Harvin out for 49'ers game

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3q6jc7sa said:
I wonder what the "Percy is a bust!" crowd will have to say when he has a key catch in the playoffs to decide a game.

I can't speak for anyone else but i'd say "yeah!"

I want him to succeed. I want him to help us. I'm just a bit frustrated that he has had so little impact thus far and it doesn't help that he was supposedly injured "non contact" first day of practice before work outs and is still on the shelf. The longer he sits the more I worry about conditions that can accompany a subluxation like avascular necrosis.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
amill87":1wuvu6oc said:
dontbelikethat":1wuvu6oc said:
chris98251":1wuvu6oc said:
Drafting anyone in the first round and have them get hurt would make the same impact on a team. Look at Harvin as a pick that got hurt in training camp, he just happens to be seasoned and a player that can explode on the scene in the playoffs with a bit of prayer.

I get what you're saying and I'm still glad we have Harvin, but the biggest issue is that an injured 1st rounder isn't goona cost 10mil a year on the payroll.

Care to elaborate what we should've sent the money on instead that would've helped us? The big name guys cannot have contract extensions yet

I don't know what the money could've been spent on(maybe other possible FA's), but I just wanted to note the difference in those scenarios.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Dabhawk":26ilajkw said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

Jeez. Drama Queen? He is coming off of a surgery. Its not like he doesn't want to play! He's working on it.

And if you think Kick Returns don't take effort or help you probably have never played football, sports in general, or touched a breast.

Nog

Reaction score
falcongoggles":11d057zv said:
Great job with your English, thank you for the post

dontbelikethat":11d057zv said:
I don't know what the money could've been spent on(maybe other possible FA's), but I just wanted to note the difference in those scenarios.
We could also have spent our money on Mike Wallace who seems to be an absolute fraud for the Phins. I always knew this player is the most overrated player in NFL. Anyhow, my main point is that there weren't any players comparable to Percy Harvin. The 2013 draft class was extremely poor for talents.

At that time, it seems to be a great decision to pull the trigger for Harvin (injuries aside). Nobody could predict this would happen.

Still, I strongly believe that Harvin can make his trade valuable if he comes out and perform in the PO :D

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
akscoundrel":2e4nyavv said:
He is an expensive work in progress toy atm, but once this '69 chevelle ss rolls out of the garage, it will become the boss of the block.

I once owned a new '68 Chevelle 327 - 4 sp. It could keep up with the 396 SS until 3rd gear...then it would pull away. Same with Harvin....he has a 3rd gear that leaves all other players in the dust.

On the other hand, a 396 SS doesn't run worth a crap with a cracked block

The Radish

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1pkorw5w said:
akscoundrel":1pkorw5w said:
He is an expensive work in progress toy atm, but once this '69 chevelle ss rolls out of the garage, it will become the boss of the block.

I once owned a new '68 Chevelle 327 - 4 sp. It could keep up with the 396 SS until 3rd gear...then it would pull away. Same with Harvin....he has a 3rd gear that leaves all other players in the dust.

On the other hand, a 396 SS doesn't run worth a crap with a cracked block

Well all you had to do was keep chasing the 396 because it would soon break. Truck engine never built to be used in car form. Wouldn't handle the rpm requirements. lol so much for your car lessons for the day.

:th2thumbs: