Lynch isnt loyal to Seattle, how about Suh?

Rob12

Reaction score
Give the man some time to figure out his future. His body is beat to a pulp at this point in the year.

Relax.

Ranker777

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2agrhjor said:
Scottemojo":2agrhjor said:
Who cares if he loves Seattle or the fans? He plays hard when it matters.

This emo stuff is silly.

Why is it emo to question if he has any loyalty for the organization and fanbase that he plays for? I think its a legit question. Dont you think if he holds out late into the offseason its going to impact the decisions that will be made in free agency and the draft?

If his indecision is based on wear and tear than why in the hell are we looking to lock him down for several years and spend all this money on him?

I think the only reason he hasnt signed on the dotted line is due to loyalty, of which i think he is severely lacking.

It sucks to feel this way about it, but like I asked, is there any evidence anywhere that Lynch WANTS to be a Seahawk?

SMH

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The minute Lynch rushes for less than 100 yards, those fans demanding his loyalty will ask for him to be cut ruthlessly and will question management for signing him to any contracts.
Fans should stop being selfish and look themselves in a mirror. This is a freaking business. Players should maximize their earnings while they can and do what's best for themselves and their family.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":18t453y4 said:
Scottemojo":18t453y4 said:
12thManHawkFan":18t453y4 said:
Scottemojo":18t453y4 said:

This emo stuff is silly.

Why is it emo to question if he has any loyalty for the organization and fanbase that he plays for? I think its a legit question. Dont you think if he holds out late into the offseason its going to impact the decisions that will be made in free agency and the draft?

If his indecision is based on wear and tear than why in the hell are we looking to lock him down for several years and spend all this money on him?

I think the only reason he hasnt signed on the dotted line is due to loyalty, of which i think he is severely lacking.

It sucks to feel this way about it, but like I asked, is there any evidence anywhere that Lynch WANTS to be a Seahawk?
How many touchdowns did he have last year? Did the Hawks get their money's worth? They certainly did. So how can a single person blame Lynch for wanting to get paid? Besides, he is under contract for one more year anyway.

You summed it up in your last sentence. It sucks to feel this way. Why do you need evidence Lynch wants to be a Hawk? So you feel better?

Ya i want to feel better about it, I love this team, and want to know what his problem is. He held out last season for more money, well he has an offer now...now what is the problem?

I was completely estatic when the news broke before the Superbowl about his extention and the fact that he hasnt even uttered a single word about his intentions yet is a bit of a slap in the face.

Who doesnt want to feel better about the team right now, why are you being so condescending about the topic, this is THE conversation that is being slammed down our throats right now.

Is this serious?

I think you need to apply some perspective and not simple assumption to this topic.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Loyalty to the fans and front office is a real silly notion, and has been since we've had a salary cap. He produces tough yards and has his teammates back in all ways, shapes and forms. The only thing that I wish he would do is at least show up to some of the optional mini camps just to set an example to the youngsters, but that's a very minor complaint. He absolutely owes no 'loyalty' at all to the management or the fans. That is utterly ridiculous.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":nhk5gvsx said:
Scottemojo":nhk5gvsx said:
12thManHawkFan":nhk5gvsx said:
Scottemojo":nhk5gvsx said:

This emo stuff is silly.

How many touchdowns did he have last year? Did the Hawks get their money's worth? They certainly did. So how can a single person blame Lynch for wanting to get paid? Besides, he is under contract for one more year anyway.

You summed it up in your last sentence. It sucks to feel this way. Why do you need evidence Lynch wants to be a Hawk? So you feel better?

Ya i want to feel better about it, I love this team, and want to know what his problem is. He held out last season for more money, well he has an offer now...now what is the problem?

I was completely estatic when the news broke before the Superbowl about his extention and the fact that he hasnt even uttered a single word about his intentions yet is a bit of a slap in the face.

Who doesnt want to feel better about the team right now, why are you being so condescending about the topic, this is THE conversation that is being slammed down our throats right now.

You don't know a single real detail about that offer. Not one. Which makes your whole post a leap to a conclusion. You are fitting supposed facts to feelings, not the other way around, which would be logical. So sorry, I apologize for assuming you look at things the same way I do.

Why people let the business side of sports get so emotional I have no idea. Maybe I am too stoic, but worrying about shit I have no control over is a waste. Marshawn might want to retire. He might want to play for the Raiders. He might want more money than Seattle is offering. Maybe they withdrew the offer when he didn't sign it. There are plent of reasons besides Lynch Hates Seattle that nothing has been done yet.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":tzgo9m1r said:
Scottemojo":tzgo9m1r said:

This emo stuff is silly.

Is there any "evidence" anywhere that Lynch DOESN'T WANT to be a Seahawk?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3ixfetta said:
The minute Lynch rushes for less than 100 yards, those fans demanding his loyalty will ask for him to be cut ruthlessly and will question management for signing him to any contracts.
Fans should stop being selfish and look themselves in a mirror. This is a freaking business. Players should maximize their earnings while they can and do what's best for themselves and their family.
Lynch rushed for less than 100 a lot the past 2 seasons and no one has asked for him to be cut that I know of.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I love conjecture talks based on emotional responses that have nothing tangible to be able to reply to.

