What is your offseason expectations for the Hawks in 2014?

What is your off-season expectations for the Seahawks for the 2014 Season?

• Win the Super Bowl

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Win NFCCG Get to Super Bowl

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Win Divisional Round

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Win Wild Card Round

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get to Playoffs

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • No Expectations

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Fun poll. Just to see where everyone (TRUE) expectations are for the Hawks this upcoming football season, that anything less in your mind would be a let down. Yes, as fans we all hope/want a super bowl victory repeat, but I'm sure not everyone expects it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
As a homer??, I prefer that they just win each game as tho it is the Niners playing us. That should be good enuff. :twisted:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2k14ikxh said:
As a homer??, I prefer that they just win each game as tho it is the Niners playing us. That should be good enuff. :twisted:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

My only expectations/needs of the Hawks

For obvious reasons:
1) Cannot lose to Niners at home, and must do better than Niners in playoffs. :49ersmall:

For personal reasons that has nothing to do with me being able to trash talk my buddies /sarcasm:
2) Cannot lose to Saints, Giants, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders and Patriots :177692:

Giblien

Reaction score
I don't see any reason why we cannot win it again. We have depth, weapons, experience and a core group of tremendous competitors. Guys, we have the makings of a dynasty. :thirishdrinkers:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think the 2014 team might be better than the 2013 team. Now even if thats true, that doesn't necessarily mean we win the SB, but those are my expectations

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":374ab7kj said:
I think the 2014 team might be better than the 2013 team. Now even if thats true, that doesn't necessarily mean we win the SB, but those are my expectations

I think the 2013 team will go down as not only the most talented Hawks team in history, but one of the most talented teams period in NFL history.

The potential is certainly there for players to step up and become AS talented as the departed players. But as of now I don't see the 2014 roster being as talented as the 2013. Another year of experience for certain players like Russell and a healthy Harvin might make us not notice what I'm talking about. But for pure talent? 2013.

Anyway, my expectation is another SB win. There's still a WIDE margin of talent differential between the AFC and NFC, so as long as we can win the brutal NFC West again (big if), then we should win another title.

JMR

Reaction score
If the standard is "anything less would be a let down" then for me it's probably win divisional round. This team has enough talent and continuity at its core to keep the momentum going and carry an expectation that it should be one of the top 2 seeds and win a home playoff game. Short of that, and I think we'll say we took a step back. But even if we lose the NFCC, I would say that's not a disappointment and we still are a top team. You cannot win the SB every year, but if we continue to be in the hunt then maybe in 6 or 7 years we'll have a couple more SBs.

impacthawk

Reaction score
My heart tells me that we should repeat as Super Bowl Champions. My mind voted to get us to the NFC Championship game. Of course once there, we could win it, of course and go to the Super Bowl, where we should beat any AFC match up on a neutral field.

Frankly, it is one of those deals where, yes, we have virtually all of our starters back....that part is not in question. The question is that the depth positions on this team will see quite a bit of turnover, and those performers need to show that they can perform at the highest level. If they do, we go back to the SB. If they fail to maintain the greatness we saw last year, we could see enough of a drop off to slide back a bit.

Other factors include the brutal NFC West schedule, Home field advantage, injuries and of course, a lucky ball bounce or two. We will definitely be a factor at the end of the season. In fact, we will be a factor for the foreseeable future....which is the point. Get yourself to the end of the season with a chance to go to the big dance.

I will say this.....if they do go to the Super Bowl and win it again.....I honestly don't see anyone else coming up to challenging us in the years ahead. It's a great time to be a Seahawk!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JMR":3e4t2gqz said:
If the standard is "anything less would be a let down" then for me it's probably win divisional round. This team has enough talent and continuity at its core to keep the momentum going and carry an expectation that it should be one of the top 2 seeds and win a home playoff game. Short of that, and I think we'll say we took a step back. But even if we lose the NFCC, I would say that's not a disappointment and we still are a top team. You cannot win the SB every year, but if we continue to be in the hunt then maybe in 6 or 7 years we'll have a couple more SBs.

