Lynch isnt loyal to Seattle, how about Suh?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":vwlyr78t said:
volsunghawk":vwlyr78t said:
12thManHawkFan":vwlyr78t said:
kearly":vwlyr78t said:
As long as Lynch is under contract, I am okay with him being the RB version of Brett Favre. If he were a free agent it would be a bit trickier, but as things stand now, he could decide to play in August and he'd be ready to suit up right away since he's still under contract.

Regarding loyalty, Lynch is obviously a loyal person. He's just... different. His brain fires synapses in a way that is foreign to the rest of us. That may be cumbersome to the FO and annoying to fans, but that doesn't mean he's doing it to be an ass. He's just a different kind of person that goes through life in a different way than most of us.

Thanks for the reply Kearly, its nice to have some actual thoughtful discussion instead of just getting bashed and insulted for having an opposing opinion.

To be fair, yours isn't "an opposing opinion."

It's a thread that claims in its title that Lynch "isn't loyal to Seattle," questions his devotion to the team, downplays his importance to the run game, and suggests that he's got some kind of "problem" just because he's not publicly talking up the team to your liking or generating any news about a contract extension... all in an entire 11 days after the season ended.

It's one thing to raise valid questions about whether Lynch is going to return. It's another entirely to perform this sort of character assassination just because your nose is tweaked.

Character assasination? I said I think Lynch loves his football and his teammates, i said I love Lynch. Why is it downplaying his importance to believe the team can be successful without him?

My OPINION is he doesnt give a crap about Seattle or his fans here, and that opinion has at least been acknowledged by some, but most everyone seems to think it doesnt even matter.

I completely agree with a few that have said this wouldnt even be a thing if Lynch wasnt one of the most socially awkward figures in sports.

How is it a "thing" right now though? I think that is the most confusing aspect of your point. It's been 11 days since the Super Bowl and you are concerned that one of our players, regardless of who he is, has not responded publicly to his contract issues. Of which, by the way, do not need to be addressed at the moment. He is under contract.

Your point then digresses into his feelings towards the city or its fans, based entirely on his lack of addressing something that does not need to be addressed.

I am just confused by the route with which you drew your point from.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":301fyian said:
volsunghawk":301fyian said:
To be fair, yours isn't "an opposing opinion."

It's a thread that claims in its title that Lynch "isn't loyal to Seattle," questions his devotion to the team, downplays his importance to the run game, and suggests that he's got some kind of "problem" just because he's not publicly talking up the team to your liking or generating any news about a contract extension... all in an entire 11 days after the season ended.

It's one thing to raise valid questions about whether Lynch is going to return. It's another entirely to perform this sort of character assassination just because your nose is tweaked.

Character assasination? I said I think Lynch loves his football and his teammates, i said I love Lynch. Why is it downplaying his importance to believe the team can be successful without him?

My OPINION is he doesnt give a crap about Seattle or his fans here, and that opinion has at least been acknowledged by some, but most everyone seems to think it doesnt even matter.

I completely agree with a few that have said this wouldnt even be a thing if Lynch wasnt one of the most socially awkward figures in sports.

When you claim that he doesn't give a crap about Seattle or his fans, based only on your perception of him and his lack of interest in jovially engaging with the media to discuss anything, that's definitely character assassination. There's no evidence other than what you're projecting on him. It's only a "thing" because your mind makes it one.

But don't mind me. It's long been one of my pet peeves about .NET that people like to pretend that they know how a particular player feels or thinks about any number of topics based on things like body language, innocuous comments, Twitter posts, etc. And apparently, now by a lack of those things, too.

Jville

Reaction score
The future of Marshawn Lynch and the future of Ndamukong Suh have nothing to do with one another. Their career paths are totally independent of one another.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
How is it a "thing" right now though? I think that is the most confusing aspect of your point. It's been 11 days since the Super Bowl and you are concerned that one of our players, regardless of who he is, has not responded publicly to his contract issues. Of which, by the way, do not need to be addressed at the moment. He is under contract.

Your point then digresses into his feelings towards the city or its fans, based entirely on his lack of addressing something that does not need to be addressed.

The route came from thinking about the Hawks being held hostage by the silent one. If we have an opportunity to mitigate losing him, but somehow end up missing the opportunity because Lynch decides to hold out, and then god forbid drop the R word or ask to be traded you dont think that will have huge implications on next year?

If we sign him for 2-3 more years whats going to stop him from holding out every single year, leaving the organization and fan base questioning and hoping he will agree to fullfill his contract obligations.

The combine starts next week, free angency is one month away, if you all think its too early to be thinking about it, thats cool. But when does it begin to become a problem? When would you hope Lynch would at least give JS a hint of an idea of what he is thinking? Because right now from what I heard JS has no freaking clue what his intentions are, and that is where this all stems from.

Basis4day

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2f8eru89 said:

The route came from thinking about the Hawks being held hostage by the silent one. If we have an opportunity to mitigate losing him, but somehow end up missing the opportunity because Lynch decides to hold out, and then god forbid drop the R word or ask to be traded you dont think that will have huge implications on next year?

If we sign him for 2-3 more years whats going to stop him from holding out every single year, leaving the organization and fan base questioning and hoping he will agree to fullfill his contract obligations.

The combine starts next week, free angency is one month away, if you all think its too early to be thinking about it, thats cool. But when does it begin to become a problem? When would you hope Lynch would at least give JS a hint of an idea of what he is thinking? Because right now from what I heard JS has no freaking clue what his intentions are, and that is where this all stems from.

I think you're presuming that JS doesn't have a date in mind in which he absolutely needs to know what Lynch's intentions are.

Lynch and Turbin each have one year left on their contract. Michael has two. That is all the more obligation to make a move and acquire an additional RB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2ct42wzv said:

Aren't you selling Pete and John short? Don't you think they already have a plan A and plan B (and probably a plan C and D) in place depending on if Lynch agrees to the extension or tells them he's not ready to make a decision until OTA's or even training camp?

My guess is their draft board is stacked full of RB options in each and every round. Lynch was under contract when we drafted Turbin and Michael, so I don't know why people are worried that we won't continue to draft Lynch's replacement until we find the right one........regardless of whether he extends or not.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Look inside yourself. Do you need to see loyalty from Lynch to give it of yourself to him? As soon as someone dawns the green and blue, I got their back. I don't ask this person to love me back. I ask them to represent the logo and give all they have while they wear it. None give more effort while wearing it than he.

We question these peoples allegiance to us? Why? He can be cut as a business decision at any moment, or traded away (Percy). And because we milk the words of the few and it plays with our emotions, (Russell "forever") we NEED it from all?

I think I hear what the op is saying, and yes, it feels great to know for sure he loves us. But everything else about the man has shown you, he is loyal to those who are loyal to him. I don't expect him to gush over the organization, because the only way to see that is through the media, which he loathes. Dude returned a wallet to a 12. Actions speak louder than words.

I believe he is a good man, so my loyalty to him for what he's been for us, is to support him at this juncture of his career. Important decisions to be made and since he wears the blue and green, he has my support, no matter his decision. I give him my loyalty, not in return of his to me.

captSE

Reaction score
Isn't loyal? Maybe you're not loyal hahaha.
I wouldn't read into what you might think he's thinking......

:stirthepot:

Rocket

Reaction score
Why is the consumption of alcohol an excuse for poor behavior???
It never worked for me, why should it work for others?

Rat

Reaction score
I respect guys who hold out, and if Lynch doesn't get an extension, I hope he does it again. He takes so much physical abuse, he should be getting every dime he can. I don't think that would make him unloyal.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure what can be said to answer this speculative post. How about Suh? If he left Detroit, wouldn't that make him another un-loyal player, given your criteria for loyalty? Anyone spewing loyalty between a player and an organization needs to reconsider how that is judged.

A Franchise QB probably is the most likely player to ever have such a mythical relationship. The only loyalty a player has is with his teammates. There is an obligation due to his coaches and a respect for the fanbase. Players are coached up here to give verbal bouquets to the fans and expected to show respect to their coaches when dealing with the media.

Anything above that is just something a player can develop but it is folly to think loyalty is a two way street that never closes. Fans turn on players, coaches need to nurture those that help keep them successful and organizations need to balance the budget.

Expecting anything more is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. Lynch cares about his home town as a life-long crusade. Buffalo and Seattle helped him provide a way to funnel some of his success back into the area he cares about. He seems to respect and appreciate the fans but he would be blind not to see some of the negative backlash he got from his DUIs here and in Buffalo as well as his brief hold-out last year.

Lynch doesn't owe me as a fan any kind of loyalty. I owe him thanks for helping this organization reach heights they hadn't had since I started following them in 1979.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm going to be extremely disappointed if he leaves or retires.

But loyalty is for family and friends, not the NFL.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2v9b4r84 said:

Everything you described is the business of football and has nothing to do with sentiments, assumed or otherwise.

As for the other, I am not worried. He will either stay or retire.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Imagine that you run a business and one of your employees is really great at what he does. He has contributed a lot to your success, but when you sit down for the end of the year performance review and talk to him he asks for a raise and says he's thinking about doing something else if he doesn't get one.

Do you:
1) Immediately fire him for being 'disloyal'?
2) Work with him to see if you can find a compromise that will still benefit both of you?

I bet most here know somebody who would go with option #1 and have hated (or would really hate) working with or for them. Employment is not about loyalty but about a mutually beneficial arrangement.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if they actually flippen trusted him at the end of the Super Bowl, I think his decision would have been made a lot easier. They flat out ignored him AGAIN down in the red zone. Bevell has done this numerous times.
I wouldn't blame him if he was angry enough to at least have to chill a little. It was a slap in the face to not run the best running back in football in that position. Nobody in the league is better after contact, nobody.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k8txfwqp said:
Well, if they actually flippen trusted him at the end of the Super Bowl, I think his decision would have been made a lot easier. They flat out ignored him AGAIN down in the red zone. Bevell has done this numerous times.
I wouldn't blame him if he was angry enough to at least have to chill a little. It was a slap in the face to not run the best running back in football in that position. Nobody in the league is better after contact, nobody.
Agreed!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":gn6ekzpc said:

You do remember they gave him the ball the play before that, right?

I mean, yeah, I wouldn't have called a pass play there, either. But it's not like they ignored him. I would have preferred if they had run it 4 straight times, sure, but I don't think the pass play was a slight toward Lynch. I just think they believed that they wouldn't turn it over right there and figured they had the TD guaranteed, so they played the matchups instead of just going with our identity.

seahawks3732

Reaction score
To say that the running game wouldn't suffer that much without lynch is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Lynch turns nothing into 4/5 yards multiple times a game and takes what should be a decent gain into a huge one. Lets not forget the running game before marshawn.