Hello Hawks fans, your help is requested.

Are you ok with "bandwagon" fans".

• Yes

Votes: 60 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 60 48.4%

• Total voters

Sac

Reaction score
While I don't personally care, I do believe that a bandwagon fan lives a far shallower existence as far as their fandom is concerned. A true, lifelong fan of a team lives through the ups and downs and appreciates the great moments far more than a bandwagoner. Bandwagon fans ride the highs of one team to the next, never to be truly disappointed or elated. Their joy is a gray and meaningless one.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
downundermike":20gk4in4 said:
Eagles fan over here in Spokane, and I have a question for you all.

I have no ill will towards your team, and the life long fans of your team.

What I am having an issue with is all the bandwagon riders that latch on during a teams success, and will bail at the first sign of decline. IMO, a grown ass man has no business bandwagon riding.

So I post this poll for the real fans to weigh in on.

Thank you for your input.

Changed the topic question per a member request.

Eagles fan here too, but married a Seattle native who was in high school when the franchise arrived in 1976. She still tells the story of Jim Zorn and Steven Largent visiting her health class. We've been together 17 years, Seattle has been mediocre to bad for most (but not all) of them, and every time I'd get crazy during a game, she'd tell me to "calm down" and that "it's only a game."

This year and last year, she was screaming like a little girl with a skinned knee. Had to keep her on a leash. But yeah, I guess that makes me bandwagon. I sort of married into the mob, so to speak.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Oh, and the reason I cut her out of the picture in my avatar is because she has too many old stalker boyfriends in Seattle who might recognize her. So there's that.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Spiderdan":35oxvl6l said:
The only thing that annoys me about bandwagon fans is that the don't shut the F up when we're on offense. Don't buy into the sea-hawks chants when Russell Wilson is in the huddle or lining up. I couldn't believe how often they had to put that shhh message on the scoreboard or how many times our offense had to wave their arms down to try to quiet everyone.

Those are not only bad bandwagoners, theyre low football IQ fans. Everyone knows if you're rooting for the home team, you shut your piehole on offense.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm fine with bandwagon fans as long as they don't start lying about when they started watching the Seahawks as if they had been with them for life. I know when I started watching and knew about the players during those times. I get annoyed when a fan comes along and said they've been a fan forever (since birth, etc) to not know any history of the team or players. This is what happens when a team is winning and I'm sure other teams have had their shares of different types of fans like we currently have.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":2b03nvhk said:
We've been together 17 years, Seattle has been mediocre to bad for most (but not all) of them,

These past 17 years?

As in 1997 to present day?

morgulon1

Reaction score
StoneCold":3d3d72pq said:
downundermike":3d3d72pq said:
Sgt. Largent":3d3d72pq said:
Depends on what your definition of a bandwagon fan is.

IMO a bandwagon fan is someone that jumps from team to team depending on when they're successful.

I do have a problem with NEW fans being called bandwagon fans, because we were all new fans at one time or another. Some of us as early as we can remember, some in our teens, and some later in life.

I love new fans, because they turn into long time die hard fans like us. But some guy at your work that was rolling around in a Niner or Falcons jersey two years ago and now is wearing a brand new 12 Hawk jersey? Yeah, F that guy.

I agree with half your point about other team fans changing, but if you are in your 30's, never had a vested interest until the team won a super bowl, you really don't have a problem with that, knowing they will have no vested interest once your success ends.

I don't have a problem with it for a few reasons. First as volsunghawk points out, it really has no impact on me. It's like gay marriage. I don't care who you marry.

The other reason is I am a fair weather fan. I have watched the Seahawks and the Mariners since their inception. But if they suck I don't give them as much of my time.

SC

An honest Fair weather fan. I'm cool with that. You know it doesn't matter, you win a bunch of games and more people are going to like said team. The really cool thing is that I think that the Seahawks are going to be good for a while.

morgulon1

Reaction score
nanomoz":22r5z39e said:
I'll say this: I live in Utah. And there was a time when seeing someone with Seahawks gear or clothing resulted in an instant bond.

That is no longer the case. And I miss the way it was.

I was talking to one of my best friends the other day ( big time long time Seahawk fan) and we were talking about when
we felt like we were the only ones that knew the Seahawks exsisted even though that wasn't the case. I feel like once they became good you know, real good they weren't all mine anymore. I know that sounds crazy. I'm glad theyre having success that I never imagined they could have, but the band wagon comes with the territory.

Latest posts