Look I know it's only 5 games but...

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Doesn't it piss more of us off? Yes I know it's barely begun, no we're not "doomed" yet.

That said though, year after year we hear talk about how the Ms are finally going to contend, then year after year, they go small on salary, never have the bats to compete, mediocre pitching stable.

I have to admit, I'm die hard about the Seahawks, but I've become very fair weather about baseball. I just began to take an interest last year because of the late season run. I felt like around the time they blew up the 2001 team, let Ichiro move on, it really showed they don't care about winning. Putting asses in seats, keeping a team in Seattle and a modest profit is fine by then. They have no real desire to win. This ownership group simply doesn't care if they win, just keeping things reasonably profitable.

I'd think more folks would be pissed. I guess my fan card is yanked by all the Pollyanna's who keep telling us it's early, the team will be fine. It'
s not fine, and no we won't be hugely successful this year either. Ownership doesn't care, bank on getting used to the cellar.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There's obviously way too many games left to give up, but I do find it very frustrating to see us start the season by digging a hole and not showing us any redeeming qualities. It sucks when the only positive is "well there sure are lots of games left!".

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Well baseball is a momentum thing, and it is true, 5 games coming out 1-4, well it could be unusual, even this season. After a month of play though, if we're cellar dwelling or just above, we'll know we're just looking at another long season of crap product. I always hear too "oh, they'll make a move by trade deadline" but in the end, they never do, or the moves they make are mostly inconsequential.

OK, well I know I suck for complaining, but I miss Baseball at least being exciting in Seattle.

I just hope I never feel let down enough by our Seahawks to become fair weather. I like football a lot more than baseball. I'm quick to complain when my Seahawks suck, but I will take any Seahawks over no Seahawks. Even during our bad years (outside of a few in the 90s) I always felt like the team and management wanted to win. I just don't see that from the Mariners. Maybe I'm not seeing what I should, but seems like it to me.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I was feeling pretty sassy after the last few games and I was pretty down on this team.

Ultimately I'm just glad baseball is back as it will serve as a sports bridge until football is back

beastalamode

Reaction score
It just sucks for those of us that realize the potential of this team if they just had more pop in the lineup. It's crazy how little money they spend on the team, they could add otani next year at 60 million per year and still only be around 10th place in payroll.

Chapow

Reaction score
Doesn't it piss more of us off? Yes I know it's barely begun, no we're not "doomed" yet.

That said though, year after year we hear talk about how the Ms are finally going to contend, then year after year, they go small on salary, never have the bats to compete, mediocre pitching stable.

I have to admit, I'm die hard about the Seahawks, but I've become very fair weather about baseball. I just began to take an interest last year because of the late season run. I felt like around the time they blew up the 2001 team, let Ichiro move on, it really showed they don't care about winning. Putting asses in seats, keeping a team in Seattle and a modest profit is fine by then. They have no real desire to win. This ownership group simply doesn't care if they win, just keeping things reasonably profitable.

I'd think more folks would be pissed. I guess my fan card is yanked by all the Pollyanna's who keep telling us it's early, the team will be fine. It'
s not fine, and no we won't be hugely successful this year either. Ownership doesn't care, bank on getting used to the cellar.

If you want to be a fair weather fan, then be a fair weather fan. No big deal. Baseball isn't for everyone. It's an incredibly long season with a shit ton of ups and downs. Every team goes through it every season. Every team has very disappointing, very frustrating stretches every season. Houston was one of the best teams in the league and won the World Series last season, yet they lost over a third of their games. At one point, they got swept by the A's. The second worst team in the league. With very, very rare exceptions, even the very best teams are going to lose at least 50 games. That's just how baseball is.

If you are one of those people that gets all pissed off every time they lose a game or two, and can't enjoy the wins because you're determined to be perpetually angry that they aren't the Yankees, Astros, or Dodgers, then yeah, maybe baseball isn't for you. And that's fine.

Last edited: