Statement from Jody, Pete , and John on Wilson

BamKam

Reaction score
But he said he always wanted to be a Seahawk! He said it multiple times!

Hawknight

Reaction score
That's it...I'll never trust him as long as he is a Seahawk..oh wait...nevermind :sarcasm_off:

Rat

Reaction score
Yeah, all that "I want to retire a Seahawk" BS was just Russ' fragile ego wanting to protect his image. Then he could make it seem like it wasn't him who wanted out.

James in PA

Reaction score
Russ is already giving a different account, saying it was definitely mutual and added that he may provide details in a future book.

So glad to be done with this drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aircrew

Reaction score
Russ is in Denver because Russ didn't want to be here. This divorce is all on Russell Wilson and no one else.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Of course he wanted to play elsewhere.

What sane QB wants to play under Pete if they can play under a competent offensive scheme?

The issue is whether he would have played here under someone else.

We had a choice between a decrepit, aging, HC with declining cognitive ability - and a HOF caliber QB that has carried this team for close to 4+ years. We chose the old worthless guy.

But the argument that Wilson was going to leave no matter what does not wash. Wilson went to Denver. Denver has less opportunities to build a global brand than here.

He went to Denver because they have a better roster.

He chose a complete mystery of a HC instead of the for sure thing of Carroll with his dinosaur offense.

He would rather pick a ? (complete mystery) of a coach instead of the known offensive failure that Carroll is.

It is a dumb statement to imply we had to trade Wilson because he wanted out. He wanted out because he was tired of carrying an aging useless HC.

Would he still be here if we shcanned Carroll and brought in a competent offensive coach? Probably. But instead we EXTENDED Carroll. And we got this.

Old. Tired. And Full Of Excuses. Nobody likes that crap. Why would he want to play QB for it?

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3fmbuvoc said:

What sane QB wants to play under Pete if they can play under a competent offensive scheme?

We had a choice between a decrepit, aging, HC with declining cognitive ability - and a HOF caliber QB that has carried this team for close to 4+ years. We chose the old worthless guy.

But the argument that Wilson was going to leave no matter what does not wash. Wilson went to Denver. Denver has less opportunities to build a global brand than here.

He chose a complete mystery of a HC instead of the for sure thing of Carroll with his dinosaur offense.

He would rather pick a ? (complete mystery) of a coach instead of the known offensive failure that Carroll is.

It is a dumb statement to imply we had to trade Wilson because he wanted out. He wanted out because he was tired of carrying an aging useless HC.

Old. Tired. And Full Of Excuses. Nobody likes that crap. Why would he want to play QB for it?

again PC was looking to trade him 3+ years ago. Wilson knew that You don't stay where you are not wanted.

As to PC and JS etc of course they will say that. What else would they say? Certainly not the truth.

James in PA

Reaction score
Russ should just man up and say that then.

misfit

Reaction score
No coincidence there are unified statements starting out the exact same way?

Russ was getting traded as soon as it was decided Pete was staying.

John63

Reaction score
James in PA":1linnygk said:
Russ should just man up and say that then.

Or PC and JS should man up and just say it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m not convinced Denver’s roster is so much better than Seattle’s.

Denver’s offensive line isn’t so much “better” than Seattle’s either.

Denver may have a slight advantage in the secondary and their pass rush may be better but they will still struggle in the AFC West like Wilson did in the NFC West.

Wilson may have been the best QB the Seahawks ever had but that doesn’t automatically mean, he will be the only good QB the Seahawks will ever have.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
John63":1m4m4oeo said:
TwistedHusky":1m4m4oeo said:

again PC was looking to trade him 3+ years ago. Wilson knew that You don't stay where you are not wanted.

As to PC and JS etc of course they will say that. What else would they say? Certainly not the truth.
Pete Carroll wanted to trade him 3+ years ago?

You have a source, John??

I need a source to believe it!

mistaowen

Reaction score
I mean let's be honest with ourselves. Russ wanted full autonomy of the offense like Mahomes has and that will never fly with Pete. No substantial overhaul of the OL ever took place. Schotty was the closest he got to running an offense through him and Pete parted ways. What Russ wants now will never jive with Pete's style and it was time for a divorce. Offense was unwatchable for entire halves of games. How many times did they go into half with like...25 total yards? Only one drive wasn't 3 and out?

