I am raising my glass to Jody Allen!

olyfan63

Reaction score
If I could find a way to post the audio of me arguing with Salk about Pete and calling him out a couple years after the hire and reminding him of all he said after the hire I would.

Salk got flippant and defensive and then said ok if you remember what I said back then what am I thinking right now trying to deflect.
Message me through the board, and if you have it in an MP3 file or cassette (lol) or whatever tech or device it's on, I can find a way to post that audio here; I do have that tech skillset. Would certainly be entertaining to listen to!

I confess I got sucked into the "What if they (Jody & Co) decided to fire Pete and keep Russell?" narrative. I do so (embarrassedly and belatedly) agree with your take:

"She is not a hands on owner. She is holding the team in trust. Paul believed in Pete and brought him in and gave him a lots of power. I am sure she believes in Paul's vision.
You really think Russ had ownerships ear?
There never was a "DECISION " to be made IMHO. Pete did what he knew he could do.

Only the fans think there was a decision between Pete and RW"

It's one of those things that seems obvious (to me), in hindsight, given the nature and structure of the organization and reporting relationships. That also leads to... Russell and Team 3 probably didn't waste much energy making their case to Jody & her braintrust, for the reasons you cited, but also because Russell wanted to BE THE NEWS, to get the visibility and recognition he got during the trade process.

Rainger

Reaction score
Message me through the board, and if you have it in an MP3 file or cassette (lol) or whatever tech or device it's on, I can find a way to post that audio here; I do have that tech skillset. Would certainly be entertaining to listen to!

I confess I got sucked into the "What if they (Jody & Co) decided to fire Pete and keep Russell?" narrative. I do so (embarrassedly and belatedly) agree with your take:

"She is not a hands on owner. She is holding the team in trust. Paul believed in Pete and brought him in and gave him a lots of power. I am sure she believes in Paul's vision.
You really think Russ had ownerships ear?
There never was a "DECISION " to be made IMHO. Pete did what he knew he could do.

Only the fans think there was a decision between Pete and RW"

It's one of those things that seems obvious (to me), in hindsight, given the nature and structure of the organization and reporting relationships. That also leads to... Russell and Team 3 probably didn't waste much energy making their case to Jody & her braintrust, for the reasons you cited, but also because Russell wanted to BE THE NEWS, to get the visibility and recognition he got during the trade process.
I am probably leaving .net but will see if I can find it on my main computer tomorrow after I get up.

But I definitely have it. I will message you cause I have troubles with this forum uploading things.

hawks85

Reaction score
Just goes to show we as fans can't really say much on what goes on behind the scenes. Pete and John and Jody knew what was REALLY going on with Russ in General. We as fans didn't know anything even though you may think you have. I've done my bashing of Pete as we all have, but I NEVER liked Wilson. I knew that dude was fake from day 1. Wilson is getting exposed in Denver and he doesn't give a crap because he got his 245mil bag. I'm happy and hope Wilson fails miserably over there and maybe in the future he'll keep his god damn mouth shut. Does anyone know why Wilson got booed out of the ******* stadium that first Monday night game. It because he said he wants to go to a team that wants to win among other things. I know a few people who went and they said those boo's were LOUD.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
After seeing what happened with NE and TB with The Biggest Breakup, I was on the side of standing by the QB rather than the coach.
But this year, TB is awful, NE is better. GB is awful, Dallas is better. Coaches do matter. My thinking has radically changed all in the matter of a coupe months.

One thing I will say on Pete's behalf is that he always has his teams excited and ready to play. And that alone makes him a top coach IMO. His X's and O's may not be perfect (whose are) but they are good enough to be one of the winningest coaches in the last decade.

zhawk

Reaction score
How did you find out. All this information? Just asking for a friend🙂