Jamal fined $50K for Sideline Incident with Doctor

Torc

Reaction score
You guys should really read the article OR, at the very least, the thread before responding.

Excuses were made for him last time but nobody can make excuses for this incident. It didn't even involve him & he's verbally & physically harassing a doctor on the sidelines.

His apology from the 1st incident was obviously 100% fake & should have been treated that way as far as disciplinary action is concerned.

What an embarrassment.
You're right, I assumed this was for the previous incident with his own concussion, which we knew was under consideration for a fine.

The events are so similar, it would have been worth calling it out in the thread title.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
The fact that people are having a hard time keeping track of *which* incident with a concussion doctor shows you that Jamal Adams has a personal conduct problem. How the hell do you have *multiple* incidents with concussion doctors? How? How does that even happen?
So on the rare occasions that he plays in a game he has to cause problems with doctors? He can't be kicked off the team fast enough.

Rat

Reaction score
I miss when Adams used to make news for things that happened on the field. Most of that was with the Jets, but still. He was an absolute stud at one point.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Mea Culpa. Unsure why it needs to be $50K though.
I think they need to make it clear to players that no abuse towards their sideline doctor can be tolerated. You've got a sideline full of amped up monsters who are required to listen and obey the doctors. There needs to be ironclad safety measures to protect them while doing their job. It's a line that can't be crossed, same as with refs. First time, he obviously had a head injury and was excused for it. This time, ESPECIALLY with the attention his first one received, there's zero excuse. Pretty stupid to cross the line in the first game after escaping any consequences for his first excusable run in. I haven't seen any video or read any descriptions of what the incident was but if he put his hands not he doctor I'm surprised he wasn't suspended a game. Gotta make it absolutely clear to the players.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The fact that people are having a hard time keeping track of *which* incident with a concussion doctor shows you that Jamal Adams has a personal conduct problem. How the hell do you have *multiple* incidents with concussion doctors? How? How does that even happen?
So on the rare occasions that he plays in a game he has to cause problems with doctors? He can't be kicked off the team fast enough.
Not really. People only have trouble figuring out which incident it was because they only read the headline and not the story. It's a very broad problem in general, inside and outside of football. His first incident he was concussed, his behavior was affeced by a brain injury. This time he was likely being an idiot on his own. Can't put the two together to say he's a discipline case but this one alone is a pretty bad look.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The thing is these docs are supposedly looking out for the player's best interests and health after football. Hard to see why a player would throw a tantrum about that. I get the competitive fire and all. But they need to get real and learn how to deal with it. If money out of their pocket is the only thing that will work, work it. These guys are making a heck of a lot of money to play a game for entertaining a bunch of couch potatoes.

bileever

Reaction score
It's one thing to get on opposing players, teammates, or coaches, but definitely not okay to harass docotrs, trainers and other health professionals who are just trying to do their jobs, which happens to be important. Adams crossed a line, and he should have realized that.

Reminds me of when Quay Walker of the Packers pushed a Lions trainer who had come on the field to tend to a Lions player in the crucial Packers-Lions game. That penalty might have cost the Packers the game, if I recall correctly.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
They should have made it $100K. Make the statement that that it is not ok. $100K would get the attention of every single player abd you can bet that it would not happen again.

RiverDog

Reaction score
This pretty much settles the debate we had about Adams' first incident at the Giants game as to whether or not he should have been disciplined. Had the NFL issued a $50K fine after the Giants game, or had Pete stepped in and issued his own discipline, do you think Adams would have learned his lesson and not accosted the care giver in this latest instance? Maybe, maybe not. But it would have sent a message.

As others have said, this issue with Adams is a direct reflection on Pete's ability to manage the team and of the player's respect, or lack of respect, for his authority. Had he laid down the law with Metcalf and sit him for a period of time as many of us have advocated, would that have made any difference in Adams' mind? Again, maybe, maybe not. But it would have sent a message to the team.

Pete gives me the impression that he's a weak kneed, spineless wimp who thinks that all problems can be solved by his simply talking about it, that he's some sort of football whisperer, that he can tame a shrew.

It's the same issue I had with Pete when he sold the farm for a known malcontent in Percy Harvin. He thought that he could succeed in turning Harvin around when others couldn't.

Last edited:

hugecanoli

Reaction score
When I was a kid, all my father had to do what look at me after I did something wrong and I knew I was screwed and shaped up.

This team is lacking accountablity and respect for their head coach. Pete is their buddy, and nobody gives a shit about how they act in front of their buddies.

rcaido

Reaction score
Pete is like the senile old uncle in a nursing home with no pants on. JS is the nephew who make sures he takes his pills and doesn't embarrass himself often. Fun and entertaining but hard to see him as an authorative figure.