Kam deserves more credit

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I've always felt the SB48 MVP was a joke. Malcomb had a nice game but he yeah, Kam was the best player on the field that day.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":th9mtpaz said:
I've always felt the SB48 MVP was a joke. Malcomb had a nice game but he yeah, Kam was the best player on the field that day.
Co-sign. Heck I will even flip Avril some love here. Smith was benefited by the play of both Kam and Avril in that game. When he got MVP , I laughed my ass off.
#1) Kam Chancellor 2) Cliff Avril 3) Malcolm Smith

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Kam was the leader of the LOB. He led them into greatness, and then he led them all into forgetting that no individual is greater than the team.

He set the tone for the LOB. His unmatched physicality and mental prowess allowed the others to play to their own strengths, and kept their weaknesses in check.

Then, he became unsatisfied with his contract (right or wrong). He displayed his displeasure for all to see. He set the tone. He led Sherman and Thomas into malcontentsville. Granted, they took it way further than Kam did, but he set the train in motion, and set the tone.

Kam was the leader in both the buildup, and the destruction of the LOB.

Still, he will always be one of my favorite Hawks of all time.

And he was absolutely the MVP of the Bowl. No other individual came close. The entire defense played out of their mind, and could have been the MVP, but Kam was on another level for that game. Without him setting the tone, all the predictions of the Denver offensive jugernaut posting another blowout likely would have come true.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
A great player during an era when the team had an abundance of great players who when at his best was the heart of a fear-inducing defense that took us to the Super Bowl.

Not HOF quality career though due to abbreviated career and the deeply negative impacts of his ill-advised hold-out that poisoned the waters of the defense and the team attitude overall.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Kam deserves to be an asst. coach for the Hawks, yes his playing time was cut short due to injuries, but his talents went far beyond just on the of field play. Kam could teach his football knowledge to the newer guys and would help bring back the boom factor to the group.
I would love to see him on the sidelines in that capacity.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Sadly, Kam won’t get the credit he deserves outside of the PNW (or anyone really paying attention to his influence) because of the sporting obsession over stats.

X played more years, Y got more interceptions, Z got more tackles - therefore they’re a better player/therefore Kam doesn’t deserve HoF consideration. Lazy Argument after lazy argument.

Until statisticians are able to quantify games won by scaring an opponent sh*%less, or number of tattoos left by hits, Kam will most likely be in the conversation without ever being the rightful standout.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2qpawq20 said:

I couldn't agree more. That first hit on Damaryius Thomas set the tone for the entire game. I remember Chris Collinsworth talking about it shortly after the game. He had been excited to see how the statistically greatest offense of all time would adjust to our stout defense. After that play, he remembers thinking..
"If that's your plan it's going to be a very long night"

Was for the Broncos. For me, of the best nights of my life. Literally.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Let's not forget when Kam physically separated Vernon Davis from his soul. Those weren't raindrops in that photo! Davis played scared for pretty much the whole rest of his career. He's out of the league now, isn't he?

chris98251

Reaction score
rjdriver":vqdj7tbh said:
Hawkstorian":vqdj7tbh said:

I couldn't agree more. That first hit on Damaryius Thomas set the tone for the entire game. I remember Chris Collinsworth talking about it shortly after the game. He had been excited to see how the statistically greatest offense of all time would adjust to our stout defense. After that play, he remembers thinking..
"If that's your plan it's going to be a very long night"

Was for the Broncos. For me, of the best nights of my life. Literally.

If you watch Manning we were in his head from the start, rattling that man isn't easy, that botched snap was just the start of his head being messed with. He was scared as well the whole game and the receivers, it was like a give it to him no give it to him going around after Thomas was de souled.

Throwdown

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3bo0heq8 said:
Let's not forget when Kam physically separated Vernon Davis from his soul. Those weren't raindrops in that photo! Davis played scared for pretty much the whole rest of his career. He's out of the league now, isn't he?

I think Davis finally retired this offseason, legend has it whenever he sees a picture of Kam he flinches

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Kam was the most enjoyable player I've ever watched play the game. He literally put the "strong" in strong safety.

Any safety who could come down to the line, put their hand in the dirt, then proceed to crumple a 340lb right tackle with regularity, is an absolute monster of a man.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He was the best SS in Seahawks history . I agree Earl seemed to get way more credit than Kam i never agreed with that i'd take a 22 year old Kam over a 22 Earl every time. Kam and Sherman were the best of the legion of Boom.

Polk738

Reaction score
Kam was really the most important cog in Pete's cover 3 scheme so it's really no surprise that they gave up so much to get Jamal Adams as he's probably the closest player to Kam in the league as of right now.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":27kpm9oy said:
He was the best SS in Seahawks history . I agree Earl seemed to get way more credit than Kam i never agreed with that i'd take a 22 year old Kam over a 22 Earl every time. Kam and Sherman were the best of the legion of Boom.

Dude.... Kenny Easley might've been the best Seahawk of all time. The conversation is only limited by his shortened career, but the dude was a straight up STUD. Much as I like Kam, I would take Kenny over him every day of the week. When Ronnie Lott calls someone the GOAT, you listen.