Dan Quinn

skater18000

Reaction score
I'm dreaming for Pete to relinquish coaching duties and move up to primarily front office/President of football operations. Him and John can build a roster, find us the talent to win, but I'd prefer Dan Quinn to coach the team especially with his defense under our culture system. I'm ready to bring'em home boys. Get the job that's been waiting for him all along. Give him another shot at head coaching with the support he'd need to succeed this time around (unlike Atlanta)

We'd need to hire an offensive coordinator on the level of Eric Bieniemy because our offensive philosophy has been pretty stale for years even going back to the Schotty days. If it has to be one of these college coaches trying make a name for himself, then so be it. We need someone as our offensive coordinator who can run a system that respects Pete's philosophy of run heavy, play action and deep passing emphasis, but with a modern/renewed approach to play calling and game planning.

We just keep running into the same issues year after year and it's at least 70% play calling and game planning. Ultimately, that is a direct indication of the head coaching failing in that area. My number 1 potential coaching hire this off-season is Dan Quinn. Whether Pete is to resign/retire and step away completely or partially by just giving up the keys to the operation, but something need to be done. After watching Dan Quinn's success in Dallas, it's hard not to be envious/jealous (currently have the best record, 2nd seed and continuous success year to year on the back of his defense really)
Can't think of many other potential great candidates to trust as our future head coach here in Seattle. He'd instantly have the respect of the locker room with a similar message and the familiarity with some of the people in the building still (Bobby Wagner and Deshawn Shead etc).

Give me Dan Quinn 2024!

Last edited:

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think Dan Quinn absolutely deserves another chance at a HC gig and it is telling that even after the Falcons imploded following a worse SB loss than us and a terrible final season, his players didn't want him fired. They were still fighting for him with a dead season. He's taken a talented but average/above average Dallas defense and made them elite. Biggest question would be the OC he hires, too much talent in the WR and RB room to be so consistently inconsistent.

I just don't know if Pete can do what Tom Coughlin did and head to the executive suite. It really feels like it is Pete's team until he wants to retire.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
He's just not cutting it in the game planning/play calling aspects and honestly it's never been a strength, but it's seriously holding us back from winning anything.

If he'd step down from coaching duties and maybe still was executive ala Tom Coughlin like you mentioned, we may be able to retain Pete's eye for talent and philosophy for players, but sacrifice his role in scheming x's and o's. The players on the team and around the league don't fear us or respect Pete's system or team(s) anymore and it's been a while.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Now we're looking at a realistic possibility! Once coaching talks begin, I'd be shocked if Dan Quinn's name is not mentioned considering his past here and the relationship with him.

It's almost perfectly set up for him to come back as head coach for us w/ Pete as an advisor (unsure what that means), but someone with familiarity to take over the head coaching role while Pete will still probably has his hands in talent evaluation (which is his strength)

kidhawk

Reaction score
“Experts” are saying that this move may mean them looking to bring in a more offensive minded head coach.

Torc

Reaction score
Yeah, Shannys don't grow on trees. How many of them are out there just waiting for the Seahawks position, especially with how many positions are open?

Seahawks
Commanders
Chargers
Raiders
panthers
Falcons
Titans

The real question is, which position is the most desirable for a prospective head coach? I would the Raiders and Chargers would both be hot spots. Maybe the Commanders if they're less dysfunctional without Snyder.

I'd be all over Quinn as head coach (the tackling issues would go away VERY quickly I think). In Atlanta he kept his hands very much in the defensive pie. I wouldn't be upset about keeping Waldron as the OC.

renofox

Reaction score
Yeah, Shannys don't grow on trees. How many of them are out there just waiting for the Seahawks position, especially with how many positions are open?

Seahawks
Commanders
Chargers
Raiders
panthers
Falcons
Titans

The real question is, which position is the most desirable for a prospective head coach? I would the Raiders and Chargers would both be hot spots. Maybe the Commanders if they're less dysfunctional without Snyder.

I'd be all over Quinn as head coach (the tackling issues would go away VERY quickly I think). In Atlanta he kept his hands very much in the defensive pie. I wouldn't be upset about keeping Waldron as the OC.
The Seahawks have much more young talent than any of those teams. The Seahawks cap situation isn't near as bad as many of those teams. The owner seems like a much better person to work for. The GM is one of the best in the NFL. The Pacific NW is a much better place to live. There is no state income tax in WA.

These are the things candidates will be looking at. Seahawks are near the top across the board.