Let the speculation begin. Quinn a 'fav' to replace Pete...

chris98251

Reaction score
keasley45":1110qvzb said:
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/coach-dan-quinn-dallas-broncos-rumor-move-pete-carroll-seahawks-russell-wilson

Not sure how much meat there is to this...

This is speculation, of course they will reach out and interview Quinn, Richard, Norton, they all have History, Bevell as well as Schotty possibly. Then the not so obvious list will emerge, Moore and others.

It will come down to who remains, if JS stays and Pete is Kicked up to the Front office I could see the first three weighted heavily.

If no Pete anywhere and no JS then there is a GM / HC / search all happening at once which may drag it out if they go traditional with GM then Coach, teams really don't want to hire a GM after a Coach if they are asking him to Manage everything. It kind of neuters the GM if he answers to the Coach first and you may not get someone any good wanting that position. But there are more openings as well if Pete is not here, President of Operations Football and also in charge of Personal whatever they want to call that.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
I wonder if they ( including Pete) would make the move to bring him in to replace KN, and place him as the next in line when Pete steps down. It would provide them a coach thst knows the city, the team, the philosophy and has replicated the Hawk' way in Atl and Dallas. Would seem to be an ideal path to maintain the identity of the team when Pete calls it. Of course, Quinn would have to be willing to wait a few seasons, assuming Pete doesn't get canned.

I'd be for something like that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He was the one fanning the flames of the Russell speculation last year, all for it to end up being a big zero.

I wouldn't consider this a concrete report - just an educated guess that both makes sense and cannot be disproven.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This guy is a nobody. He's taken a rumor about Denver and Fangio who is a garbage coach, then blended in Seattle to get more clicks.

Dan Quinn to Denver? Sure.

This is one down year for Pete & Co. Let's not do what loser franchises do and fire everybody as soon as we start to struggle.

This is the NFCW, NOT the AFCE, or NFCE where wins come easy. The NFCW is the BEST division in the NFL, and has been for a long time.

Look at how many teams in this division have been to the Super Bowl! All of them. And only Arizona hasn't won one, although they came dang close.

sutz

Reaction score
The silly season begins early this year. :snack:

xray

Reaction score
We may know much more tomorrow...Black Monday ! :snack:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
keasley45":iy9ciikf said:
I wonder if they ( including Pete) would make the move to bring him in to replace KN, and place him as the next in line when Pete steps down. It would provide them a coach thst knows the city, the team, the philosophy and has replicated the Hawk' way in Atl and Dallas. Would seem to be an ideal path to maintain the identity of the team when Pete calls it. Of course, Quinn would have to be willing to wait a few seasons, assuming Pete doesn't get canned.

I'd be for something like that.
Yeah, for me?, Dan Quinn would be the ONLY Coach that I could see replacing Pete Carroll, and y'all know that DQ & PC have likely been keeping in touch since his departure, that is unless Quinn parted from Seattle with some turmoil going on.
Pete Carroll just might have felt obligated to staying on for PA & Seattle, and not quit without having a decent replacement.
Could be that Pete might've wanted Dan Quinn to come in all along, & take over in his stead, I could easily see this scenario happening. :vodka:

RiverDog

Reaction score
We should know later this week if Pete is going to stay or not. If he leaves, I highly doubt that Quinn would be a viable candidate as he's a defensive coach and has ties to Pete and Co. If they decide to cut the cord with Pete, it would be because they are unhappy with the general direction and would be looking to go on a completely different tact, so my guess is that they'd go with an offensive minded coach with no connections to the previous regime, someone like Bienemy or Leftwich, maybe even Jason Garrett.