Harvin out for 49'ers game

amill87

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2gps2kpt said:
amill87":2gps2kpt said:
brimsalabim":2gps2kpt said:
Aros":2gps2kpt said:
Like a Lamborghini that you can never drive because it's always in the shop.

Oh well. We have plenty of other exotics to hit the street with! DRIVE ON!

Um… no not really ……. Unless that Lamborghini was wrecked and not drivable before you purchased it but you still paid full price then spent a fortune repairing it. You passed on a new Jag F Type to buy it and you paid full price for the Lamebroghini not knowing it wasn’t even sound structurally.
After you had it repaired it cranked up long enough to race a tractor but only got about a block and a half down the road before it threw a rod………..
Oh and you will probably have to sell your work truck in order to get it out of the shop again. :roll:

Who is the Jaguar? Cordelle Patterson? He's more of a Camaro....

It's more like we passed on a prototype car. What we COULD have had MIGHT have been good but we really have no idea. What harm is Harvin really causing this team? Is he distracting them from winning? Did we lose out on some player that would've helped us win more games? Is Richard Sherman playing for a different team?

Whatever negative we think Harvin is, is all speculative at this point. The only tangible negative anyone can say is we lost out on Patterson but does anyone think he would've seen the field as a WR for us? His only value is as a return man so do we wanna start throwing around 1st round picks on just return men?

In retrospect having Patterson on this team would be AMAZING. He is prob the best returner in the league and thats really the only void we have right now.

Returners only help when the other team scores. We are the #2 scoring offense without a good return man and would Patterson's two TDs or better field position be worth a first round pick? Currently he is not a good WR.

HawkWow

Reaction score
plyka":1aueqclk said:
Dabhawk":1aueqclk said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

I think you need to chill out dude. Everyone knew he was injury prone BEFORE the Hawks signed him. If I would blame anyone it would be Bevell (no not a joke), it seems to me that when the Hawks went after WRs they allowed their emotions to get into the mix and went after players Bevell was comfortable with: Rice and Harvin. They overpayed for both and both are injury prone --why limit your horizon to only players you know personally? Anyway, Harvin is not to blame for any of this, he is not a drama queen. .

With all respect...compared to whom? I can't think of many, if any, active players that have brought more drama to their respective teams and coaches than Percy Harvin has to his. I'm not piling on here....Harvin's story is very well documented and a coat of sugar won't change that. Harvin can't change his past, but he can improve his image going forward. I look forward to him doing so, in gratitude to this team, and the sooner the better (but no sooner than realistic or feasible).
Go Hawks.

Seeker

Reaction score
OH NOOOOOO!!!!
now we'll only score 34 points.

BGHawk

Reaction score
11-1 folks..FO must be doing something right, and a ferrari waiting in the wings. Gohawks

HawkWow

Reaction score
BGHawk":hmu63wmd said:
11-1 folks..FO must be doing something right, and a ferrari waiting in the wings. Gohawks

And that's the saving grace. We didn't / don't need Harvin. There's nobody that we need that we don't have already. A healthy Harvin only makes the leagues best team better.

Tired of arguing with unknowing fans of other teams on the subject of our WRs. "RW is great...imagine IF he had a decent group of WRs". Who do they think is catching all those passes? LOL. I love our group of WRs. Wouldn't be much happier if we had Calvin himself.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Well I dont know about everyone else but here is my take.

What we have into him.
1 st round pick, a 3rd and 4th next year.
We have about 16 plays with him.
and most of all we have GREAT FORUM DRAMA becuase of him.

I dont care what he does for us this year as we purchased him broken. I will care if i hear or even suspect one time that he goes all "GIve me the ball and we will will" on us.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Now let's go back and see if we have any stellar finds in the 3rd and 4th round that ended up contributing for us over the past few years.

Given the history of success by our scouting department over the past few years, we have something like a 30-50% chance of a player in those rounds being at or near starter quality.

So losing a 1st, 3rd and 4th because of a player that has contributed nothing but frothing speculation? Probably a net loss.

Losing millions in cap room for 1 catch and 1 single runback to the 40? Net loss.

