If Hawks had moved to LA would you have rooted for them

• Yes

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 93 86.1%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
This assumes Seattle would not have gotten another team.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This is an easy answer for the people from Seattle, but given I'm not, it's a difficult question. I think if they would have changed the nickname, I wouldn't have rooted for them because it would have felt like an entirely different team. However, I don't recall who was on the team during that time and if I was invested in any of those players where I would have wanted to continue to follow them.

I was also a Sonics fan and never thought about rooting for the Thunder. It's a little different situation because I had basically checked out on the NBA around that time. Getting the itch back though, I miss the Sonics.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
As a non-Seattle person, if they'd remained the LA Seahawks with the same uniforms, I probably would have remained a fan. But I likely would have been a far more casual fan than I am now. If they'd become the LA Barons with Red uniforms and a new logo, I'd have moved on to be a Saints fan probably. And been quite casual.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":128krtnl said:
Absolutely not. That's like asking if true Sonics fans pull for the Thunder :pukeface:

Truth.

Are there any Sonics fans that pull for the Thunder?

Seriously?

I’d probably be a Texans or Saints fan.
Actually I’d probably not follow the NFL very closely, I’d either give up completely, or dedicate my time to NCAA football.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I haven't lived in Seattle since I was a kid, but the Seahawks and Sonics stuck with me. I lived in Baltimore for well over a decade, and couldn't get into the Ravens. When the Sonics moved I gave up on the NBA for awhile (8 years), and now that I live in Denver I've started to become a Nuggets fan (which is really hard given the Mutombo floor celebration that they ALWAYS show since it's the peak of the franchise). But if the Seahawks left I would give up like I did the NBA for awhile. I would never, ever, ever be a Broncos fan, given that John Elway ruined my childhood.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's an interesting question overall. I always wonder how it would be to not live in a city but pull for a team, then they move.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I remember rooting against the Thunder really hard and people asking me why I didn't like them. So I told them it's because they stole my Sonics away. And you would not believe how many people responded with "So? That's not the players' fault."

Some people just don't get it lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I haven't watched one minute of NBA basketball since the Supes were taken away. And I won't until they get a team back. Which will probably be in another decade.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
There needs to be a "Not even if they were the only team in the league" option.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Since any swear words beyond "hell" and "damn" (and maybe the S word) aren't allowed in this forum I'll just respond by saying as emphatically as possible, "hell to the no!".

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3n60yn27 said:
I haven't watched one minute of NBA basketball since the Supes were taken away. And I won't until they get a team back. Which will probably be in another decade.

^This. Absolutely this!!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry but this is a ridiculous question. Any Sonic fan FROM SEATTLE knows this all too well.

Hell No!!!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Nope. Other than the Seahawks, (since the Sonics left) I am and have been pretty ambivalent towards professional sports in general and would find other things to do with the time and money I spend on them.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
I would have been a fan of whatever team they put in Portland.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a weird question.

I probably would have actively rooted against them.

Nothing gives me greater happiness than to watch Oklahoma suffer after they stole my Sonics.

Every year I get to almost immerse myself in their discontent, as they fail to live up to expectations. Time may heal all wounds but hatred at least makes it feel better in the meantime. It admittedly is cathartic.

Even better they had a team with something like 3 MVP candidates on the same team and lost them all. Their fan base must feel snake-bitten, and it gives me some joy to imagine/pretend all of our amassed hatred created the karma that is that snake.

(Props to Portland for literally bringing about the dismantling of the last year's Thunder roster. )

I cannot imagine any Seattle fan would be a fan of a team they lost though.

But an anti-fan? I know plenty of Thunder haters. Sure there would be a large group of LA haters then. It isn't like Seattle needs much of a push to dislike people from California, it is almost part of the culture here since at least the 80s.

Latest posts