How do we feel about Charbonnet? Difference-maker or JAG?

Charbonnet, Difference-maker, JAG,

• Difference-maker! Great in pass-pro, got the tough yards, good receiver, key to this offense.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Yawn. Just A Guy. We coulda got a 5th or 6th rounder that would do the same for less.

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Jeez, give the guy a chance! He's a rookie, for Pete's sake! Bet he lights it up next year.

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Unimpressed. He's in danger of being cut in training camp next year.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I want to see more. He showed off some power and some shiftiness. Not sure what to make of him, didn't see nearly enough (for me).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. He looks like a good back, runs hard. I didn't expect a ton out of a rookie who is backing up a damn good RB.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I voted yawn. Drafted too high. Should have drafted a lineman in second round. Maybe Tuli Tuipoloto.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The drafting of Charbs a year after drafting Walker reminds me a bit of drafting John L. Williams after already having Curt Warner on the team. The main difference is that John L was a way better all around back than Charbs. John L was drafted to be the FB. He excelled at that but then also did really well as the feature back when Warner went down. There wasn't anything John L couldn't do. The fact that Charbs is the two minute back makes me think he is somewhat in the John L mode. Just not as overly talented. Yet. He strikes me as the type of player that will just consistently get better at what hes already pretty good at.

Slick

Reaction score
Compared to Chris Carson (keep in mind Chris was a 7th round pick) he looks like Chris but that's where it ends. Expect way more and from him next year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I’m hoping he gets better…so I voted give him a chance since he was a rookie…

But currently, he looks like a JAG…

But since this offensive line is somewhat atrocious, a lot of guys would probably look like a JAG.

Charbonnet is no Walker and he was drafted same 2nd round but Walker is more explosive, so, currently Walker is the more impactful player and Charbonnet looks like a pick Seattle could have/should have gone another way….
In my non expert opinion, with more carries and a year under his belt. If Seattle can get anywhere near having a functional line , he could be a good back.

Like someone else said , Walker tends to get a little banged up, Seattle is going to need this to happen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I didn't vote either as the choices definitely support the whole 'we're dissatisfied crowd so fire Pete who is the great evil' and the author of drafting another bum.

Charbonnet had a fair rookie season. Then again he wasn't sensational but quite adequate. He's a stronger runner than JAG but the play choices running limit any sensation plays. As well considering that these guy are usual met behind the LOs on a running play or seriously need to change directions b/c the OLine blocking schemes are deficient all our RBs all in all didn't have great seasons.

Where are the end runs, stretch plays, or the bubble screens? Waldron seems to never call those.

flv2

Reaction score
He had a screen pass when he ran down the field uncontested for 39 yards. Other than that he had 140 touches and didn't have a 25 yard play to his name. He doesn't break tackles, he doesn't make people miss, and he doesn't have enough speed to get or stay away. He blocks, he catches, and he runs hard, but those are prerequisites if you don't make big plays. He's a by-committee RB.

Jville

Reaction score
I think the running back room is in great shape for 2024. After a year of orientation, Charbonnet should make a solid jump in his production. Walker, Charbonnet, McIntosh & Bryant Koback are all signed up for 2024.

Of greater interest, to me, is the changing makeup of the linemen and tight end rooms. Changes to those rooms will have a substantial impact on the productivity of the 2024 offense.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
In my non expert opinion, with more carries and a year under his belt. If Seattle can get anywhere near having a functional line , he could be a good back.

Like someone else said , Walker tends to get a little banged up, Seattle is going to need this to happen.
Pretty much this.

It's hard to be down on him. His 4.3 ypc was not bad, Walker managed 4.1 for comparison- albeit in a different role. Always looks to run hard. Caught 33/40 targets for 6.3 ypc. Blocking I'm not too sure about, but I don't remember him getting blown up and they did keep using him. I don't find any of that disappointing considering the oline and his role generally behind Walker.

I'm sure the 2nd rounder they draft this year will be better j/k.

hawker84

Reaction score
Solid back, not a game breaker like K9. Still think Mackintosh is a better all around back. Weird he never saw the field.

Torc

Reaction score
I think Charbonett is fantastic, used in the right situations. I'd far rather have him than Walker in a 3rd and 1 or goal line situation. And I'd like to see more going back and forth between the two of them. No, he's not the breakaway back that Walker is, but he's also more of a pounder.