Lynch isnt loyal to Seattle, how about Suh?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":f5g8eb2u said:
That's an example of both parties making business decisions and doing what they can to find a compromise. No one should fault Lynch or the FO for that situation or question their devotion to winning a championship for the city of Seattle as a result.

Absolutely, I just don't like fans pulling the "loyal" card. Loyalty doesn't exist, on either side, it just doesn't.

When in doubt, trust Lynch's teammates, not the media..........and all we've heard since Lynch has been here is he's a fantastic teammate who loves playing the game of football. That's all I need to hear, and why I think he'll be back.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qjpaktv said:
volsunghawk":1qjpaktv said:
That's an example of both parties making business decisions and doing what they can to find a compromise. No one should fault Lynch or the FO for that situation or question their devotion to winning a championship for the city of Seattle as a result.

Absolutely, I just don't like fans pulling the "loyal" card. Loyalty doesn't exist, on either side, it just doesn't.

When in doubt, trust Lynch's teammates, not the media..........and all we've heard since Lynch has been here is he's a fantastic teammate who loves playing the game of football. That's all I need to hear, and why I think he'll be back.

Right, I'm pretty much in agreement with you. I think there can be some "loyalty" if a player finds himself in a good situation with coaches he trusts and teammates he loves, but it's still a business in the end, and careers are short.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I've been lying low and nursing my deep SB wound, but I have to opine here:

Marshawn Lynch cares more about loyalty than essentially every Seahawk ever. Questioning him in that regard is silly. The man has earned every single yard he's gotten in this league. He's a HOF bubble player (longevity is his only hurdle). He's sacrificed his long-term health for his team and the fans, and the decision to not run him on 2nd and .5 cost us a Super Bowl win. If anything, the team was not loyal to him, and not the other way around.

And to replace him on the payroll with Suh? High, high comedy.

The sooner these flaky 2-year old Hawk fans fade away, the better.

chris98251

Reaction score
Let me ask about loyalty, I hire you to work for me. Lets take you and put you in a boxing ring, you can have the ehadgear, now lets take three heavyweights and let them pound on your body in 15 second intervals for 15 minutes 5 days a week or so, now after apprxoimently 25 weeks of this. I am going to ask you if you want to do it again next year.

If you don't are you disloyal?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2lnsfuma said:
Let me ask about loyalty, I hire you to work for me. Lets take you and put you in a boxing ring, you can have the ehadgear, now lets take three heavyweights and let them pound on your body in 15 second intervals for 15 minutes 5 days a week or so, now after apprxoimently 25 weeks of this. I am going to ask you if you want to do it again next year.

According to the OP, I would be disloyal to you, your company and the city in which the boxing ring sits.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3lwbhrjb said:
chris98251":3lwbhrjb said:

According to the OP, I would be disloyal to you, your company and the city in which the boxing ring sits.

Well it's about the best off the top of my head example of what Lynch takes as punishment on his body every week.

grizbob

Reaction score
chris98251":26lhgott said:

Money talks :stirthepot: but your point is valid :th2thumbs:

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":h27e9qmo said:
Give the man some time to figure out his future. His body is beat to a pulp at this point in the year.

Relax.

This ^. Lynch just got his ass kicked for 5 months, give him a few weeks to mend up and see how he feels. Dude leaves it all on the field every week.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2jy3wae2 said:
IrishNW":2jy3wae2 said:
12thManHawkFan":2jy3wae2 said:
Listening to either KJR or 710 this morning, dont remember which show, I heard the situation we are in with Lynch compared to the situation Green Bay was in with Brett Farve for a number of years. They said Brett would hold the team hostage every offseason because he was so damn non-commital in the offseason from year to year.

The question I have is this, does Lynch even care about Seattle or his fans here? Because honestly I dont know if he does. Is there any tangible evidence anywhere that proves he wants to be a part of this team next year? Do we want to be held hostage by his dead silent approach year after year?

Honestly, I love Beastmode, but I think we should let him playout his contract, if he Retires..draft Gurley or somebody else. Go get Suh for the difference. Hell at least we know Suh desires to be here, and I dont think the Running game is going to take that big of a hit without Lynch. With a healthy RG3, Washington, not Seattle, had the best rushing game in the NFL. The dual threat of RW+good RB= Great rushing attack, with or without Lynch.

Do you care about Lynch and his compressed vertebrae in his back? Or do you just want him to get you another superbowl at the cost of his health?

