Random Musings (Raiders)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-- Took my daughter to her first regular season game today. Thought the Raiders would be a safe bet. Whoops.

-- How can a team turn it around on all levels and play lights out for 4 straight games only to turn around again and look like the garbage team they mostly were in September? Defense has regressed to September against the Bucs and Raiders. Run defense is once again putrid. What has happened??

-- Where has our running game gone? One of the things I've noticed is K9 likes to hesitate and shift laterally a bit too much instead of hitting the hole and more often than not it bites him in the ass.

-- Today's crowd was weird. Late arriving, very lethargic in general. Volume level maybe 6? 7? Sure, there were some loud moments sprinkled in but overall it sounded like a preseason crowd. Is it because it was against the AFC 3-7 Raiders? The first game against Wilson and the Broncos was Volume 12. Playoff loud. What a dichotomy.

-- There were FAR too many Raiders fans in attendance. Disgusting actually. If I had to guess I would say close to 20,000. A lot of black in the stands and man are they obnoxious. SO glad we only see them every 4 years. How in the hell is there that many Raiders fans coming to a game in Seattle?

-- Geno's stats were not terrible today. Still showed some good things but he was just off today. That pick was terrible. And my number one complaint all year with him is he is a statue in the pocket and takes too many sacks. They need to have more designated roll out/bootlegs much more often. Tired of watching him move when it's too late.

-- I get I am middle aged and might not be as in touch as I used to be with today's music but damn a lot of the music they play between plays, breaks, etc just flat out sucks. Parking rates have skyrocketed and frankly walking to and from the game is creepy and scary at times. I've been a STH since 1997 and I am legit thinking of giving up my status this offseason. A hell of a lot cheaper to watch the game at home...A much better view, private bathroom feet away, open bar and kitchen...Nice and warm...Hmmm....

-- Very disapointed in these last two losses that easily should have been wins but this young team has regressed. Maybe it's typical growing pains? Who knows. I guess 6-5 is still house money at this stage. I still enjoy the hell out of this team and think they have more wins than losses to finish the year but who knows?! Weird year across the league. Go Hawks.

4ever12

Reaction score
While the team was obviously flawed, the NFL handed this game to the Raiders. We will get an apology for the crap calls, but that's the same garbage we got in SB XL. It does us no good

4ever12

Reaction score
But Aros, I love you for your observations and dedication to make this site what it is. I haven't commented much before this game (with this name) but I can't take the continued BS calls. It just seems so obviously rigged.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I admit, being at the game, I didn't have the luxury of what people see on TV with the better and close up shots and commentary but it was quite clear the refs were, how do I say, "favorable" to the Raiders so it appeared in person.