If he is the difference in the playoffs all bets are off, but any immediate assessment of the effectiveness of the signing should clearly point to this one being a failure. Thing could change but so far the team has spent millions, lost a productive player they could have used and will lose the services of potentially 1-2 productive players in the future, not counting the players we cannot resign because of the cap room Harvin takes.

HawkWow

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3khs59dg said:
Now let's go back and see if we have any stellar finds in the 3rd and 4th round that ended up contributing for us over the past few years.

Given the history of success by our scouting department over the past few years, we have something like a 30-50% chance of a player in those rounds being at or near starter quality.

So losing a 1st, 3rd and 4th because of a player that has contributed nothing but frothing speculation? Probably a net loss.

Losing millions in cap room for 1 catch and 1 single runback to the 40? Net loss.

If he is the difference in the playoffs all bets are off, but any immediate assessment of the effectiveness of the signing should clearly point to this one being a failure. Thing could change but so far the team has spent millions, lost a productive player they could have used and will lose the services of potentially 1-2 productive players in the future, not counting the players we cannot resign because of the cap room Harvin takes.

I feel (and share) your angst bro. But the flipside to this is in your very post. We have an FO capable of pulling rabbits from their butts. Harvin was a gamble. They knew this better than us. They knew this but proceeded because they know the worst that could happen wouldn't set us back all that much. A risk for sure..but a calculated risk they felt worth taking. They've not let us down yet so I believe we will just keep moving forward. Likely, in dominating fashion.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3n4wcli0 said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

Looks like yet another person Googled 'seahawks forum' so he/she could vent about a particular player. How can a person get 'bench warmer' status when they don't spend enough time in the forum to even take a seat? :mrgreen:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its funny that most of the poster who are negative about Percy Harvin are doing so in hindsight.

Its not like anybody affiliated with the team predicted this would happen to their 11 million dollar per year investment.

And I love how those posters are aiming their angst at Harvin, some on a personal level... get over it. If you want to be mad be mad at:

1. Paul Allen- For having incompotent doctors

2. The Team Doctors for being incompotent

3. John Schnieder- the real culprit you should be hating

4. Pete Carroll- for approving JS's motive for Harvin

5. Darrell Bevell- who knows maybe this guy rallied for him or was going to walk out for a better gig "Get me Harvin or else".

Point 5 was just a joke but its way more believable than the posters who continue to say or think the whole team must be angry at Harvin's situation especially the WRs who are contributing. We don't know what's up unless you are personally a friend to the WR corps, then by all means, spill the beans.

If not just let play it out as it should be because we have no control over anything other than making noise at a game, act more like a fan, and less like your a business partner.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2mw0iqqn said:
TeamoftheCentury":2mw0iqqn said:
Harvin isn't the goal. He isn't the prize. It's a Super Bowl XLVIII Championship.

This is true. But first-round picks are a pivotal piece of the effort to EXTEND our championship run as we enter into the maintenance stage of it. For me, one Super Bowl ring isn't even enough with this team; it deserves at least two, and to be in contention as long as Wilson plays. And if you're going to ask for that, putting our first-round picks to good use is pretty important.
Yes, I'm well aware of the importance of the draft and building a team for the long haul. That's another conversation (and I already mentioned a player that, in hindsight, looks like could have had some impact as a rookie.)

Nothing in my post is meant to imply that I think the Seahawks are just aiming to win this Super Bowl and this Super Bowl only. It just happens to be the only Super Bowl this season, so merely pointing out that the prize isn't to get Harvin on the field, but to win Super Bowl XLVIII. I'm with you as far as hoping for multiple championships, but doesn't that have to start with the first one? I gotta believe that's what tipped the scale in the decision process to pursue a trade for Harvin.

If he wasn't the kind of significant player that they know can be inserted into the offense without messing with the chemistry because he's THAT GOOD... then he would have been IR'd already. So, again, hopefully Harvin can be part of THIS season (even if it's mostly post-season.) We all know he would be fun to watch in this offense and could do some amazing things - even on an already loaded team. If not this season, the Seahawks did everything they could to get him on the field and they'll aim to next season. If he is able to get back on the field like Thurmond did, Harvin is the type of player worth any wait.

