I am raising my glass to Jody Allen!

toffee

Reaction score
Michael Jordan made that shot to win with time running out, Montana made that TD for super bowl. Greatness means you put everything on your shoulder, and made that shot.

That moment came last off season, the whole football media called for Pete/John's dismissal, just so our franchise QB at his prime could takeover, Russ will hire offense minded coaches and even wants a say in personnel matters

That, 12s, was the moment, she made that shot! Can you imagine we fired Pete and John, gave Wilson that $250 mil extension and hire someone like Hackett? Can you? Jody Allen deserve your praise and respect. She stood her ground, made her announcement to defend her coach and GM.

She is no Snyder, she doesn't talk everyday, in fact she hardly ever talked, but when the game is on the line, she made that shot.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was unbelievable how so many people here thought it would be better to keep Russell and ditch Pete & John. Russell is rather unproven as an "assistant GM" and the sheer narcissism and self-centeredness of Russell's positions should have been a huge tell. Russell wanted individual accolades, wanted everybody to love him and toast to his enduring greatness, and professed to being the ultimate team player, without doing anything like Brady to make sure there was enough money for adequate talent around him. No team friendly deals for him! Russell was all about Russell.

For the record, as far as first ballot Pro Football Hall-of-Fame: YES, Pete Carroll will be inducted on the first ballot.

Good thing Jody & Co. chose to keep our *ACTUAL* Hall-of-Famer.

Rainger

Reaction score
Micheal Jordan made that shot to win with time running out, Montana made that TD to win. Greatness means when everything is on the line, you took that risk and made that shot.

That moment came last off season, the whole football world called for Pete/John's dismissal, so that our franchise QB at his prime could take.over, so Russ will hire offense minded coaches and even have a say in personnel matters

That, 12s was the moment! She made that shot! Can you imagine we fire Pete and John, gave Wilson that $250 mil extension and hire someone like Hackett?
Jody Allen deserve your praise and respect. She stood her ground, made her announcement to defend her coach and GM.

She is no Snyder, she doesn't talk everyday, but when the game is on the line, she made that shot.

Sorry I am part of the football world and I NEVER WANTED THIS!!!!!!!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
It was unbelievable how so many people here thought it would be better to keep Russell and ditch Pete & John. Russell is rather unproven as an "assistant GM" and the sheer narcissism and self-centeredness of Russell's positions should have been a huge tell. Russell wanted individual accolades, wanted everybody to love him and toast to his enduring greatness, and professed to being the ultimate team player, without doing anything like Brady to make sure there was enough money for adequate talent around him. No team friendly deals for him! Russell was all about Russell.

For the record, as far as first ballot Pro Football Hall-of-Fame: YES, Pete Carroll will be inducted on the first ballot.

Good thing Jody & Co. chose to keep our *ACTUAL* Hall-of-Famer.
At the time it wasn't a popular decision, widely ridiculed and laughed at.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I had Pete's back all the way, and sometimes it's been really tough listening to the nay sayers bad mouthing him, but I stayed the course. I shut my mouth and gritted my teeth because I always knew he would be back on top. He had to prove himself when he first arrived and now once again.
I'm in So Cal and I only became a Seahawk fan when and because of Pete's trip north. My total time spend in Seattle was about 30 minutes, sitting on the runway for a quick stop over.
Go Hawks, Go Trojans..!

Rainger

Reaction score
I have always been a Pete fan from the signing. I have audio tape of me on 710 taking on Salk who hated the hire.

I made Salk look small after Pete was proving Salk was wrong with his coaching and Salk tried to deflect when I pointed out his previous negative statements.

I bought his book and read it twice.

At no time have I ever believed Pete was or is the problem with the team the losses or SB49.

I think Pete has a lot more control of this organisation than people realise.

I don't think Jodie will ever fire Pete. Pete will go when he is good and ready.

Greatest coach in Seahawks history.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I have always been a Pete fan from the signing. I have audio tape of me on 710 taking on Salk who hated the hire.

I made Salk look small after Pete was proving he was wrong with his coaching and he tried to deflect when I pointed out his previous negative statements.

I bought his book and read it twice.

At no time have I ever believed Pete was or is the problem with the team the losses or SB49.

I think Pete has a lot more control of this organisation than people realise.

I don't think Jodie will ever fire Pete. Pete will go when he is good and ready.

Greatest coach in Seahawks history.
Aren't you glad that we have an owner that stood by her coach? This lady has some spine.

Rainger

Reaction score
If I could find a way to post the audio of me arguing with Salk about Pete and calling him out a couple years after the hire and reminding him of all he said after the hire I would.

Salk got flippant and defensive and then said ok if you remember what I said back then what am I thinking right now trying to deflect.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
this thread is triggering somebody...

who can't admit they're wrong
If Jody didn't not make that decision, Geno, our top 5 in the league QB will not happen, our winning season may not happen, our fantastic 2022 draft class will not happen, so on and so forth. BUT, Ciara may have an office in the building, don't laugh, team 3 has their own space in Denver.

Her decision, was the pivotal moment in our franchise history.

Rainger

Reaction score
If Jody didn't not make that decision, Geno, our top 5 in the league QB will not happen, our winning season may not happen, our fantastic 2022 draft class will not happen, so on and so forth. BUT, Ciara may have an office in the building, don't laugh, team 3 has their own space in Denver.

Her decision, was the pivotal moment in our franchise history.
Sorry toffee I don't believe she had a decision in front of her to make.

Love your love for her, but I don't think anyone came to her and said Russ or Pete.

Pete runs the football operations. Period. All she did was not become Jerry Jones. Following in here brothers blueprint of staying out of football decisions.

And no JS can't fire Pete either!

acer1240

Reaction score
Salute. I was back and forth between Russ and Pete. Jody obviously knows football much better than I do. Sometimes the silent owners are the best ones.

Rainger

Reaction score
Toffee, I love as a man but why do you constantly believe that some decision was sitting on Jodies table of firing Pete to keep Russ?

She is not a hands on owner. She is holding the team in trust. Paul believed in Pete and brought him in and gave him a lots of power. I am sure she believes in Paul's vision.

You really think Russ had ownerships ear?

There never was a "DECISION " to be made IMHO. Pete did what he knew he could do.

Only the fans think there was a decision between Pete and RW