I'd like to respond to a post...

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

I'd like to take a moment and thank all of you for your thoughts, and for chiming (back) in, both here in this topic, and all over the board. Looks like many of you have taken the opportunity to get right back on the horse. Great job, it has not gone unnoticed.

Special shout-out to Chawker for being such a good sport. We still hear you!

Every one of you contributes to make this place THE place for Seahawks talk, and we really appreciate it!. A reminder that if there is anything we can do to make your Seahawks.NET experience better, feel free to PM any of us individually, or select the "Global Moderators" list to speak to all of us.

On behalf of all the dedicated .NET staff, thanks again, and Go Hawks!!!

Scott :icon_new:

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3kluujeh said:
Rob12":3kluujeh said:
Perhaps netskier and I are talking about two different things, but I was thinking more along the lines of having a forum that exclusively fosters positive, intelligent discussion about the Seahawks. A place where we wouldn't have to worry that Kip would get disrespected and trolled over his highly thought out posts. I've been lurking here since The Breda Report days, and to me losing the Random Thoughts posts was one of the real tragedies of this board. I mean really, it was a really, really bad black eye on .NET. Why not create a place where respect has been earned and will continue to be given?

Just a thought.
I think people with lofty ideas should try to create that change within the culture, rather than put up walls of exclusivity where a select few can thrive in a protected, elitist environment. That's not a slam or attack in any way. I agree with the ideas about elevating the general discourse above petty bickering and blatant disrespect. I don't think a separate, secret society is the answer.
Agreed. In the past I've said this board can get way too cliquey at times and a number of others felt the same way. I feel like making a separate area for "higher discourse" would only make that problem worse.

This is a great post though, HH.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2zqjtg6s said:
SouthSoundHawk":2zqjtg6s said:
I never post here anymore...I come here strictly for links to news not found on Seahawks.com.

Too many aggressive people with bad attitudes, that don't know how to have civil conversations. Then they hide behind the fact that "we're all fans here, so it's just part of the experience." It's bullshit, haha. Threads here can be rally embarrassing at times because of it.

Too much negativity for me, which sucks because there are a handful of great posters...it's just not worth it to spend time here.

GO HAWKS.

Yea I agree. I usually just post 1-2 line sentences because it's not worth the trolling . The last in-depth post I wrote and really my only one was before the 2014 season when I suggested that the Seahawks made a mistake trading for Harvin and letting Golden Tate leave . 6 pages of people calling me an Idiot really just had me fed up . Even though I made great points and eventually was right (as we traded Harvin a few months later ) it was still annoying.

Seems like since this team has become so dominant we have either a lot more trolls here or just regulars who forgot what it was like to be an underdog.
I think a lot of posters are unable to look at the Seahawks objectively, which is why you get responses like the ones you encountered. It's something I've never been able to understand. Yes you can be a fan without being a mindless homer, and luckily a lot of the people that post here are reasonable and can think logically. There are many sites out there where there are NO reasonable people. I belonged to a fantasy football website for 3 years prior to discovering .net where they had individual forums for every team. I found that there were very few Seahawks fans and the few that were there acted like the only thing that mattered was how many posts they wrote and how long they had been members. Luckily, .net has very few of these people and I'm glad I stumbled across this site. As far as fan boards go, this one is quite pleasant.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I used to own a site and used to moderate many forums. Here is my take on this, .NET is one of the most awesome sites I have every visited over the years and I have made many friends. With every site, when membership grows there are some growing pains associated with it. You can find all kinds of personalities being a public site, but what I see is everyone not matter what the opinion loves the seahawks and wants to win forever. Everything said and commented on no matter how tough to digest, when think about it, I feel the same that people say things for the love of the game and loving the seahawks. While I used to be a very tough moderator, I realized that I was losing people when I introduced rules and tried to restrict free speech, when we realized that lot more people thrived in a chaotic forum with not much order where people to express themselves and speak up. Yes, the common themes of respect and love for fellow members is the most important thing to keep in mind, and if we all do, it becomes a close knit extended family where every opinion is respected, evaluated, pooh poed and still at the end still have a smile on the face getting to know so many seahawks fans! With that in mind, I am ready as ever for the season to begin!