Lockett could still be cut

Jville

Reaction score
He only costs about 7 million more to keep than to release. Where you going to find his level of production for 7 million?

Indeed, that's the 7.105 million dollar free agency question. Along with the question of what traits are most desirable for a yet to be built offense?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If Russell signs with Pittsburgh, offer them a trade of Lockett combined with one of our 3rd round picks (78) and our 7th (235) in exchange for their 2nd round pick (51). Now, equipped with a 2nd round pick, Seattle can stay at 16 and pick bpa, or, trade back and aquire more picks.

Draft Jha'Quan Jackson in the 3rd/4th to replace Lockett.

Or Have Bobo/Eskridge battle it out.

Last edited:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Round two.
Yeah. I thought I’d get it in early before the people who haven’t figured it out yet start quoting outlandish numbers.

The reality is that we’ve reworked his contract so much, that there really isn’t any juice left to squeeze.

Cutting him is foolish, as is reworking his contract. A trade scenario gets me interested.

Chawker

Reaction score
Yeah. I thought I’d get it in early before the people who haven’t figured it out yet start quoting outlandish numbers.

The reality is that we’ve reworked his contract so much, that there really isn’t any juice left to squeeze.

Cutting him is foolish, as is reworking his contract. A trade scenario gets me interested.
OK, round three.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score

Cutting him is foolish, as is reworking his contract.
Rework his contract to add voidable years... like the Saints have perfected.

We need the cap space this year and next.

toffee

Reaction score
If Russell signs with Pittsburgh, offer them a trade of Lockett combined with one of our 3rd round picks (78) and our 7th (235) in exchange for their 2nd round pick (51). Now, equipped with a 2nd round pick, Seattle can stay at 16 and pick bpa, or, trade back and aquire more picks.

Draft Jha'Quan Jackson in the 3rd/4th to replace Lockett.

Or Have Bobo/Eskridge battle it out.
Words of wisdom.

GemCity

Reaction score
This is the deepest WR class in years. And you don’t need to replace Lockett with another WR. Just need JSN to make a jump in year 2
I agree. Let’s get JSN more involved instead of just bubble screens.

Dude is capable of being the #1 (and I say that being a huge DK fan).

toffee

Reaction score
Questions for myself on Lockett:
  1. Will we go deep into the playoffs this year?
    My answer: not likely.
  2. Will Lockett power the team into the playoffs?
    My answer: few WRs could, and certainly not Lockett.
  3. Will Lockett help with developing our new WRs?
    My answer: so far hasn't seen that, again, few WRs are good at doing that. It's not their job.
  4. Will Lockett ease a new QB into our system or culture?
    My answer: we will have a new system and culture this year.
  5. Will Lockett need development and be better with more snaps?
    My answer: umm
I keep asking myself in the past two or three off-seasons, resulting in me advocating to trade Lockett.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tyler Locket is still the best receiver on this team. Sure DK is a better athlete and JSN is going to be good long term but Tyler has allowed the team to move money back year after year and doesn’t make close to what DK makes. He’s also older. If you want value ( bang for your buck) we should look at. Trading DK saves us almost $2 million more than Tyler and would get us better compensation

Personally I like our offensive skill positions as they are for the coming season but if we need to trade someone for cap space and value then DK is a better choice than Tyler.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
JS heard everyone and he said nope...Tyler stays!
It's a mistake.

With all the other changes and more to be sure coming, I wish we would have turned the corner on this one. Both from a culture, performance, attitude and legacy standpoint.

Oh well, I suppose I'll get to see another season of 3rd and 7, with 16 miraculously converting 25% of them, and biting the turf immediately after catching the ball. Pretending like he's the second coming of ADB. Jesus I miss Doug.

Or, outside the numbers so there's no YAC to be had, and prancing out of bounds.

Bleck. I wish they would have concentrated on coaching and disciplining DK, and a major focus on developing JSN, with possibly a piece from the draft.

But.... hey. That's just me.

seabowl

Reaction score
It's a mistake.

With all the other changes and more to be sure coming, I wish we would have turned the corner on this one. Both from a culture, performance, attitude and legacy standpoint.

Oh well, I suppose I'll get to see another season of 3rd and 7, with 16 miraculously converting 25% of them, and biting the turf immediately after catching the ball. Pretending like he's the second coming of ADB. Jesus I miss Doug.

Or, outside the numbers so there's no YAC to be had, and prancing out of bounds.

Bleck. I wish they would have concentrated on coaching and disciplining DK, and a major focus on developing JSN, with possibly a piece from the draft.

Tyler Lockett is one of the best wide receivers we’ve ever had. I’d rather a guy of his size, go down and avoid contact then take a crushing hit and get injured. Live for another down!

HawkFreak

Reaction score
It's a mistake.

In regard to the comment about attitude - I'm assuming you are talking about Tyler's "attitude" of getting down and not taking a hit? Because there hasn't ever been evidence that his overall attitude has been detrimental to the culture or team has there?