How do we feel about Charbonnet? Difference-maker or JAG?

Charbonnet, Difference-maker, JAG,

• Difference-maker! Great in pass-pro, got the tough yards, good receiver, key to this offense.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Yawn. Just A Guy. We coulda got a 5th or 6th rounder that would do the same for less.

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Jeez, give the guy a chance! He's a rookie, for Pete's sake! Bet he lights it up next year.

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Unimpressed. He's in danger of being cut in training camp next year.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

olyfan63

Reaction score
Charbonnet, difference-maker or JAG? I was hoping for a little more ability to find holes and break tackles at the LOS. Once he gets rolling, it's fine.
I suppose I was hoping for a little more impact from a 2nd rounder.

But, I may be glossing over Charbs' impact, e.g., as a blitz pickup guy, as a pass receiver, etc. And perhaps he'll have more impact next year with a year of experience and off-season work. Am I just not seeing the behind-the-scenes dirty work he does that makes things go?

Last edited:

Boycie

Reaction score
JAG. He definitely didn't have the impact K9 had in his rookie year. Hopefully he gets rolling next year with a year in the pros under his belt.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
1st year rookie, he did decent considering that. Next year though, I expect him to be better and make more of a difference.

James in PA

Reaction score
Somewhere between. He showed flashes, but I was hoping for a bit more. Not all his fault though, because AS USUAL the O line was an issue and couldn't create openings. I'm sure he'd do much better under a regime that knows how to assemble a proper O line.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I didn't like the choices, so I didn't vote.

There's nothing wrong with Charbonnet. Although I don't think he'll ever be a top 10 RB, he's a good change of pace back at a position that's very injury prone. Stand alone, he's worth the 2nd round pick we took him with.

My problem is that we don't have our priorities right IMO. We are dedicating too much draft capital to skill positions at the expense of the big uglies.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
A rookie and 2nd to Walker. Tough to be a standout with that.
Next year we should see more from him and get a better idea of what we have.

But I am fine with what I have seen from him. I like the kid.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
RB is a position where you can make an immediate impact as a RC. It may not all be there but you’ll see flashes.

I’m not seeing it with this guy. I’m all for a big back as a change of pace for K9 but not in the second round.

seabowl

Reaction score
As of right now, another “who pick“ with a high draft selection that didn’t live up to the slot they were picked up.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I think Charbs will be fine next year. He was thrust into starting for several games due to injury. Not to mention the injury plagued OLine. We never managed to get much of a running game going no matter who was in the backfield because of the line issues. Personally, I didn't care much for the line play at all. I don't remember seeing very many open lanes for the RBs to hit. Running game just all around sucked. Don't blame it on a rookie being a JAG. Derrick Henry would have found it hard to run behind that line mess.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Definitely can't asses how he is going to be after 1 season and bad scheming from an oc that hopefullyisnt back next year. His comparison out of college was Ryan Matthews which I can see many traits in. I just hope it's the better side of Matthews. I didnt expect him to bust out a 1000 yd season and imo he will behind walker for a while yet.

GemCity

Reaction score
I didn't like the choices, so I didn't vote.

There's nothing wrong with Charbonnet. Although I don't think he'll ever be a top 10 RB, he's a good change of pace back at a position that's very injury prone. Stand alone, he's worth the 2nd round pick we took him with.

My problem is that we don't have our priorities right IMO. We are dedicating too much draft capital to skill positions at the expense of the big uglies.
This.

Sonichound16

Reaction score
I think he will be fine and flashed a bit this year. I agree with the above posters about the lack of running lanes being the main issue. He and Walker are such different backs with Walker having that elusiveness and burst and Charbonnet being more of a bruiser. Just think of how many times Walker bounced it outside or to the complete opposite side of the field to make something out of nothing. Put Charbonnet behind a good line and give him touches and I think he is a 1,000 yard back.

renofox

Reaction score
Hard to tell. Let's see what happens if he someday runs behind an NFL-level Oline.

cymatica

Reaction score

This. Drafting some good o-line players in the 2nd and 3rd round would mitigate the need for a K9 type player having to run n the opposite direction of the o-line half the time.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
If there was an option between 2 and 3, that's where i would be. He clearly isn't an impact back, so spending a 2nd rounder on him after just drafting Walker the year before is perplexing. Walker can make things happen where Charbs really needs the O-Line to do their jobs so he can do his. Likewise, it's hard to get mad at the kid, as he did flash. I would've been happier getting him in the late 3rd or 4th round because I don't see him as an every down back in case Walker goes down (which has shown a tendency to do his first two seasons). I'd lean toward seeing how his second season comes together, and if we actually commit to having some kind of running game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Compared to Achane who lit it up for Miami, he was disappointing.

Unfortunately due to our coaching staff and trainers, I'm fully expecting him to regress next season and develop a fumbling issue out of nowhere which will need to be corrected the following off season.

He probably won't even make it to a second contract here and will be out the league in five years. Poor draft pick.

morgulon1

Reaction score
JAG. He definitely didn't have the impact K9 had in his rookie year. Hopefully he gets rolling next year with a year in the pros under his belt.
But in his defense , he didn't get close to the same opportunity. I do think KW3 is the main guy but Charbonett can be a great Seahawk IMHO

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m hoping he gets better…so I voted give him a chance since he was a rookie…

But currently, he looks like a JAG…

But since this offensive line is somewhat atrocious, a lot of guys would probably look like a JAG.

Charbonnet is no Walker and he was drafted same 2nd round but Walker is more explosive, so, currently Walker is the more impactful player and Charbonnet looks like a pick Seattle could have/should have gone another way….

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I
Compared to Achane who lit it up for Miami, he was disappointing.

Unfortunately due to our coaching staff and trainers, I'm fully expecting him to regress next season and develop a fumbling issue out of nowhere which will need to be corrected the following off season.

He probably won't even make it to a second contract here and will be out the league in five years. Poor draft pick.
I do think there were definitely better rbs taken after Charbonnet...but who knows maybe he goes off on another team