I might be wrong and still be super anxious and nervous when I watch the games this year, but I think I'll be calmer while watching because we won the SB.

So there won't be that pit in my stomach feeling of dread that I've felt my entire life watching the Hawks play yearning and hoping that THIS is finally the year.............yet waiting for that all too familiar feeling of failure.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Super Bowl or bust. I know it's a lot to say, but once you've been there, I don't see how you can hope for less. Our core players are unchanged. My biggest worry is on defense, and it has nothing to do with the loss of players, it has to do with the loss of the leadership represented in Red and Clemons. But I also think Bennett and Avril are ripe to step up and fill those roles with their experience. LOB is intact and stronger than ever, I think Russell has really connected with Doug and Kearse and I expect magic there, Harvin is healthy and faster than the Flash on crack, Christine Michaels looks to get an increased workload...it ain't gonna be easy, but it's gonna be oh so good

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Teams this good just don't go away. SB 49 baby!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
playing a tough schedule and being in a tough division it's going to be very hard to repeat.

My expectation is that we make the playoffs. No other stipulations.

We are good enough to win it all again obviously, but the NFL is the NFL so I'm not going to freak out if it doesn't happen.

byau

Reaction score
Fully believe we will win the Super Bowl

However, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't either. Here's why

Publicly, a lot of teams made a lot of changes. Naturally. People are putting teams together to compete against the Seahawks. That's what happens when you win and when you are considered the "best" (quantifying that with a SB win). That being said, every other team by definition can make bigger changes than you can and that makes it hard to put a championship team fan at ease. So it's easy to look at all the other teams seeing that everyone is having potentially huge off seasons.

I think Denver made huge strides. John Elway professionally knows how to win and has taken that mindset in the offseason and they made some huge signings.

St Louis had a huge draft.

And there's always the 49ers.

That being said, none of those teams has the Seahawks system and it will take some time to get that system in place. You have such a strong statement from the top down with Paul, John, and Coach. And you have the leaders on your team falling in line with the front office. With such a strong statement and such strong alignment that gives the Seahawks a huge X-factor.

And part of that alignment was rewarding some of those players who were real leaders like Bennett, Earl, and Sherm.

I was most afraid to see what Denver and SF would do in the offseason. Denver made huge strides and getting some players back so I think they will make it back to the SB. SF did not have the offseason they could have and in fact were hampered by a lot off-the-field issues which to me say that they have a bit of a ways to go when it comes to locker room leadership and front office leadership

For all those reasons, I think both SF and Denver contend and I won't be altogether surprised if they end up winning the SB, but if I were to choose, odds are for me Seahawks still win this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What huge strides did either make? Denver signs a few old, injury prone, overpriced FA's in an area that ISN'T the issue? And San Francisco could have 57 draft picks a year for all the good it does them as long as Krapperdink and Hurlbaugh are around. You can't cure refusal to play rookies or one readism.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I fully expect to be freezing my balls off in early February watching a new Lombardi and a bunch of repeat world champions go by on the ducks again in downtown Seattle! :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hftr8p5l said:
I fully expect to be freezing my balls off in early February watching a new Lombardi and a bunch of repeat world champions go by on the ducks again in downtown Seattle! :)
I suppose I expect this 3 more times in a row without the freezing balls thing.;)

Seriously guys we're 1990's Dallas with a sane owner and no jealousy between the head coach and general manager. This could get historically, ridiculously epic.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":228sqeom said:
Sports Hernia":228sqeom said:
I suppose I expect this 3 more times in a row without the freezing balls thing.;)

Seriously guys we're 1990's Dallas with a sane owner and no jealousy between the head coach and general manager. This could get historically, ridiculously epic.

3 times in a row I can go for. Same with historically, ridiculously epic. The Dallas part though? Yuck. Can't we just be the 2010s Seahawks?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I both feel like repeating is going to be extremely difficult, and still feel like anything short of winning it all will be a pretty big letdown.

I'll get over it if we get eliminated, but at least with this core in place, the days of "happy just to be here" are over.

Latest posts