We need to re-design our analytic system

Chawker

Reaction score
The one thing that our system lacks is size. 6'0" DT, the OL has good size to them. MLB small, same with the CBs, I feel this draft went off the rails when John traded the 102 pick. We could of drafted Hicks or Grey.

I know one thing our analytics system needs to incroperate size into its system or the eggheads running it will working there poorly design crap to somebody else.

Cheers

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Already problems with the draft??

I gotta say, let them play a year or two and then we can safely evaluate the draft class….

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
We could of drafted Grey and Hicks. But instead reached for knight and a blocking TE we could of drafted a round later.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Gotta respect a man who's willing to put his opinion out there, knowing full well that it will resurface in a year or two if he's wrong.

If he's right, Chawker deserves to rub it in.

Let it play out.

Last edited:

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Gotta respect a man who's willing to put his opinion out there, knowing full well that it will resurface in a year or two if he's wrong.

If he's right, Chawker deserves to rub it in.

Let it play out.
You often can't do the what if's even is retrospect. Par for a 4th round pick is to make the squad as a back-up. If Knight gets cut then he failed ot meet expectations and can probably say he was a reach. We will probably never know whether Barner would be available in the 5th though I do remember when one Mediot said the Seahawks could have drafted Russell Wilson in the 4th or 5th the Eagles came out and said they would have taken him with the very next pick.

If Grey and Hicks do well (or badly for that matter) there is no proff they would have also done the same with us.

BASF

Reaction score
Some of the best DT are barely above six feet. No idea why you think that matters.

You state that MLB is small, but then bring up drafting Grey. Shocking that Knight is only one pound lighter than that mountain of a man Grey. Grey is two inches taller, again not sure why you think that matters. Grey's pathetic shuttle time (only sixth percentile) and horrible bench (only fifteenth percentile) means he is a much worse athlete than Knight. But, hey he is taller by two inches. His vertical was only one inch higher, so once again a worse athlete than Knight.

The corners being light in the pants is a bit concerning. I believe that James being so thin is the only reason he wasn't drafted in the second round.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
In 2023 Knight was a tackling machine he was #4 in FBS in solo tackles with 84, Payton Wilson has 72 who people were claiming to be the best LB in the class. The most important physical metric for LBs IMO is the 10 yd split he had 1.59 seconds which is WR class. As long as Knight has decent instincts I expect him to be a starter in the near future

Jville

Reaction score
The one thing that our system lacks is size. 6'0" DT, the OL has good size to them. MLB small, same with the CBs, I feel this draft went off the rails when John traded the 102 pick. We could of drafted Hicks or Grey.

I know one thing our analytics system needs to incroperate size into its system or the eggheads running it will working there poorly design crap to somebody else.

Cheers

You'll get thru any lingering disappoints in draft outcomes. Most of us do. I think these off season moves and personnel changes forecast what the next team will look like. That is what I'm focused on. There certainly has been a lot of changes this year.

I appreciate and enjoyed your posts and Seahawks passion. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts. Life is a journey. A trip.

Enjoy the moment. Because, there will be no refunds.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We could of drafted Grey and Hicks. But instead reached for knight and a blocking TE we could of drafted a round later.
Come on man, you have no way of knowing if either of those guys were going to be available the next round. Nobody does.
Just more shoulda coulda stuff that we don't actually know. It's pure guessing, speculating and/or just complaining for the sake of complaining.
People complain about draft picks all the time, and that's fine. But we won't actually know for a couple of years if it was a great draft or not.