Nog

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I just wanted to let you know that I'm french; therefore, I might make some grammatical mistakes or misspelling. Sorry in advance.

Concerning Harvin, I just wanted to say that it is too early to make judgment call about this. In fact, we don't really know what it is going on. Personally, I don't understand your skeptical point of views. I mean that was a trade to make. We didn't have any playmaker with Harvin's caliber.

No offense to Tate or Baldwin, but they are not Percy Harvin. If Harvin is healthy he is all-pro player no doubt about it. I remembered that Marshawn Lynch had such hard time at his debut, then he made this run against the Saints, and we sort of made this deal valuable. If Harvin comes back healthy for the playoff and have a direct impact on the team you guys would probably change your mind.

kearly

Reaction score
Welcome to .net. Your english is just fine, though I did read it with a caricature french accent.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1dy2h3ex said:
This is true. But first-round picks are a pivotal piece of the effort to EXTEND our championship run as we enter into the maintenance stage of it. For me, one Super Bowl ring isn't even enough with this team; it deserves at least two, and to be in contention as long as Wilson plays. And if you're going to ask for that, putting our first-round picks to good use is pretty important.

The overwhelming majority of late 1st round picks are nowhere near as good as Percy Harvin. If we are going to label Harvin a bust, we should label Okung a bust too. They are both awesome, highly valuable players that have had tough injury luck.

I'm surprised anyone around here still thinks you should judge FOs by 1st round picks. First of all: small sample size. Second of all, everything after about the 20th pick most years is a glorified 2nd rounder. Third of all, we don't have a sniper GM, we have a shotgun GM. It doesn't matter where he hits, only matters how much he hits.

Oh, and don't forget that GMs boards are 90% the same in the first round. Jerry Jones is one of the better 1st round GMs in the league over the last decade. 'Nuff said.

Tim Ruskell put a ton of stock in hitting in the first two rounds. He'd draft the safest 1st round pick every year then trade up in the 2nd to get the guy he had targeted. Classic sniper GM. Then of course, he'd do jack squat in the later rounds and would often finish drafts with fewer than seven selections. It was actually a pretty arrogant way to do a draft, it really banked on not getting very many picks wrong. We saw how that worked out.

Extending the championship run will have to do with how well Seattle drafts in all rounds, as well as how well they manage free agency and undrafted free agency. The first round area is a very small piece of that pie for Seattle. Very small. Bennett and Avril were each 1st round pick type acquisitions for moderate price tags. McDaniel and McDonald were bargain basement guys. Browner, Giacomini, McQuistan, etc. Compared to managing free agency or the 10-20 players added from the draft process, a 1st round pick is a drop in the bucket.

Also, I think Seattle's 1st round performance is highly under-rated. Okung is a top 3 left tackle when healthy, Thomas is the game's best safety and is probably entering the discussion for the games best defensive back. Carpenter is having a better season than most think, and Irvin had an above average rookie year before converting into a useful outside linebacker. Then you add Harvin to that. Not a lot of teams can say they have done better in the first round since 2010.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
harvin's talent isn't doing us any good.... unless maybe you point to his existence on the squad providing a motivating factor to the other receivers.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1gq4hkaw said:
harvin's talent isn't doing us any good.... unless maybe you point to his existence on the squad providing a motivating factor to the other receivers.
Future? Long Term?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
just define what period of time you are referencing in your evaluation. Its not too soon to debate his impact to date.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Nog":2gxq1kyf said:
Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I just wanted to let you know that I'm french; therefore, I might make some grammatical mistakes or misspelling. Sorry in advance.

Concerning Harvin, I just wanted to say that it is too early to make judgment call about this. In fact, we don't really know what it is going on. Personally, I don't understand your skeptical point of views. I mean that was a trade to make. We didn't have any playmaker with Harvin's caliber.

No offense to Tate or Baldwin, but they are not Percy Harvin. If Harvin is healthy he is all-pro player no doubt about it. I remembered that Marshawn Lynch had such hard time at his debut, then he made this run against the Saints, and we sort of made this deal valuable. If Harvin comes back healthy for the playoff and have a direct impact on the team you guys would probably change your mind.
I appreciate your contribution here. Excellent first post and, yes, welcome.