Schneider on Jamal Adams

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The signings/trades of players who never really fit in?
I'm blaming Pete. He always whooped and hollered over these guys
and I'm never going to believe a real GM would have signed off on
the price for one or the fit for another reaon.
We will find out soon enough but I believe the reciepts exist that show
who made the moves and approved.. One was fired.

xray

Reaction score
The signings/trades of players who never really fit in?
I'm blaming Pete. He always whooped and hollered over these guys
and I'm never going to believe a real GM would have signed off on
the price for one or the fit for another reaon.
We will find out soon enough but I believe the reciepts exist that show
who made the moves and approved.. One was fired.
So you don't think JS was a real GM back then ? I would have to agree . If so , then he is basically a rookie GM , right now ? ;)

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks gave up too much trade capital for Adams, but it wasn't a massive over-payment. It was about 450 points too much on the Draft chart, (personal opinion). The contract extension was fine, (also personal opinion). Adams was a small LB or SS hybrid who performed at LB franchise tag level for 90% of snaps when franchise tag LBs normally play for about 75% of snaps. Long-term contract control isn't cheap. Players don't sign 4th and 5th year non-guaranteed contracts for free. Effectively the team has to pay about 6.5% of the 4th year and 3% of the 5th year up front in addition to the signing bonus. If the 4th and 5th year salaries are for $20M then it adds about $1.9M to the initial cost. People were unhappy with the contract because they looked at the SS designation rather than the player or contract length.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So you don't think JS was a real GM back then ? I would have to agree . If so , then he is basically a rookie GM , right now ? ;)
He doesn't have PC breathing in his ear.

seabowl

Reaction score
I didn’t love the trade when it happened for what they gave up for him and also that they did not have a contract in place prior to trading for him. Adams had them by the balls because he could literally name his price and they would’ve had to have paid it. Once Adams started playing, he was great for them but injuries derailed that. Way too many people on this board criticized me once the trade happened for saying they gave up too much As their response was, they are going to be too low first round pics. My response back was “you do not know that“.. In the end, unfortunately I was correct and one of those picks was the 10th pic in the draft with which the Jets picked the receiver Wilson, who is now one of the top receivers in the league. Who knows without the injuries what Adams could’ve been for us, but I think the real issue was management always thought they were one player away, when in fact, that was not the case.

Scout

Reaction score
The truth is that teams have been burned before drafting safeties in the first round that can only play in the box. It is truly a luxury pick. But to give up two first round picks that is beyond luxury and not in line with the modern NFL at all. Straight up bad overall.

And McDougald was a competent player on the backend so that hurts even more so.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yes. I would've rather he said something like "I've learned a lot from this situation. It didn't work out the way we had hoped. We wish Prez the best and respect to Jerhawk, the GOAT."

Instead he shifted blame and acted like a baby
Fair enough, but he doesn't owe you anything. He knows.
Acted like a baby? Aren't you doing the exact same thing?

Latest posts