Lockett explains Hawks real estate sponsorship.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The optics of this stuff aren't evil - they're just distracting and dumb. I'm a huge fan of keeping it simple. Keep it separate.

I have 3 words for Tyler. YAC. YAC. YAC. Real estate, engagements, weddings, chastity pledges - these things can all be done on your time, and without me even knowing about it! I do hope that you enjoy the free advertising and publicity tho -

And, oh yea - try and focus on the game - I know it's tough with the distractions - but do try!

I'm off - gotta go remind JSN to keep focusing on his YAC. ;) Gee, the intermediate routes are looing so much fresher ;)

pmedic920

Reaction score
OMG

Just something else to be upset/offended about if you ask me.

It’s nothing more than a (his) company sponsoring the team in exchange for a bit of advertising.
Apparently it’s 100% within the rules of the NFL, and not like he’s taking advantage of some loophole even.

It’s certainly a sign of the times that we live in that this is even being discussed by anyone.

My opinion is, it’s only a distraction because he’s having to address it for some jack Wagon trying to make it an issue.

RiverDog

Reaction score
OMG

Just something else to be upset/offended about if you ask me.

It’s nothing more than a (his) company sponsoring the team in exchange for a bit of advertising.
Apparently it’s 100% within the rules of the NFL, and not like he’s taking advantage of some loophole even.

It’s certainly a sign of the times that we live in that this is even being discussed by anyone.

My opinion is, it’s only a distraction because he’s having to address it for some jack Wagon trying to make it an issue.
I disagree. It's a benefit with a financial value that he has acquired through is relationship as a football player for an NFL team.

I realize that it's within the rules, but it needs to be regulated. They need to determine a market value on the benefits he's receiving from the team and add it onto his salary. Otherwise, it's subject to all sorts of abuse by players and teams looking for ways to skirt the salary cap.

JPatera76

Reaction score
i look at this like some coworker peddling their daughter's girl scout cookies at work and the boss promoting them... I could care less. But seems to be the world we live in where everyone finds SOMETHING to be offended about and complain.

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
I disagree. It's a benefit with a financial value that he has acquired through is relationship as a football player for an NFL team.

I realize that it's within the rules, but it needs to be regulated. They need to determine a market value on the benefits he's receiving from the team and add it onto his salary. Otherwise, it's subject to all sorts of abuse by players and teams looking for ways to skirt the salary cap.
Your certainty entitled to your opinion of the matter, and I’m not suggesting that there isn’t a chance for abuse.

In this instance however there doesn’t appear to be anything shady happening.

I’d suggest that if and when something of similar nature is found to be shady that situation gets addressed appropriately.

I’m not a fan of making rules and laws for problems that don’t exist, even if they may in the future.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Your certainty entitled to your opinion of the matter, and I’m not suggesting that there isn’t a chance for abuse.

In this instance however there doesn’t appear to be anything shady happening.

I’d suggest that if and when something of similar nature is found to be shady that situation gets addressed appropriately.

I’m not a fan of making rules and laws for problems that don’t exist, even if they may in the future.
You're right, there is nothing 'shady' happening, at least not from what we know. It would appear that this relationship between Lockett's business and the Seahawks is above board and within what the league currently permits.

But that's not my point. My point is that these sponsorships, business partnerships, or whatever, have a monetary value to them. Delta Airlines is the "Official Airline for the Seattle Seahawks". Do you think that the Seahawks allow Delta Airlines to use their name in conjunction with Delta's for free? Of course, not. Although they don't disclose the terms, it's safe to say that it's at least an 8 digit amount that Delta ponies up for the right to have their name/logo next to that of the Seahawks.

And I don't agree with your approach of waiting for a problem to develop before they address it. They didn't wait for a team to give a player ownership in their franchise before they made a rule that either prohibits partnerships/sponsorships or establishes a value to them and adds it to the player's salary for cap purposes.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
You're right, there is nothing 'shady' happening, at least not from what we know. It would appear that this relationship between Lockett's business and the Seahawks is above board.

But that's not my point. My point is that these sponsorships, business partnerships, or whatever, have a monetary value to them. Delta Airlines is the "Official Airline for the Seattle Seahawks". Do you think that the Seahawks give away that sponsorship for free? Of course, not. Although they don't disclose the terms, it's safe to say that it's at least an 8 digit amount that Delta ponies up for the right to have their name/logo next to that of the Seahawks.

And I don't agree with your approach of waiting for a problem to develop before they address it. They didn't wait for a team to give a player ownership in their franchise before they made a rule that prohibits it.
I'll be clear;

I have two issues with this.

First issue: I have Tyler extra curricular reporting fatigue. I don't need a constant stream of shit that he's doing. If I wanted that, I'd follow him on social media - which I don't. Seems like he can pretty much do 'everything' lately but play football (well obviously it's the offseason) - and my YAC complaint persists - whether or not anyone else thinks it's valid. I feel exactly the same way about DK and stuff like his onlyfans 4 way hookup from last year. Don't need to know it.

Second issue: If you want to avoid the perception of a conflict - then don't do things that bend the optics - on both the Seahawks and Tyler sides. Keep it clean. Keep it simple. Pay your own way. Be transparent. The Seahawks aren't 'helping you with your second career early' because they are a charity. I'm guessing they will tolerate it much like the endless stream of player charities and foundations because of either the good press or cowtowing to the player. And, yes, me3 pretty much ruined that for me.

I get that it's the offseason - I've just seen too much Tyler. I don't need to know when the dude is banging his girl (or when he's not, or when he's about too) or when he sells a house - or much of the other stuff. TMI.

And, you know - that's just, like - my opinion, man.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll be clear;

First issue: I have Tyler extra curricular reporting fatigue. I don't need a constant stream of shit that he's doing. If I wanted that, I'd follow him on social media - which I don't. Seems like he can pretty much do 'everything' lately but play football (well obviously it's the offseason) - and my YAC complaint persists - whether or not anyone else thinks it's valid. I feel exactly the same way about DK and stuff like his onlyfans 4 way hookup from last year. Don't need to know it.

Second issue: If you want to avoid the perception of a conflict - then don't do things that bend the optics - on both the Seahawks and Tyler sides. Keep it clean. Keep it simple. Pay your own way. Be transparent. The Seahawks aren't 'helping you with your second career early' because they are a charity. I'm guessing they will tolerate it much like the endless stream of player charities and foundations because of either the good press or cowtowing to the player. And, yes, me3 pretty much ruined that for me.

I get that it's the offseason - I've just seen too much Tyler. I don't need to know when the dude is banging his girl (or when he's not, or when he's about too) or when he sells a house - or much of the other stuff. TMI.

I agree on both counts.

Maybe it's because I was subjected to so much scrutiny during my work career...having to report anything I received from a vendor that was worth more than $25 after decades of going to Seahawk games after a vendor had given me their season tickets...that I've become pretty sensitive to fringe benefits or perks a person receives due solely to their position within the company and nothing else.

I was going to mention Me3, too, but I didn't want to divert the thread.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The optics of this stuff aren't evil - they're just distracting and dumb. I'm a huge fan of keeping it simple. Keep it separate.

I have 3 words for Tyler. YAC. YAC. YAC. Real estate, engagements, weddings, chastity pledges - these things can all be done on your time, and without me even knowing about it! I do hope that you enjoy the free advertising and publicity tho -

And, oh yea - try and focus on the game - I know it's tough with the distractions - but do try!

I'm off - gotta go remind JSN to keep focusing on his YAC. ;) Gee, the intermediate routes are looing so much fresher ;)
How is retirement treating you?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'll be clear;

Did you read the article?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Fact is, another real estate firm held the exact same spot previously.

The article clearly states, that relationship no longer exists so Tyler approached the team about his company doing it.

This is not a precedent setting event, save for TL owning the company.

As picky as the NFL is over what players do/don’t do in their private lives they have no issues with this situation.

It amazes me that we have some fans taking/making issue with it.

Huge nothing burger in my eyes.

rcaido

Reaction score
Pandora's box if you ask me. Brady did it and I always question the possible loopholes. Behind the scenes secret handshakes and winks for the next contract. Would not be surprised if Erin did this with the Jets in the future to get his money back.

RiverDog

Reaction score

The article clearly states, that relationship no longer exists so Tyler approached the team about his company doing it.

As picky as the NFL is over what players do/don’t do in their private lives they have no issues with this situation.

And did the Hawks give that other real estate firm that same spot for free, or did they have to pay for it? Serious question.

I realize that this is not necessarily a precedent setting event. My point is that it's a situation that is subject to abuse and that the league needs to put their foot down before it gets out of control.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I don’t know that Florio is a big Hawks fan, or a Hawks hater for that matter. I certainly don’t believe pft Wrote this to hate on the Hawks or Tyler in particular.

pmedic920

Reaction score
And did the Hawks give that other real estate firm that same spot for free, or did they have to pay for it? Serious question.

I realize that this is not necessarily a precedent setting event. My point is that it's a situation that is subject to abuse and that the league needs to put their foot down before it gets out of control.
I don’t know the details of either relationship.

I do know that it’s called a sponsorship, so I’m assuming that the firms compensate the team.
I could be way off base however.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don’t know the details of either relationship.

I do know that it’s called a sponsorship, so I’m assuming that the firms compensate the team.
I could be way off base however.
Thanks for being honest. I'm 99% sure that there's a hefty fee associated with that relationship.

If Tyler is paying a market rate fee for the sponsorship, then I'll cease and desist, at least as it relates to him and the Hawks.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for being honest. I'm 99% sure that there's a hefty fee associated with that relationship.

If Tyler is paying a market rate fee for the sponsorship, then I'll cease and desist, at least as it relates to him and the Hawks.

A big part of the issue is that we DONT know what he is paying the Hawks, if anything at all.

Latest posts