personally I would have preferred not to see a "Great win, BUT..." post for at least 24 hours off of a nice road win on national television but that's just me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But your still ignoring we still down pieces and last night was the first time this season we’ve even seen Woolen and Spoon together and saw a glimpse of what the defense could be if we’re healthy
We have some peices correct but availability is crucial. I think we are still a year or maybe 2 years away sue me. I got to see the game the potential is definitely there but like I believe and have a right to believe it looks like s year or maybe 2 years away. It's getting better but I think only wholesale change catches us up at this point.

Last edited:

SheaD

Reaction score
We will see who is living in their own reality soon enough. I'm hoping Burrow isn't healthy in 2 weeks otherwise it might disappoint alot of people here the Giants are horrible and that quarterback is worse Joe Burrow healthy definitely isn't nor is Cincinnati.

No, what you are saying right now is definitively wrong:

There has been NO better team in the NFC than the Hawks under Pete and John. You think moving on from these guys is going to make us BETTER? No offense but you are crazy.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's true we can't yet crown the defense as great, but if this was a bad defense we very well could have made the Giants' beat up offense look good.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No, what you are saying right now is definitively wrong:

There has been NO better team in the NFC than the Hawks under Pete and John. You think moving on from these guys is going to make us BETTER? No offense but you are crazy.

Yep given they have no chance vs McVay or San Francisco it doesn't even matter that Philadelphia and 4 AFC teams are better then them. What I like about Travis and Taylor Swift isn't involved I'm only joking. But fortunately from what I definitely know about Travis is a totally regular guy he's never in the news and neither is Taylor.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Again, great showing last night, but have we forgotten what has going on with this defense for the last five years with just one great performance against a truly terrible offense?

I think the optimism with the defense this year is a couple things;

1. They're playing with a MUCH MORE needed physicality and violence.
2. They've continued to stop the run, and now they're pass defense is coming around with Witherspoon and Riq finally on the field together.
3. Pass rush is obviously getting stupid effective.

But for me it's the fact that it usually takes what, until week seven or eight for the defense to figure it out? And it's only week four? THAT'S a great sign, they're figuring it out much earlier, which should mean good things ahead.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Stats are more useless then the President both are completely fungible and can suit whatever argument you like I'm all about believe nothing you read and 50% of what you see so you disagree still?

ChamKancellor

Reaction score
I agree we can take last night with a grain of salt considering NYG’s roster woes.

However, I also think a dominant performance like that could be the spark that fires them up going forward. It’s a great opportunity to pump up the defensive unit as a whole so long as they can seize upon this energy. If there’s any HC in the league who can do just that it’s Pete Carroll.

To quote Professor Ratigan:

"See what you can do with the proper motivation?" 😈

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I agree we can take last night with a grain of salt considering NYG’s roster woes.

However, I also think a dominant performance like that could be the spark that fires them up going forward. It’s a great opportunity to pump up the defensive unit as a whole so long as they can seize upon this energy. If there’s any HC in the league who can do just that it’s Pete Carroll.

To quote Professor Ratigan:

"See what you can do with the proper motivation?" 😈
This I can get behind. We aren't great but all we need on defense is average and Geno just be like Purdy stop trying to be Russell you aren't and we don't want need that to have a real chance at beating the Rams and the 49ers but he has to trust the entire team for it to be possible he isn't Russell.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nothing like reading over the top cynicism the day after a great road win.

View attachment 60981
You so misunderstood but this entire site Is so variable we win we are suddenly the elite we lose we suck but without accepting or understanding why either result actually happened. We are currently in the hell called 8-9/9-8 until the bottom falls out or we suddenly get a quarterback like Caleb Williams or we totally clean house and hopefully get engaged ownership and the right coach to compete with McVay and Shanahan everything is irrelevant if we can't beat those two.

It's like being the Jets/Bills/Dolphins until they tried or got real quarterbacks and actual coaches with a culture that isn't 14 years old even Belichick is losing it now. But obviously the Jets like Seattle will pay forever for having the audacity to ever win a Superbowl. It took Kansas City a straight up legacy team and Mahomes probably the best quarterback ever to win after 50 years at least?

Kansas City won their first Super Bowl when I was 1 years old and their second like 3 years ago? Kansas City was in the Super Bowl when the NFL was created and went 1-1. Cleveland as usual were screwed they were probably the best ever but they were 10 years too early like Jim Brown I totally get his bitterness. That we was man before his time just like Bill Russell.

Last edited:

NJlargent

Reaction score
Our defense played well. We did look bad on some plays (especially the QB run two plays before Spoon's int) but on a night our offense was far from stellar, the defense stepped up won the game. Yes the Giants are a mess on the offensive side, but I am hoping this is the game that acts as a spring board for the defense to become good and last night was a dose of success that was needed.