Did I say marshawn should suck it up and honor his contract that he signed? Didnt think so, but hey thanks for your presumptions.
And you aren't being the least bit "Presumptuous"??.... LOL, Yeah Okay.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2u2kilpb said:
I have seen zero evidence that he's not "loyal" to the team and the city. But of course, people will often see what they want to.
Yep, it's called presumption.

kearly

Reaction score
As long as Lynch is under contract, I am okay with him being the RB version of Brett Favre. If he were a free agent it would be a bit trickier, but as things stand now, he could decide to play in August and he'd be ready to suit up right away since he's still under contract.

Regarding loyalty, Lynch is obviously a loyal person. He's just... different. His brain fires synapses in a way that is foreign to the rest of us. That may be cumbersome to the FO and annoying to fans, but that doesn't mean he's doing it to be an ass. He's just a different kind of person that goes through life in a different way than most of us.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":2c6lrclw said:
As long as Lynch is under contract, I am okay with him being the RB version of Brett Favre. If he were a free agent it would be a bit trickier, but as things stand now, he could decide to play in August and he'd be ready to suit up right away since he's still under contract.

Regarding loyalty, Lynch is obviously a loyal person. He's just... different. His brain fires synapses in a way that is foreign to the rest of us. That may be cumbersome to the FO and annoying to fans, but that doesn't mean he's doing it to be an ass. He's just a different kind of person that goes through life in a different way than most of us.

Thanks for the reply Kearly, its nice to have some actual thoughtful discussion instead of just getting bashed and insulted for having an opposing opinion.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3tua3k7p said:
kearly":3tua3k7p said:

Thanks for the reply Kearly, its nice to have some actual thoughtful discussion instead of just getting bashed and insulted for having an opposing opinion.

To be fair, yours isn't "an opposing opinion."

It's a thread that claims in its title that Lynch "isn't loyal to Seattle," questions his devotion to the team, downplays his importance to the run game, and suggests that he's got some kind of "problem" just because he's not publicly talking up the team to your liking or generating any news about a contract extension... all in an entire 11 days after the season ended.

It's one thing to raise valid questions about whether Lynch is going to return. It's another entirely to perform this sort of character assassination just because your nose is tweaked.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I was the first caller that day. From the 609 NJ and they were asking the question what would you do if you were the GM. I said I would wait it out and pay him. I don't see us winning a championship without him. He's been the backbone of this offense and I want to win now. Win while we still have this chip on our shoulder. We have a huge chance to get back to the Superbowl. Let's not squander that.

Northhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":39fydby1 said:
12thManHawkFan":39fydby1 said:
kearly":39fydby1 said:

It's a thread that claims in its title that Lynch "isn't loyal to Seattle," questions his devotion to the team, downplays his importance to the run game, and suggests that he's got some kind of "problem" just because he's not publicly talking up the team to your liking or generating any news about a contract extension... all in an entire 11 days after the season ended.

It's one thing to raise valid questions about whether Lynch is going to return. It's another entirely to perform this sort of character assassination just because your nose is tweaked.

Totally agree. There is zero, nil, nada evidence that Lynch isn't loyal as the title of post suggests. To suggest he is disloyal is, as said by others is presumptuous and, I would add preposterous. He may actually be weighing whether he wants to play ball or it may be part of bargaining strategy, regardless neither make him disloyal and the OP has no way of knowing his state of mind.

Just like I have no way of knowing whether the OP's original post was an attempt to get attention and their number count up by starting a purposely incendiary thread. It may be or it might be just a honest question the OP has, I have no way of knowing their state of mind so I would never make such a preposterous accusation.

Even if this is a bargaining strategy, it's nothing new. This happens every time one of FAs set about negotiating a new deal. It's like red and blue state debate. There's those who think players should take hometown discounts and be thankful to be paid and then there's those who think the team should brake the bank. Everyone else falls in the middle.

I personally accept it's a business and like any other business smart people negotiate to maximize their value. It doesn't mean the player is disloyal, it means they're smart.

PS - all cards on the table, I'm a die-hard Lynch fan.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2frigz8u said:
12thManHawkFan":2frigz8u said:
kearly":2frigz8u said:

Character assasination? I said I think Lynch loves his football and his teammates, i said I love Lynch. Why is it downplaying his importance to believe the team can be successful without him?

My OPINION is he doesnt give a crap about Seattle or his fans here, and that opinion has at least been acknowledged by some, but most everyone seems to think it doesnt even matter.

I completely agree with a few that have said this wouldnt even be a thing if Lynch wasnt one of the most socially awkward figures in sports.