I remember that Lions game a few years ago where they just ran them into the ground, something like 40+ carries. Russ simply hit a few easy big gains when needed and the OL feasted. That is everything Pete wants to see.

Now Russ has control of his offense with an offensive minded head coach on a team looking ready for a SB run. Pete gets cap space/draft picks to reload his defense and find the next point guard QB to facilitate the ball control offense. What we fans can hope for is Pete/JS are able to repeat what they previously did quickly. There are a bunch of core building DL guys in this draft that I hope they go and get.

This isn't to say I want PC over Russ, just that this was a needed divorce. And Jody chose Pete. So here we go.

John63

Reaction score
mistaowen":h4fvsyl6 said:
I mean let's be honest with ourselves. Russ wanted full autonomy of the offense like Mahomes has and that will never fly with Pete. No substantial overhaul of the OL ever took place. Schotty was the closest he got to running an offense through him and Pete parted ways. What Russ wants now will never jive with Pete's style and it was time for a divorce. Offense was unwatchable for entire halves of games. How many half times did they go into half with like...25 total yards? Only one drive wasn't 3 and out?

I remember that Lions game a few years ago where they just ran them into the ground, something like 40+ carries. Russ simply hit a few easy big gains when needed and the OL feasted. That is everything Pete wants to see.

Now Russ has control of his offense with an offensive minded head coach on a team looking ready for a SB run. Pete gets cap space/draft picks to reload his defense and find the next point guard QB to facilitate the ball control offense. What we fans can hope for is Pete/JS are able to repeat what they previously did quickly. There are a bunch of core building DL guys in this draft that I hope they go and get.

This isn't to say I want PC over Russ, just that this was a needed divorce. And Jody chose Pete. So here we go.

This^^

People need to remember this all started in 2018 when the Hawks talked with teams about trading Wilson. Then it determined from there. You don't stay were your not wanted and despite PCs rah rah stuff he was looking to trade Wilson in 2018.

Now time to move on and try to get the Hawks back to being a SB contender.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If we are going to be factual, then it started when Schneider went to Josh Allen's pro day and Wilson's camp flipped out about it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
mistaowen":1ulz4ybv said:
I mean let's be honest with ourselves. Russ wanted full autonomy of the offense like Mahomes has and that will never fly with Pete. No substantial overhaul of the OL ever took place. Schotty was the closest he got to running an offense through him and Pete parted ways. What Russ wants now will never jive with Pete's style and it was time for a divorce. Offense was unwatchable for entire halves of games. How many times did they go into half with like...25 total yards? Only one drive wasn't 3 and out?

Jody likely chose Pete because she has zero interest in learning enough about the football side of things to make the decisions that need to be made.

This is why Paul was the perfect owner. He was enough a fan of the sport to know what he needed to know to make the tough decisions that should be made from the top. Otherwise, he just let the people he put in place do the jobs he hired them for. I think it is unlikely Paul would have extended Pete.

Fade

Reaction score
Staying and wasting away in Seattle with this declining organization was not an option for Wilson.

The organization had to make the tough decision and take the keys away from grandpa. Revitalize it with a new, young offensive head coach, begin a new era. Instead they extended the old man, it was all down hill from there.

Jody chose Pete, she is the worst owner in the league.

Paul Allen's death was the death of us all…

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What matters most is not what happens to our roster now with FAs or signings.

What matters is who we get as a HC when Pete completely dries up. That is probably 2-5 years away, if we don't get shafted into him installing one of his friends or family members as the next HC or GM.

We just have to wait out the string.

It should be clear to everyone that the only QB we are getting is someone that cannot go literally anywhere else. Or someone that has no choice, because they are a rookie QB.

We are probably in line with the Giants in terms of being an attractive destination of a QB, maybe less because NYC at least gives you exposure.

Certainly the Browns and Panthers are more compelling than we are.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Wasn't there someone who said something about being sure Jody had a team of nfl experts who could whisper in her ear ways to turn the Hawks around and head in the right direction? My memory is fading more and more each day but I could've sworn I saw that somewhere in this forum...