Took One On The Chin.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It happens. What also happens is hyperbole by fans reacting to an embarassing loss.

Show of hands. Who here thinks we are going to go 5-12?

Get real. Every team has bad games. Yes we sucked today. Will we suck next week and the week after? Likely not.

I am putting money on us being 7-3 in two weeks. No that doesn't mean our issues are resolved, nor any guarantee of division champs but what it means to me is that this team is much better than they showed today. As they say, you are never as good as you think you are nor are you as bad as you think you are.

The Seahawks are a very young and very talented team trying to find their way.

Yes Geno needs to get out of his funk. Yes we can always be better. But don't mistake this loss for suddenly being a terrible team. It happens.

knownone

Reaction score
Agreed.

I understand the negative reactions. This was a measuring stick game, and they got battered on all fronts. It sucks. But that's not an accurate reflection of what this team has built through 9 weeks. They're better than that. And I'm confident they'll turn it around.

stang233

Reaction score
I think we lose 4 of the next 6 though. Then win out.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I think theres a few reasons why some people are going a bit nuts today. Myself included. The easy one for me was our trade this week. A 2nd and a 5th for a a good addition to the d- line. I expected the already improving defense to be impressive. Almost 300 yards rushing ? What a bag of shit. Next issue. I got used to the o-line , even while injured, at least being average. Well, today we got bag of shit number 2. Next issue is offensive game plan. Yeah, you guessed it, our 3rd bag of shit. Next up, I dont expect Geno to be Marino. That would be really unfair. I also dont expect him to be Ryen Leaf. Thanks for bag number 4 , doofus. Bag number 5 is brought to us by the tv gods. Seattle doesn't get many games on tv here in Delaware. The first sunday game on regular tv in my area this year is this. Thanks for the hefty bag. I'm not a big guy, so I can only carry one more bag. It's going to be filled up with all the goddamns , wtf's, are you kidding me's, and f you Geno's I said while watching that game today. Ok, whine over. I got bags to carry ........

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
It happens. What also happens is hyperbole by fans reacting to an embarassing loss.

Get real. Every team has bad games. Yes we sucked today. Will we suck next week and the week after? Likely not.

I am putting money on us being 7-3 in two weeks. No that doesn't mean our issues are resolved, nor any guarantee of division champs but what it means to me is that this team is much better than they showed today. As they say, you are never as good as you think you are nor are you as bad as you think you are.

Yes Geno needs to get out of his funk. Yes we can always be better. But don't mistake this loss for suddenly being a terrible team. It happens.
Also, forgot to mention I agree with most of your post. We definitely took a fist today, but it wasn't on the chin.

themunn

Reaction score
Aw awful as they are to watch, having a game like this is good for the team and the players to really take a step back and look at what's going wrong.

With that said I'm not ready to give up just yet - the Browns just put a donut on the Cardinals a week after everybody was coming away somehow unimpressed with our victory of them. The Ravens are probably the best and most complete team in the NFL at the moment - they did the same to the Lions as they did to us, and while maybe the box score against the Cardinals looks close, it was 24-7 with less than 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter in that game. Arizona managed to bring it to 24-14 before the Ravens shut the door on the next drive at 31-14 and less than 3 minutes on the clock - that game was never in doubt either. They now have 5 home games to 3 road games and a bye in the middle to boot, and a schedule that looks like - barring injury - they could easily run the table.

We're now tied with the Niners at 5-3. They're on a 3 game losing streak and about to cross the country to play the Jags in a 10am game off a 5 game win streak. Up next we have the Commanders who traded away their best pieces, then the Rams who as we know can go either way. Then we get the Niners at home on a short week, which has to play into us rather than them.

So from where I sit, despite this loss, there's a very real possibility that 3 weeks from now we could still have opened up a 2.5 game lead against our nearest divisional opponent.

The sky is not falling yet.

LastRideOut

Reaction score

What I've been saying since yesterday. I wasn't even mad during the game. We packed up camp 1/2 way through the game and left Ft. Stevens State Park campground to go home. Every time we go camping, they lose, the last being the Bengals. :)

But yeah, I saw immediately it was just one of those games. This game isn't a reflection of the roster quality. It's a reflection of where they are as a team. I also know Geno is not likely to be the guy after this off season, and I don't think he was the long term plan anyway as evidenced by his team friendly contract. The Lions got their doors blown off too, and they're a popular pick to see the NFCCG. Do I think the Seahawks can make a run in the playoffs? Yes, I do.

Those who think PC/JS are looking to get a top ten or 1st round QB misunderstand PC/JS's philosophy. It's plainly obvious to me what the strategy is. They are building up the team first, then they will plug in their guy at QB, likely a round 2-4 guy. I will be very very surprised to see them trade up into the early 1st to get a QB. I think too many here, get caught up in the "QBOTF" stuff.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ft. Stevens? That's just minutes from my new home! Good post.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Time to get back on track against Washington and right the ship!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me (apart from the score) was that the team was unprepared plus the defense went back to their bad habit of sloppy tackling. There were many missed tackles. They gave up tons of yards after contact.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me (apart from the score) was that team was unprepared plus the defense went back to their bad habit of sloppy tackling. There many missed tackles. They gave up tons of yards after contact.
Weird part for me was we did pretty much the same scheme offensively to handle their front seven as we did with Cleveland. Did our coaches think that the Ravens wouldn't watch that film and counter what we did to slow the Browns? Ravens were ready for everythng we did.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Much better coaching staff, clearly. Hawks were pushed around, outclassed, out adjusted and outcoached............yet again.
Rinse and repeat, year after year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Ravens are a total buzzsaw at this point in the season.

We got whooped on both sides of the LOS. I hope they can just take a deep breath, regroup, and beat the snot out of the Commanders

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me (apart from the score) was that the team was unprepared plus the defense went back to their bad habit of sloppy tackling. There were many missed tackles. They gave up tons of yards after contact.
Right? I got used to 3rd guy in making the eventual 'tackle' -

I didn't track Adams much yesterday - I was too busy watching everything else suck - but my wife mentioned that 33 looked like a retarded attack snake out there - fast as F but missing everything. Not sure how accurate THAT is.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

If you're just gonna be all reasonable and everything - ;) Geez.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Right? I got used to 3rd guy in making the eventual 'tackle' -

I didn't track Adams much yesterday - I was too busy watching everything else suck - but my wife mentioned that 33 looked like a retarded attack snake out there - fast as F but missing everything. Not sure how accurate THAT is.
He was on Lamar duty first and that's extremely hard to do and pick up the slack when other players aren't on their game.

He mentioned something along those lines in his press conference.