[youtube]CMNry4PE93Y[/youtube]

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Look, i was drinking last night, so there is that lol. But the content is relavent. Mitch asked JS point blank yesterday about this very topic. If you dont think it matters, thats fine. But if Lynch asks to be traded or he will retire, wont you feel betrayed a little bit? I think if you say no, your lying. Just my opinion.

If he holds out and it impacts our decisions in free agency, then he drops his retirement or is traded Im going to be pissed. Thats all Im saying.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2k5cxqvw said:
Look, i was drinking last night, so there is that lol. But the content is relavent. Mitch asked JS point blank yesterday about this very topic. If you dont think it matters, thats fine. But if Lynch asks to be traded or he will retire, wont you feel betrayed a little bit? I think if you say no, your lying. Just my opinion.

If he holds out and it impacts our decisions in free agency, then he drops his retirement or is traded Im going to be pissed. Thats all Im saying.

So you are saying I'm a liar because I wouldn't feel betrayed at all? Get off your high horse and count yourself lucky this thread isn't in the shack.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
The man give his all to the team, and this city, every game he plays, and some people can't even give him two weeks to rest and think about a decision. He doesn't owe us anything, I am very pleased with what he has given us over the years, and if he decided not to come back, I would understand. Give him some time, he has freaking earned it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2kla1r8q said:
The man give his all to the team, and this city, every game he plays, and some people can't even give him two weeks to rest and think about a decision. He doesn't owe us anything, I am very pleased with what he has given us over the years, and if he decided not to come back, I would understand. Give him some time, he has freaking earned it.

:13:

Thank you for posting this before I had to.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
You don't question Lynch's loyalty when he goes out and plays every game with a bad back. So many NFL players would milk that to take weeks off at a time.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
With what Lynch does for this team, he has earned every right to take his time each offseason to decide whether he wants to go through with it any longer.

I'll admit that I'd be upset if Lynch decided he wanted to play somewhere else, but I don't even know why anyone is bringing that up. I haven't seen a single thing that suggests he wants to be on a different team; that's just stupid fan speculation. I don't see him actively wanting to ditch his teammates and ditch the coaches who helped change his career from "likely bust in Buffalo" to "best RB in the league." I've never heard a word from him that indicates he's less than thrilled to play in front of the 12th man, either.

The retirement thing is an altogether different animal. I can see him wanting to leave the game before he has to be wheeled out. I can see him walking away in order to do what he can to preserve his quality of life post-NFL. And if he chooses to do that this offseason, I'll be disappointed that I don't get to watch him play for us any longer, but I'd support his decision 100%.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am floored that after all Lynch has done for this team, anyone would feel the right to be able to point a finger at him for anything.

One thing Lynch does is give his everything. Plenty of players come in, upset about a contract or having recently gotten their big contract and proceed to half-ass it the rest of the way. Lynch gets more yards after contact than any other player in YEARS. Clearly not a lack of effort.

At the same time, go back and look at another back that did that - Earl Campbell. Then check what kind of life he had after football. If Lynch is having back problems or any other problems, he has every right to step back and walk away. People demanding "loyalty" are not the ones that have to live with the physical consequences of that decision.

Anyone that has ever hurt their back knows how much it sucks. Do we really feel our "rights" as fans outweigh the long term health of one of our players that has sacrificed his health for the team repeatedly already?

People are upset because they know without Lynch our chances go way down. He is an otherworldly back, HOF quality. But I wouldn't consider it lack of loyalty if he left, he earned the right already.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":39k4vvfb said:
The question I have is this, does Lynch even care about Seattle or his fans here? Because honestly I dont know if he does. Is there any tangible evidence anywhere that proves he wants to be a part of this team next year? Do we want to be held hostage by his dead silent approach year after year?.

It's a two way street. You can't chastise Lynch for some sort of perception that he's not loyal and not chastise the Hawks FO for continually making plans to push him out the door.

Let's be honest, one of the biggest sticking points last off season when Lynch held out was because our FO was unwilling to extend him again. Add in drafting C-Mike and that probably didn't make Marshawn feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I do think he loves Seattle, his teammates and the fans.........but loyalty? I don't think that word exists in professional sports. It's a business, a cold hard business. The players know that, and the team knows that.......and you as a fan should know that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1e3nan8z said:
Let's be honest, one of the biggest sticking points last off season when Lynch held out was because our FO was unwilling to extend him again. Add in drafting C-Mike and that probably didn't make Marshawn feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Honestly, I think both sides in that negotiation had valid points.

If Lynch believed that the team was planning to move on from him after the 2014 season, and there were certainly reports that this was believed to be the case, then moving as much money from 2015 into 2014 makes perfect sense for him.

Likewise, Schneider referred to that issue recently when he said the team does not want to extend players who still have 2 years left on their deals because it sets a precedent that would have players in a line outside his door.

That's an example of both parties making business decisions and doing what they can to find a compromise. No one should fault Lynch or the FO for that situation or question their devotion to winning a championship for the city of Seattle as a result.