Props to Jody

James in PA

Reaction score
I didn't think she would do it, but she did the right thing. She did what was best for the organization instead of taking the easy way out. She made the tough but correct call. She did what Paul would have done!

No longer "Judy," it's Jody damnit!

chrispy

Reaction score
I think this move says a lot about the future of the Seahawk organization. It would have been so much easier and more comfortable to stick with status quo and sell the team after next season in combo with Pete retiring. The Seahawks isn't even the largest portion of PAllens Estate. Jody's got enough to do, there's no reason she would need to make this team a top priority.

Instead, I really feel that Jody's sending a message that the Seahawks are a big part of Paul's legacy and winning is an important part of both the Seahawk's and Paul's legacy. After this move, I can't see a sale for quite some time; 5 years or maybe 10. Jody will have her say in the new hire and she'll be very committed to making this move work...or Mora'ing them next offseason to get to a winner.

It's the changing of the guard but in that, we've also got a hands-on General now who's done keeping the team at arms length when it needs her attention. I see it as a renewed committment to do whatever it takes to get back on top. You go girl!

keasley45

Reaction score
The mischaracterizations around her were way off base. All I ever saw was a person who was incredibly smart, gifted at business, devoted to family, this city, and above all, her brother and his legacy.

No way she was a 'silent partner' being strung around by Pete anymore than Pete was a power monger.

They are all committed to making this team great and we are very fortunate to have them. Jody, especially. If she didn't care, this whole thing would be done.

Glad she's running things and that she has John for a GM. I don't think either of them are going to let all the good that's been done here be for nothing.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I didn't think she would do it, but she did the right thing. She did what was best for the organization instead of taking the easy way out. She made the tough but correct call. She did what Paul would have done!

And so did Pete. Amicable. Everyone realized it was time.

It’s the first time I’ve seen the Seahawks play complimentary football in two years.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

It was always Jody, man.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Instead, I really feel that Jody's sending a message that the Seahawks are a big part of Paul's legacy and winning is an important part of both the Seahawk's and Paul's legacy. After this move, I can't see a sale for quite some time; 5 years or maybe 10. Jody will have her say in the new hire and she'll be very committed to making this move work...or Mora'ing them next offseason to get to a winner.

It's the changing of the guard but in that, we've also got a hands-on General now who's done keeping the team at arms length when it needs her attention. I see it as a renewed committment to do whatever it takes to get back on top. You go girl!
Yeah I don't think she's in a hurry to sell the team. She once said the estate wind down could take 10-20 years. Based on this move, I think she's trying to win another championship before the team is sold.

Fade

Reaction score

I fully agree.

Jody has bigger balls than most dudes on here.

Most would've been totally fine with mediocrity and letting the Seahawks sink further into darkness. Not Jody. She whipped it out and showed Pete who's boss.

The future is bright!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Pete to the rams or chargers organization and better la and rose bowl

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I didn't think she'd have the big lady balls to out Pete. We all knew it had to happen, but we also respect the man for his legacy....he only had a year left...etc. etc. It'd be like firing your grandmother or some sort. Will things change for the better? Time will tell.

Props to Big Balls Jody.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I'll bet her intentions always were to honor Paul by keeping the team relevant and winning, and to keep them in Seattle.

This is the first move of many.

Just my humble opinion.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The writing was always on the wall that Jody wasn't messing around. The narrative about her being a do-nothing was a fanciful invention of the fandom. This fanbase has been seeing ghosts, man. We've been inventing bogeymen under the bed to legitimize our own angst.

Jody Allen is a primary driving force behind Paul buying the Seahawks to begin with. She had been the CEO of Vulcan for 3 decades before ultimately becoming the executor of his estate.

Anyone who didn't think this was possible wasn't paying attention to who Jody has always been - which is anything but a do-nothing. Ask the Trailblazers, who canned their coach last year.

I'm critical of Jody for her actions outside of football, to be fair, as well. Regardless, back to football: I don't think she should be meddling. She should be setting the high-level vision and letting her people handle the rest. This is an example of a decision that was within her purview to make. I'm just glad she fell on the CORRECT side of the Russ issue.

toffee

Reaction score
I fully agree.

Most would've been totally fine with mediocrity and letting the Seahawks sink further into darkness. Not Jody. She whipped it out and showed Pete who's boss.

The future is bright!
Don't be so humble, without you and your whispering in this old and matronly lady's lonely ears, nothing would happen.

You truly took one for the team.

cymatica

Reaction score
I fully agree.

The future is bright!
She's earned the right to use the men's bathroom 🙃

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think she's in a hurry to sell the team. She once said the estate wind down could take 10-20 years. Based on this move, I think she's trying to win another championship before the team is sold.
It'd be worth more money for sure.

Fade

Reaction score
Don't be so humble, without you and your whispering in this old and matronly lady's lonely ears, nothing would happen.

You truly took one for the team.
Whatever it takes to win, I'll do it.

Always compete!

Last edited: