How will the Seahawk's success change the NFL?

MadSweeney

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":zc6ds0hh said:
I don't think we have established anything as of now. Starting next year is when we will see what the real set up is. So far we have drafted well, made some key trades and taken advantage of said draft picks with key FA signings. The real test is on our doorstep now. Do we spend too much money on re-signing role players and let some of our draft picks walk? Do we just keep hoping to nail the draft? What will we do after Wilson is making $15m+? I think this is when we will really see if there is a "win forever" plan in place or if we're just hoping lightning strikes twice. Personally, I think there is a plan and am mildly hopeful Wilson will reach his dream of 4 SB titles.

I look at it like running a marathon. Right now we have started off good and have just taken the lead. The real test is can we keep up the pace or will we burn ourselves out and fall back to the pack.

This is almost exactly what my first reaction was to the question. There will initially be some copycat physical imitation with bigger DBs and shorter QBs looked at more promisingly (among others). Though to credit RW with Manziel's high draft position is extremely silly. Johnny Football won the Heisman as a freshman, he was going high no matter if RW got every pass in the SB deflected.

It's a checkers/chess issue. It looks a little like checkers now because we made a lot of great moves, got a bunch of chips kinged and dominated the game. Now what happens? That'll be the success model that will be copied long term, and even still, that model is largely a copycat of the Patriot's salary cap era success.

sam1313

Reaction score
MadSweeney":22k4uo1c said:
EverydayImRusselin":22k4uo1c said:
I don't think we have established anything as of now. Starting next year is when we will see what the real set up is. So far we have drafted well, made some key trades and taken advantage of said draft picks with key FA signings. The real test is on our doorstep now. Do we spend too much money on re-signing role players and let some of our draft picks walk? Do we just keep hoping to nail the draft? What will we do after Wilson is making $15m+? I think this is when we will really see if there is a "win forever" plan in place or if we're just hoping lightning strikes twice. Personally, I think there is a plan and am mildly hopeful Wilson will reach his dream of 4 SB titles.

I look at it like running a marathon. Right now we have started off good and have just taken the lead. The real test is can we keep up the pace or will we burn ourselves out and fall back to the pack.

This is almost exactly what my first reaction was to the question. There will initially be some copycat physical imitation with bigger DBs and shorter QBs looked at more promisingly (among others). Though to credit RW with Manziel's high draft position is extremely silly. Johnny Football won the Heisman as a freshman, he was going high no matter if RW got every pass in the SB deflected.

It's a checkers/chess issue. It looks a little like checkers now because we made a lot of great moves, got a bunch of chips kinged and dominated the game. Now what happens? That'll be the success model that will be copied long term, and even still, that model is largely a copycat of the Patriot's salary cap era success.

how can you say that Manziel would've gone high in the draft no matter what Wilson did? Number, Wilson had the best numbers in history but he still went in the third round. If Russell had failed, it wouldn't be a market for quarterbacks under 6 feet tall.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2oqrc3r1 said:
I have a ton of faith in Schneider. I could see DL Scruggs and Hill making a big impact next season, and the young CBs and RBS drafted recently having a greater impact.

Is rather let Tate walk than pay him 5 mil a year and have to cut Zach Miller. I'd also be willing to cut Red Bryant to resign Bennett.

Well looks like we are about to cut Bryant to sign Bennett. Wonder when we start to hear about Clemons.

chris98251

Reaction score
Can you see Tom Coughlin trying to emulate Pete?

The control factor most coaches and front office people covet is the barrier that has to be overcome. Pete and John work together, they hold players accountable yet back up the mantra of compete and best player plays regardless of salary. Most of all they will cut mistakes and move forward, most teams hate to admit it and actually follow thru.

Latest posts