I know we need the bye now, but...

JPatera76

Reaction score
I kind of hate to see a break in the momentum. We're on a heluva roll right now. :)
Just heard DK say something similar and to the effect that it gives guys who are banged up a chance to get right and get back. Doesn't want an early bye but is thankful for it right now with all the injuries.

warden

Reaction score
Never needed a bye more then we need it now. Huge number of banged up players including our QB. Going into the bye 3 and 1 is fantastic

calinator

Reaction score
As nice as momentum can be this team is so banged up it doesn't matter. Thank goodness for a Bye. This secondary being healthy could be super dangerous for the league.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It's definitely needed but I worry how we're going to be 4 games after the bye. Ten games. Hoping for some good news about Geno, Adams, the entire OL...

calinator

Reaction score
It's definitely needed but I worry how we're going to be 4 games after the bye. Ten games. Hoping for some good news about Geno, Adams, the entire OL...
Yes having a Bye later in the year is much better especially for a playoff run but this is an exception. Granted our upcoming opponents aren't great if the team kept going without a bye I'd worry their injuries could become more serious ones.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Yes having a Bye later in the year is much better especially for a playoff run but this is an exception. Granted our upcoming opponents aren't great if the team kept going without a bye I'd worry their injuries could become more serious ones.
I'm not doubting at al that they need it now, I'm just worried about the rate of injuries continuing after the bye with no relief before the late push. It's definitely welcome right now. If our tackles can come back after the bye, the offense will be very potent.

calinator

Reaction score
I'm not doubting at al that they need it now, I'm just worried about the rate of injuries continuing after the bye with no relief before the late push. It's definitely welcome right now. If our tackles can come back after the bye, the offense will be very potent.
It seemed like the wheels fell off in the Rams game as soon as both Tackles got hurt. The backups have done a very good job considering since.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It seemed like the wheels fell off in the Rams game as soon as both Tackles got hurt. The backups have done a very good job considering since.
I'm not a huge Xs and Os guy but it didn't seem like they adjusted in the Rams game but they did for Det and Car. A lot of 13 personnel (wait, did we do that at all tonight?) and quicker passes.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
They adjusted because they had to
They found out about their depth because they were forced to and now
Were left with a team that has experience and some rookies that can kick some butt
It seems that they will gel better as a whole and the next man up mantra actually means something so it might be even better after another knock it out of the park draft like the last two
The locker room has gotta be a tight knit group right about now

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Xs and Os guy but it didn't seem like they adjusted in the Rams game but they did for Det and Car. A lot of 13 personnel (wait, did we do that at all tonight?) and quicker passes.
They used 13 personnel quite a few times. I can think of 3 or 4 times just off the top of my head.

Latest posts