Observations that may be somewhat 'random'

kearly

Reaction score
I know Wilson had some off throws today, but I really like how comfortable he looks in the offense. Give him two seconds and he usually finds somebody right now. It was the same thing in the Rams game except with more QB running. Wilson missed some wide open plays in the first half of that game too.

Something about the way Wilson has managed the offense since Harvin left feels oh-so-right. His quick read and throw with zip from the pocket is almost Rodgers-esque.

It seems like Seattle had a crystal ball when they drafted Richardson. Not that he's a star in the making or anything like that, but he fits this new offense better than any other WR on our team, IMO.

If not for some weird stuff happening in this game I think Seattle scores 24+ points. I think the offense played a lot better than the final score would indicate. The Panthers left some points on the field too. It was a weird game.

Hopefully the Cardinals can stop pulling super close wins out of their backsides. Any time now would be great.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":3ii0bsnn said:
Hopefully the Cardinals can stop pulling super close wins out of their backsides. Any time now would be great.

Agreed. However, beginning to believe they are very much for real..

I don't feel the same away about Philly though. They've gone on the road against AZ and SF now and looked very average in each game.

Thankfully we have the Raiders and Giants coming up, so at the least we should not lose any ground to them.. and Arizona still has tough sledding the next month.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nice write up and very nice comments guys. I bet it took a lot of bravery to do this Hasselbeck (I refuse to say anything about your unnatural Andrew Luck love).;)

Cardinals? They're for real, we need to sweep them just to make the playoffs it seems. If not we may be 10-6 and outside looking in.

marko358

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31qqjw7k said:
kearly":31qqjw7k said:
Thankfully we have the Raiders and Giants coming up, so at the least we should not lose any ground to them.. and Arizona still has tough sledding the next month.

Hopefully the team doesn't overlook these two teams. We had a much better and healthier team last year and struggled against the winless Buccaneers and a couple of other awful teams.

drdiags

Reaction score
Wilson had a few knock-downs and I thought that is what lead to the fast-ball to Lynch at the goal-line and a few of the passes behind guys when they went across the middle. He hadn't been having an issue with this but it seems as though the number is going up this year. Maybe just my foggy memory?

taco40

Reaction score
Tical21":ibtg3k0a said:
We don't stomp around and clap our hands and whoop and holler like we did last year.

This one thing is indicative of a team that just doesn't look like it's having fun. This is what I've missed the most.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
This team has had seemingly an endless supply of bullets with which to keep shooting itself in the foot this season... Hopefully they finally emptied the magazine in Carolina.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great posts from multiple people. I agree with Kearly. Even though Russell was a little off I love the way he is moving within the offense now. I really do think it is going to take off, especially when the line gets a little healthier.

Richardson is going to be really good. I don't think he will be a traditional #1 but he will be a very good weapon in this offense. I thought he drew the PI on the one deep pass and I love his route running. It will help free him up deep in the future. Norwood with another catch in traffic as well. Still hearing rumors from outside our internal source that Seattle is being aggressive in trying to acquire another receiving threat, either a dynamic TE or a guy like VJax.

We made so many mistakes and timely penalties but honestly feel a little better after getting a 10 am win on the east coast. Seahawks will right the ship and I think they are close to turning the corner. Maybe a home game against Oakland will speed things up.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
marko358":2jdei0h4 said:
Hasselbeck":2jdei0h4 said:
kearly":2jdei0h4 said:

Hopefully the team doesn't overlook these two teams. We had a much better and healthier team last year and struggled against the winless Buccaneers and a couple of other awful teams.

I would say it's unlikely to happen, but with the Seahawks.. you never know.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders hung around longer than they should.. but I think they wind up winning pretty easily. The Giants.. they're always an enigma.. they can be woeful, or look like a contender. No in between.

But if we're as good as we think we are.. we win both.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1eztgyyh said:
kearly":1eztgyyh said:

Agreed. However, beginning to believe they are very much for real..

I don't feel the same away about Philly though. They've gone on the road against AZ and SF now and looked very average in each game.

Coming into today Arizona ranked just 15th in DVOA (-0.5%) compared to 4th for Seattle and 7th for Philly. They are the kings of getting cheap wins this year, they are pretty much exactly like the 2012 Colts (also an Arians coached team), except that they are somehow pulling off this magic act while playing a tough schedule somehow. It's been frustrating to watch, especially while Seattle drops games we thought they'd never lose.

