Lockette Tendered, Walters, and Schilling not tendered

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
and sometimes when adversity happens, players correct weaknesses.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I like that we are tendering Lockette and due to that most likely keeping him. He is great on ST. I just pray that by the time this next season's over we aren't being forced to heavily rely on Lockette due to injuries/lack of solid players at WR.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2a61nif8 said:
scutterhawk":2a61nif8 said:
Great ST gunner, but proven that he can't be relied on to make catches when the chips are down.
BUT, he's not completely to blame for Bevell's crap-call either, nor was it advisable for Wilson to throw with that much of a lead.
What?!

The ROOKIE Defender had a cleaner shot at making that catch, and Lockette didn't bust his butt to get to the ball.
Wilson should have thrown the ball lower, and more directly AT his Receiver, and it shouldn't have been thrown to the most hit & miss Receiver on the team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His effort to the ball was WEAK. Period.
And if you're talking about "should have" crap, the Defense "should have" held the 10 point lead :roll:
The win and lose as a team. Also, it IS ok to get credit to the opponent. Dude made an incredible play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2tygqufs said:
And if you're talking about "should have" crap, the Defense "should have" held the 10 point lead :roll:
The win and lose as a team. Also, it IS ok to get credit to the opponent. Dude made an incredible play.
Held the 10 point lead with the LOB all banged to rat-shit? :roll:

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3m9bhnfv said:

scutterhawk":3m9bhnfv said:
HawKnPeppa":3m9bhnfv said:
scutterhawk":3m9bhnfv said:
Great ST gunner, but proven that he can't be relied on to make catches when the chips are down.
BUT, he's not completely to blame for Bevell's crap-call either, nor was it advisable for Wilson to throw with that much of a lead.
What?!

The ROOKIE Defender had a cleaner shot at making that catch, and Lockette didn't bust his butt to get to the ball.
Wilson should have thrown the ball lower, and more directly AT his Receiver, and it shouldn't have been thrown to the most hit & miss Receiver on the team.

These were my sentiments for the first few weeks after the loss. But after reviewing the play numerous times I've come to the realization that the pick may not have necessarily been anyone's "fault", but rather that Butler just made an unbelievable play. When you look at the play through the eyes of both Wilson and Lockette neither player could actually even see that Butler was going to even be there. Butler was initially positioned away from Lockette on the other side of where Browner was lined up. When Lockette made his cut before Wilson is about to throw in the view of both Wilson and Lockette it likely appeared that the ball would be uncontested.

Butler moved like a flash. Neither Lockette or Wilson likely ever even knew he'd be there and figured Lockette would walk into the end zone with a quick little shot. Hind sight is always 20/20 and of course one could say that Wilson should have lead Lockette less with a throw more into the body and lower, and Lockette should have fought harder. But Lockette looked like he ran into a concrete post when Butler challenged the ball not because Lockette didn't fight hard enough, but because Lockette didn't even know he had to fight for the ball...he didn't even know Butler was there.

SoulfishHawk":3m9bhnfv said:
And if you're talking about "should have" crap, the Defense "should have" held the 10 point lead :roll: The win and lose as a team. Also, it IS ok to get credit to the opponent. Dude made an incredible play.

My sentiments exactly. Not looking to point blame on anyone anywhere more in one place than the other. But rather just remember that it takes a whole team to either win a game or lose a game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4ar76v78 said:
If you really want to talk should have", Darrell Bevell should have called a corner route where the pass is either incomplete or a TD, or a rollout by Russ dragging the TE over the middle so if he's not open the ball can be thrown out of the back of the end zone and thus incomplete or run a RO or hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch. Any of those 4 options "should have" been the play call.

It was on Bevell and Pete then and it still is.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2hyvevtf said:
That's some real quality reporting by Condotta.
HAHA! I was thinking the same thing. How many times are you going to correct yourself guy? I think they just want to get the breaking news out ASAP.