Now that I have had a second to cool off

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
I still think Pete is the root of alot of our problems. I think he decided to try and change our offensive philosophy after the Rams game because we turned it over so much it scared him back to his old ways. The positive side of this is that our defense has shown us that they are truly making improvements and are good enough that is our offense can return to early season form we can realistically make a deep playoff run. In my mind this all falls on Pete though, he needs to realize that this team is capable of jumping out on teams and creating a nice 10 or so point lead in the beginning of games by really attacking and taking some risks on offense. This is what we have gone away from the last several weeks and we are starting to see that approach where we play to keep ourselves in striking distance towards the end of the game. If we unleash this offense from the very beginning of the game, in my mind this comes down to one thing....throw more on first down! We can turn this thing around, I definitely am still very cautious about believing things are going to just fall into place for us. What I can say though is this team has shown it has the personal and the talent to make a deep playoff run. I think we need to see better play from Russ, I believe he will figure it out as he always does so I'm not really worried about that part of it. In summary what I have decided and I know I'm just a fan so it really means nothing lol. Is if this team does not put it together and advance further than the 1st round this year in my mind this will be 100% the head coachs fault for not finding a way to get this offense and defense to both play successfully together. Other coaches find a way to do it, Pete needs to as well. Im scared he is of the belief that you can either have a high flying offense that takes alot of risks but scores enough to overcome it most games, or you can play relatively risk free and let your defense win you games.(2013 formula) i think we could be very close to what the chiefs were last year(look how that worked out for them). They had a very potent offense and a middle of the pack defense that created impact plays when it mattered. I for one hope we pull it together and am choosing after several days of being very down on this team to believe that we are going to find a way to turn it around and get hot right when it matters. 4-0 to end the season Im calling it right now! GO HAWKS!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
This Sunday at Lumen Field we host a winless NY Jets team that just (justifiably) told their braindead DC to kick rocks & go sit tf down somewhere, and who also have EVERY reason in the world to continue to tank in order to guarantee that they nab Trevor Lawrence.
I am reserving my judgment and emotions about my Seahawks until I see how they play them.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfandrew":gdx1jqbv said:
I still think Pete is the root of alot of our problems. I think he decided to try and change our offensive philosophy after the Rams game because we turned it over so much it scared him back to his old ways. The positive side of this is that our defense has shown us that they are truly making improvements and are good enough that is our offense can return to early season form we can realistically make a deep playoff run. In my mind this all falls on Pete though, he needs to realize that this team is capable of jumping out on teams and creating a nice 10 or so point lead in the beginning of games by really attacking and taking some risks on offense. This is what we have gone away from the last several weeks and we are starting to see that approach where we play to keep ourselves in striking distance towards the end of the game. If we unleash this offense from the very beginning of the game, in my mind this comes down to one thing....throw more on first down! We can turn this thing around, I definitely am still very cautious about believing things are going to just fall into place for us. What I can say though is this team has shown it has the personal and the talent to make a deep playoff run. I think we need to see better play from Russ, I believe he will figure it out as he always does so I'm not really worried about that part of it. In summary what I have decided and I know I'm just a fan so it really means nothing lol. Is if this team does not put it together and advance further than the 1st round this year in my mind this will be 100% the head coachs fault for not finding a way to get this offense and defense to both play successfully together. Other coaches find a way to do it, Pete needs to as well. Im scared he is of the belief that you can either have a high flying offense that takes alot of risks but scores enough to overcome it most games, or you can play relatively risk free and let your defense win you games.(2013 formula) i think we could be very close to what the chiefs were last year(look how that worked out for them). They had a very potent offense and a middle of the pack defense that created impact plays when it mattered. I for one hope we pull it together and am choosing after several days of being very down on this team to believe that we are going to find a way to turn it around and get hot right when it matters. 4-0 to end the season Im calling it right now! GO HAWKS!

Your thoughts are echoed by many (including me) and hated by others. We're definitely in a divided fanbase, those who have the faith keep it going...and those who are frustrated and want changes.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I generally agree - from a less technical perspective.

What I know: The first 5 games were enjoyable/entertaining to watch when Russ was cooking.

Not so much fun now that the leash is back on.

John63

Reaction score
ddores":3dne7r47 said:

What I know: The first 5 games were enjoyable/entertaining to watch when Russ was cooking.

I believe in re looking at the games it started game 6 after our RBs went down. Thats when you can see elements of the first 5 games go away, such as screens, quick hitting passes, snapping the ball with more than 5 seconds and at different times, Wilson running early, moving the pocket etc etc. and to has gotten worse and worse since..I believe this was initially done in an attempt to help the defense figuring if they took more time it would keep them off the field and also running more and the toughness that comes from it might roll over to defense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":3pdudrvx said:
ddores":3pdudrvx said:

I believe in re looking at the games it started game 6 after our RBs went down. Thats when you can see elements of the first 5 games go away, such as screens, quick hitting passes, snapping the ball with more than 5 seconds and at different times, Wilson running early, moving the pocket etc etc. and to has gotten worse and worse since..I believe this was initially done in an attempt to help the defense figuring if they took more time it would keep them off the field and also running more and the toughness that comes from it might roll over to defense.

Finally you see the light!
This is pretty much why it had to happen with no running game
and offensive line was hurting ..(Turnovers going up) things had to
change and look at what happened-The D improved big time.
The OL and RB's appear to be getting healthy again.I think we can
go back to the fun show we saw earlier in season.

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3nn6036r said:
John63":3nn6036r said:
ddores":3nn6036r said:

ahh NO because as i said it started in game 6. That means right after game 5 when the offense was lights out still. The changes made going into game 6 screwed it all up. We dont know how game 6 would have gone if they stayed with what worked games 1-5.

I think you dont get it, PC made changes to what was a historic offense for whatever reasons and it backfired big time. Now he has no clue how to get it back.

cymatica

Reaction score
John63":31r3qqvj said:
IndyHawk":31r3qqvj said:
John63":31r3qqvj said:
ddores":31r3qqvj said:

ahh NO because as i said it started in game 6. That means right after game 5 when the offense was lights out still. The changes made going into game 6 screwed it all up. We dont know how game 6 would have gone if they stayed with what worked games 1-5.

I think you dont get it, PC made changes to what was a historic offense for whatever reasons and it backfired big time. Now he has no clue how to get it back.

Didn't look like much changed in game 6. They were down to Dallas as runningback and he blew some pass pro assignments in overtime. They scored 34 and lost because the defense was still horrible.

cymatica

Reaction score
cymatica":3i2y0ihq said:
John63":3i2y0ihq said:
IndyHawk":3i2y0ihq said:
John63":3i2y0ihq said:

Didn't look like much changed in game 6. They were down to Dallas as runningback and he blew some pass pro assignments in overtime. They scored 34 and lost because the defense gave up 37

evergreen

Reaction score
Hawkfandrew":2lcmnrnt said:
Expect a close game unless you have something other than every game for the last few years to prove otherwise...