The end of that Philly game was the epitome of the 2014 Cardinals season. Games final play, and the Cards screw it up by having one guy defend two Eagles receivers, but are let off the hook when Foles leads his receiver just barely too much. Bruce Arians clearly made a deal with the devil at some point three years ago. He's good, but freakin' A is he lucky.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's ok Kip. We take care of business? Then it's us 7-3 and them 8-2? It's ON BABY!! This season is just starting in my opinion. Carolina was the fulcrum game trust me. The actual issue will be the fact that San Francisco will be 7-3 also. Trust me it's going to get really ugly really fast conference and division wide.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
- I think Richardson is progressing nicely and is on his way to becoming a well-rounded receiver, not just a speedster ala Brandin Cooks (NO).
-Norwood was clutch with that pass he wasn't expecting (should have been) and still hung on to it.
-Irvin had those 2 sacks at the end yes, and I give him credit for coming through when we needed it. But it takes a situation that obvious for him to finally pin his ears back and get some pressure? He made it look effortless with that beautiful spin move and then the athletic leap over the LT... Where has this been?
-Mebane is a stud. We cannot live without him at this point.
-I disagree with the negative commentary on Scruggs. He had 2 big whifs... but was solid otherwise and looked to have a strong base in the run defense.
-When Sweezy went down, I almost went into convulsions... Our line is so shaky right now. We are usually solid with the run... At least we normally have that... but this game we couldn't get anything going... Which took away the play action, which led to a hurried Wilson, etc...
-KPL was a stud, such an athletic freak.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2r648odg said:
It's ok Kip. We take care of business? Then it's us 7-3 and them 8-2? It's ON BABY!! This season is just starting in my opinion. Carolina was the fulcrum game trust me.
No, no it wasn't. The season rests on the last 6 games. 5 division games plus a trip to the Eagles.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Nice posts.I had to work today so I'm watching this as I type. Besides all the injuries, it appears we don't have the same
swagger that we had last year. Yet for all of that we are still a top team IMHO. Were just a little "off".

Hopefully we can get our running game back.

PS : In the 3rd qtr........ Luke Willson cant catch but knows how to hold on running plays. :pukeface:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3lh14kqo said:
MizzouHawkGal":3lh14kqo said:
It's ok Kip. We take care of business? Then it's us 7-3 and them 8-2? It's ON BABY!! This season is just starting in my opinion. Carolina was the fulcrum game trust me.
No, no it wasn't. The season rests on the last 6 games. 5 division games plus a trip to the Eagles.
I disagree Scott because without this game we would have had to go 6-0 in that set to have a realistic chance. Currently? We could drop Kansas City, Philadelphia and a division game going forward and have an outside shot. Personally I wouldn't recommend losing to Kansas City or Philadelphia but I figure that's obvious.

sam1313

Reaction score
Thanks Hasselbeck. Appreciate the thread.

our SB MVP was having a horrible game today. Saw him just standing flat footed on several plays. Don't know what is wrong with him, but the D was better with KPL. I also agree that we need to leave Irvin at DE. I'm ready to run with KJ, KPL, and Coyle if necessary. Hopefully, this was an aberration for Smith.

Although the O line was bad in the first half, I thought they played a lot better in the second half. Glad to see our rookie receivers doing so well too.

Atradees

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think Lynches heart is in it should go back and look how he chased down that Linebacker on the incomplete pass/no whistle play. I thought he might blow a heart valve.

The Oline is just dreadful. C Mike will be good player but only with reps and blocking.

I noticed LB Pierre Louis as well, like that both wr rooks were used as well as C Mike in the O.

Willson had at least one great block today and one catch in four targets.

We should throw to CMike as well he has soft hands unlike the TE's.

Great win Carolina plays tuff D in their house.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great observations and post, Hasselbeck. One thing that continues to stand out for me is the inability to score tds in the redzone. The Seahawks were 0-3 yesterday in the redzone. This is something that been an ongoing issue. I think it's more than the players at this point. I think it's coaching and plays called in the redzone. The redzone efficiency, or lack thereof, is unacceptable. Needs to improve tremendously.

Reaction score
A couple thoughts:

- Great to get the win
- Great to see PRich get a big kickoff return
- Was excellent to see a lot of young'uns get some run-time.

I was pretty excited to see CMike in there....however, he really isn't making his case for being "safer" with the ball. Yes, you could excuse away his other fumbles as "freak happenings," but they still happened. Today on one carry, he was bobbling the ball (at least per Raible and Moon - I didn't see it, was grabbing a brewski) as he was running, before securing it.

He kind of reminds me of a raw big man in Basketball - who tends to rush things, and put up some clankers - it seems like if he just took half-a-beat to gather himself a bit, I think we'd see the fumbles go away. CMike rushing things may be what was driving Cable bonkers as well - granted, all this I could just be talking out of my rear...so, who knows. Clif notes version: I'd love to see CMike continue to improve ball security, and get playing time.

Lastly, if anybody has questioned (not saying anybody has) why Turbin is still on the team, I highly recommend you listen to his post-game interview with one of the Seattle reporters. All about the team, overcoming adversity - it just seems like he matches up with Coach Pete's philosophy perfectly. He even admitted he doesn't like and doesn't prefer playing full-back, but he still respects the position, and is willingly playing it, "because that's what the team needs from me right now. It's not about me. It's always, always and forever about the team, and doing what is best for us as a team."

Also - was glad to see Willson redeem himself with the TD catch, but after seeing the replays and how he was holding the football after the grab...it seems pretty lucky he hung onto it.

Go Hawks!