Kaep in Seattle- extended Beats commercial

13thMan

Reaction score
Happy":1ur4i4hh said:
you guys gotta learn not to take stuff so personally!

It's not about seahawks fans being savages. The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter. I think it's a great message, though obviously exaggerated for dramatic impact.

Well said..... It's a freakin' COMMERCIAL!!! Geeeeez...

hawk45

Reaction score
It won't ruin my day but it's an insulting commercial, it just is.

Memo to athletes: you don't prove you are tuning out the haters by designing or appearing a commercial in which you are saying "na na na na na, I can't hear you, I have my fingers in my ears." Only a high-school age kid would believe that they were sending a strong message to haters with that. An adult would understand that if you're attempting to convey that you're unconcerned with someone, specifically using your position in the media to address that someone directly undercuts the message.

So I'm glad he made the commercial, it just perpetuates the dumb image that he seems bent on creating for himself.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
This commercial is just wrong! You put it out there and someone will fall in line trying to emulate this behavior or at the very least think its ok. Starting to sound like my Dad now.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the fans in the Beats commercial with Kevin Garnett?

What, you mean you don't even know which fans they were? You hardly even remember the commercial?

Pick your battles, guys.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
My impression wasn't to make people feel insulted over this commercial and quite frankly I find it kind of pathetic that some are. The "fans" are clearly so over the top in the video that there is no way anyone should take it seriously. People rattling the fence like zombies, throwing coolers, banana peels (lol) and peeing on the bus, it's so clearly past the point of portraying anyone in that video seriously. It takes sensitivity to a whole new level to be upset about that, even if you assume they are trying to portray Seahawks fans.

And beyond all else: WHO CARES!?

253hawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":rwxkgwo5 said:

What, you mean you don't even know which fans they were? You hardly even remember the commercial?

Pick your battles, guys.

Seeing that commercial would imply that people actually watch the NBA. Even the absolute worst regular season NFL match-ups typically draw in more viewers than MLB or NBA playoff games and the level of fandom isn't even comparable.

It doesn't even bother me; I find it hysterical that they are portraying athletes having to hide behind some crappy overpriced headphones to 'rise above it all.' Right up there with Cam Newton hiding his head under that Gatorade towel and pouting on the bench whenever things aren't going all SUPERMAN.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
My point is, people here are acting like everyone watching the game was hanging on the details of that commercial. I promise you that someone in Colorado watching the game paid next to no attention to the commercial, and promptly forgot about it when the next one came on.

StoneCold

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2zlkpv0h said:
Happy":2zlkpv0h said:
you guys gotta learn not to take stuff so personally!

It's not about seahawks fans being savages. The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter. I think it's a great message, though obviously exaggerated for dramatic impact.
So...We shouldn't feel insulted by this spoof that was way over the top, and was aimed at the Seattle Seahawks fans?.
That bullshit Commercial was viewed during the game, by the fans all over the U.S., and it implied that the Seahawks fans are/were a bunch of garbage throwing, screaming assholes, and that's an unacceptable portrayal.
The bozo's that dreamed up that commercial got the response they wanted.
Maybe we can have a documentary, showing how people were getting knifed down there by a bunch of screaming assholes wearing red and gold, and then shoot a commercial showing the paramedics using some Johnson & Johnson bandages, and see if anyone down there doesn't feel the least bit insulted.

We don't actually act like that. Did the 9er fans actually stab someone? This is just over the top silliness. Count me as not insulted.

SC

ratso

Reaction score
There's a line and tune in "The Man" by Aloe Blacc that's a dead ringer for a line and tune in "Your Song" by Elton John. Blacc might have received permission or he flat out ripped it off. Just thought it was interesting.

The line is "you can tell everybody"

Start at the 1 minute mark.

[youtube]mXuUtEDp_Mo[/youtube]

hawk45

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":jqe7hiy6 said:
My impression wasn't to make people feel insulted over this commercial and quite frankly I find it kind of pathetic that some are. The "fans" are clearly so over the top in the video that there is no way anyone should take it seriously. People rattling the fence like zombies, throwing coolers, banana peels (lol) and peeing on the bus, it's so clearly past the point of portraying anyone in that video seriously. It takes sensitivity to a whole new level to be upset about that, even if you assume they are trying to portray Seahawks fans.

And beyond all else: WHO CARES!?

It was a negative portrayal of Seahawk fans, that is undeniable. It doesn't move my needle much but I don't get the feigned puzzlement that some find it offensive, to the point of using words like pathetic to describe anyone who is offended. Seems a bit condescending to me.

We get it, some are more thick-skinned and don't find it offensive, we all bow to the glory already. WHO CARES!?

Axx

Reaction score
this made me laugh so hard.

Thanks for sharing

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
the funny thing is, compared to to the way people talk about Kaep on this forum, that commercial is downright tame.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I just think it's kind of cool that Seattle is finally relevant enough as a sports town to be "represented" in a commercial like this. I'll take this to the utter irrelevance of 2008 any day of the week. Again, it's an exaggeration. Watch the Garnett ad. No one thinks Knicks fans are really like that, and that one was worse (had racist comments in it).

My favorite part was the guy yelling "Alex is a real QB!" That guy could have been wearing a 49ers jersey.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Haha this commercial is hilarious...

In essence, "Haters" don't bother me at all, which is why I require headphones to tune them out, as well as making a commercial explicitly stating how much they don't bother me. And in the meantime, I'm going to favorite all my hate tweets.

Anybody know if those headphones can tell him every few seconds to stop staring at his first read?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Oh...so that's why it makes business sense to pick the Seahawks. Their commercial is for noise-cancelling headphones and Seahawks fans are the loudest fans in the NFL.

Wow, cannot believe I didn't pick up on that. That commercial is actually kind of a (poorly-executed) compliment.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow.

Ya'll are a sensitive bunch aren't you?

If it were a Wilson commercial and the crowd were in red and gold, you would LOVE this commercial. It is CLEARLY supposed to be Seattle but it is also CLEARLY over dramatization. The Rain is also a sign that its supposed to be Seattle.

Commercials go for the drama. They aren't supposed to be realistic. BTW, Jordan and Bird also can't shoot a basketball from a skyscraper onto a tiny window and through a basketball hoop.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":nze7kyrl said:
the funny thing is, compared to to the way people talk about Kaep on this forum, that commercial is downright tame.

this

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3euq4fng said:

Pick your battles, guys.

Yeah but everyone knows that Knicks fans are jerks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ratso":iofg6zkx said:
There's a line and tune in "The Man" by Aloe Blacc that's a dead ringer for a line and tune in "Your Song" by Elton John. Blacc might have received permission or he flat out ripped it off. Just thought it was interesting.

The line is "you can tell everybody"

Start at the 1 minute mark.

[youtube]mXuUtEDp_Mo[/youtube]

I thought that too....I hate it when they do that.