Would you sign here ?

cymatica

Reaction score
As a lifelong Washington resident and Seahawks fan who makes nowhere near what NFL players make, and with zero insight into the business, yes I would sign here

12forlife

Reaction score
It's all about the money. 1st tier of FA has passed, and Vegas, Washington, NYG, and Carolina all making splashes in FA, if that don't tell you it's all about the money nothing will

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
As a lifelong Washington resident and Seahawks fan who makes nowhere near what NFL players make, and with zero insight into the business, yes I would sign here
^
And you could sleep in your own bed too . ;)

GemCity

Reaction score
I would not. I love this franchise….but, we are rebuilding (not retooling).

We aren’t “just a few pieces” away from true competitiveness….regardless of what JS says in the press. What else is he supposed to say?

The only pieces I see coming here are the ones that are near washed. But, MM and JS have let those who fit that category for the Hawks…walk.

In no way, shape or form am I Eeyoring here. I’m excited as hell to see what our FO does and how their plan materializes.

But, it’s going to take time. It’s not happening this year nor the next. As fans, we’ll all need to exercise patience.

Prepare yourself for a big name being traded come draft time.

And this is A-Ok with me (as if that matters). Don’t lose faith and recognize it for what it is.

I truly believe MM and JS are going to bring a SB back to Seattle…eventually.

Last edited:

jeremiah

Reaction score
Atlanta and Vegas both have new coaches, both had worse records than Seattle last year, and they got two of the biggest free agents on the market this offseason.
Winning + money + local environment for the families = a good chance at free agents. Seattle has the great practice facility, which others now match or exceed, so the decider is where would they like to live? Seattle is a lot like Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland and Cincinnati, to say nothing of Buffalo. If you are not winning, who wants to play here? If you had a choice at 26 years old, where would you want to live?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Sure I would. If they rebuild the defense and get a legit qbotf, the sky is the limit.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If contract were equal to other offers, it depends on what position I play, what the depth chart looks like specifically at that spot, and who my coaches would be (position/coordinator).

I'm also a sicko who likes the rain and mild temperatures, so I'm the rare guy who'd choose a Seattle over extremely cold or warm climates. The Florida teams and midwestern teams would be penalized for me personally, but I can't imagine many share that opinion of preferring Seattle's climate to, say, Miami's.

There's also geographical considerations. Seattle is the most isolated franchise in the NFL. For east coast guys, it's literally as far from their families and roots as they can get.

It takes the right fit here. Just how it is. You need a draw to be able to compete in the free agency market as the Seattle Seahawks - it used to be Pete's culture and how different it was in terms of player-friendliness. It's probably going to have to be on-field success here, which is why we can't throw in the towel year 1. We need to come out of the gate with real reasons for inspiration. The sense that we're already building something big. That's going to be critical.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
If contract were equal to other offers, it depends on what position I play, what the depth chart looks like specifically at that spot, and who my coaches would be (position/coordinator).

I'm also a sicko who likes the rain and mild temperatures, so I'm the rare guy who'd choose a Seattle over extremely cold or warm climates. The Florida teams and midwestern teams would be penalized for me personally, but I can't imagine many share that opinion of preferring Seattle's climate to, say, Miami's.
I do. Anything over about 80°F and I start getting aggy if im not at the river or a pool. Vegas, Miami, Texas, AZ etc can EAD

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think we sometimes fail to consider the real-life implications of signing with Seattle. These guys aren't all going solely based on money and coaching/supporting roster. They also have to move to Seattle, and that's a big deal, and probably is usually seen as more of a negative than a positive by those guys we'd be looking to sign.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I do. Anything over about 80°F and I start getting aggy if im not at the river or a pool. Vegas, Miami, Texas, AZ etc can EAD
Hell, I live in Delaware and summer makes me want to die because of the humidity.

92 degrees and muggy for 3 months out of the year has me ready to take a long walk off a short pier by the time football comes back and saves my mood.

Having a minimum of a quarter of the year be the type of climate where you can take a shower and never feel fully dry no matter how much you towel off? Jesus, it makes me wanna die, I tell ya.

flv2

Reaction score
I'd go somewhere warm, or at least somewhere that isn't cold. That's the mid 50s me. The younger me was a hardier soul, but I wouldn't have liked the travel to and from Seattle.

Scout

Reaction score
Seahawks have a new coaching staff so there stability in that they will be here for a while so that is a plus for free agents. The other plus is that there is a chance for playing time at multiple spots on defense and offense so free agents like that too which is also a plus.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The Seattle climate is one of the mildest in the country, with almost no humidity, and is also one of the most beautiful places to live. I'll take some drizzle and gorgeous summers and fall over searing heat and humidity and/or frigid winters any day.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Seattle climate is one of the mildest in the country, with almost no humidity, and is also one of the most beautiful places to live. I'll take some drizzle and gorgeous summers and fall over searing heat and humidity and/or frigid winters any day.
I tell this to everyone here in Kansas City and explain most of the rain occurs at night anyway. And when it occurs in the daytime it isn't super torrential like in Missouri.

BASF

Reaction score
It's Vegas and Atlanta the cities vs Seattle the city, then, for alot of players. Gotta remember that these are RICH young men. & Alot of them are from the southeast.
Been more than a decade since I have been in those cities. Is it still a Seattle ten is an eight at best in Atlanta and Vegas?

WarHawks

Reaction score
I lived in the south for a year (Dallas) when I was young, which was a year too long. Snuck out on a greyhound bus. Flat, grey, searing heat, heat rash, oppressive humidity, can't even go outside in the summer, just too freaking hot. Yuck. I don't get the attraction.